NECA: Predator Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Final packaging for the AvP 2-pack.

Look at the under dome painting on the Alien!
Brilliant!

Great packaging.
A bit disappointed, as the predator is closed mouth version, why not come with the mask? I don't mind to pay a bit more if with the mask.

Great packaging.
A bit disappointed, as the predator is closed mouth version, why not come with the mask? I don't mind to pay a bit more if with the mask.
the masked version has always been planned for Series 3. just wait a few months.

Final packaging for the AvP 2-pack.

Look at the under dome painting on the Alien!
Brilliant!

avp2pack1-1.jpg

This looks so awesome! This and Bioshock 2 Holiday set are must haves.

no arm and leg straps on predator, i knew neca would cheap out, and not have them on predator.guess i can make some myself.
and looks like no base either.

no arm and leg straps on predator, i knew neca would cheap out, and not have them on predator.guess i can make some myself.
and looks like no base either.

Dude, they're two figures that are $15 each. They're the best they can be for their price.

Let's hope those paint improvements on the Alien will show up on the in-store products. Then, it really will be worth buying. Great stuff!! Those trophies are badass, too!!

the masked version has always been planned for Series 3. just wait a few months.

I think he means why doesn't it come as an accessory; neca's answered that in an interview, they say that the bios would be too big if they were removable like the HT versions. After they said that, I realized that one of the HT pred's biggest problems were that their bios were too big in order to fit over their mandibles.

I think he means why doesn't it come as an accessory; neca's answered that in an interview, they say that the bios would be too big if they were removable like the HT versions. After they said that, I realized that one of the HT pred's biggest problems were that their bios were too big in order to fit over their mandibles.
i dunno if i buy that story. baloo's mask is much more accurate than HT's attempt and it's the right size. i think NECA is just trying to be cheap with accessories and pointing the finger at HT as an excuse. HT's biggest problem is they can't figure out how proportions work, NECA doesn't have that problem.

i dunno if i buy that story. baloo's mask is much more accurate than HT's attempt and it's the right size. i think NECA is just trying to be cheap with accessories and pointing the finger at HT as an excuse. HT's biggest problem is they can't figure out how proportions work, NECA doesn't have that problem.

Also, remember, the actual predator props that have the masks on.. don't have the mandibles on underneath the masks. I'm sure they'd do it if they could - biomasks aren't really painted, they're just one color of plastic mostly, so the price wouldn't be an issue there.

The problem is scaling down the helmet so it is thin enough to not look out of proportion. True, HT could do better, baloo and TD have proved that, but for a smaller 7" figure it would be that much more difficult. Not to mention that the mandibles on this fig aren't completely closed and straight, making it harder to fit a bio on the face. Perhaps tankman can elaborate on the subject if he sees this. I wonder if he tried to put a helmet on a closed mandible pred in the design phase...

Also, remember, the actual predator props that have the masks on.. don't have the mandibles on underneath the masks. I'm sure they'd do it if they could - biomasks aren't really painted, they're just one color of plastic mostly, so the price wouldn't be an issue there.
but that was more of an issue of having an actor in the costume. it had nothing to do with whether the bio could fit on the predator's face, which it certainly could. for one, it would be a pain to have to secure the bio over the fragile latex/silicone and armature of the mask while filming. and it would make it impossible for the actor to see with the bio over the predator face mask. and price is always an issue with NECA. they have insane budgetary constraints that HT doesn't have to deal with so much.
The problem is scaling down the helmet so it is thin enough to not look out of proportion. True, HT could do better, baloo and TD have proved that, but for a smaller 7" figure it would be that much more difficult. Not to mention that the mandibles on this fig aren't completely closed and straight, making it harder to fit a bio on the face. Perhaps tankman can elaborate on the subject if he sees this. I wonder if he tried to put a helmet on a closed mandible pred in the design phase...
yeah, it would need a face sculpt that could accommodate fitting the bio over it. but i don't think scaling it down would be much of an issue. it would definitely be more helpful if tankman could chime in about it.

Last edited:
You can sometimes see the actor's eyes right up against the lenses of the biomasks....

Falconer_predator_3.jpg

So there isn't a lot of space inbetween the actor's face and the inside of the mask, certainly not enough for a predator's jaws to fit into. (obviously in the official cannon universe they fit under there, but in the real world they couldn't)

:lol True enough

With regards to the Bios, do you think that could also have something to do with the innaccuracy of the HT face? I know thats for another thread but its something I had been considering too...

You can sometimes see the actor's eyes right up against the lenses of the biomasks....

Falconer_predator_3.jpg

So there isn't a lot of space inbetween the actor's face and the inside of the mask, certainly not enough for a predator's jaws to fit into. (obviously in the official cannon universe they fit under there, but in the real world they couldn't)
i will again direct everyone to have a look at baloo's mask. it is the right size and fits perfectly over the pred's face. the reason you can see the actor's eyes in that shot is because it's an action scene and he needs to be able to see what he's doing and he can't do that with a fragile latex armature-filled mask AND a bio with lenses on.

Back