NECA: Predator Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know. What's up with that? I saw a guy from Georgia already got them. Maybe NECA forgot about us.

I hear ya man. Ohio isn't much better off either. Apparently though California stores such as CSC are getting the shaft too, they still haven't received their orders yet. I find it kind of odd that CSC is getting the PREDATORS series, both 1 and 2, later than the retail stores such as TRU. I remember the AVP-R line and how quickly CSC got those in stock. If only that was the case with the Predators, I want mine now but I can't just got hunting for them in stores wasting gas and then have to keep my order for two sets too. CSC has a cancellation fee, if they did not I would have been all over the country looking for these. :D

Berserker vs Classic:

5191235432_f6cc1ac1c8_b.jpg

This looks seriously wrong. :lol:rotfl:lol :family

Finally got a chance to unpack my NECA preds and man... I'm blown away!
These figures are really fantastic!
All pred fans should bow down to Tankman's mastery of Predators-sculpting.

Kyle, you've really outdone yourself dude. Bravo!

n2hhkj.jpg

The Neca's theet are large (inner mouth)... but the proportions of HT's berserker all wrong.

Neca's is really spot on! I just wish the madibles would hang a little bit more.

The HT seems to have the face badly proportioned, but the top of the head looks good.

One thing though, for all our complaining about the scale of the Hot Toys Berserker we haven't put much attention on the fact that Neca didn't bother scaling their Predators correctly either.

One thing though, for all our complaining about the scale of the Hot Toys Berserker we haven't put much attention on the fact that Neca didn't bother scaling their Predators correctly either.

are you referring to the dimensional relationship between classic predator and the three super predators? I justify the large size of the classic's sculpture because it relates to the 1987 original predator.

wcmt6v.jpg

There's a difference here though; these are only $17, and they were never ADVERTISED as being way taller than the classic predator, so I can live with it.

Would have been sweet if they made these like eleven inches tall though, to go alongside the classic predator - but I think that would be too far into "1/6th territory".

the netting was painted cleanly on the Classic. the holes are supposed to be there because that's where the holes in the netting were in the movie. it's not a manufacturing/QC error. it just looks like it because the Classic and the P1 body is the same sculpt. it's the same sculpt because NECA isn't going to sculpt a separate torso just to make a small change that can easily be done with paint.

OK, I do not know.

But you can not see that it is by design.
It just looks bad. It looks like a bug.

I find the original Predator was painted in the mouth more cleanly.
And now the armor seems to shine more.

What bothers me are the to light colors (brown areas) and the wrong color of the eyes.

Annoying is also missing the straps on the arms and legs.

Back