NECA: Predator Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would, but I like working on a larger scale. I would do a Berserker but since his scales aren't sculpted on meaning I would have to draw them on I decided not to. Sorry, also all of my TRU have them I am in Cincinnati Ohio. For the slow ones thats next to Indiana and above Kentucky but below Lake Erie.

His scales are actually pretty much sculpted so a black drybrushing over a tannish background would make it look a lot like it did in the movie/.

Hmmm I guess I could try that too. Seems too dark though.

Also. fixed my Falconer's loose blade dilemma, all i did was put a little super glue on the tip of the blade. Then I stuck it into the gauntlet and removed. repeat that several times quickly and remove the blade and let the glue dry both on the tip and in the gauntlet. It then will add more volume for a tighter fit.

Hmmm I guess I could try that too. Seems too dark though.

Also. fixed my Falconer's loose blade dilemma, all i did was put a little super glue on the tip of the blade. Then I stuck it into the gauntlet and removed. repeat that several times quickly and remove the blade and let the glue dry both on the tip and in the gauntlet. It then will add more volume for a tighter fit.

Be careful with superglue, some kinds warp plastic. Especially thin plastic like the falconer blade.

His scales are actually pretty much sculpted so a black drybrushing over a tannish background would make it look a lot like it did in the movie/.

In case anyone is curious what this technique looks like, I followed that advice and here's my result. Keep in mind I used crummy paint and brushes, theres a bright light on it, and photos catch details that the naked eye often doesn't. The figure looks AMAZING now. So happy I did this. Oh, also I fixed those two globby black spots on his ab. I'm no professional, haha. On to the pics:

dsc00761t.jpg

dsc00780xk.jpg

dsc00786d.jpg

In case anyone is curious what this technique looks like, I followed that advice and here's my result. Keep in mind I used crummy paint and brushes, theres a bright light on it, and photos catch details that the naked eye often doesn't. The figure looks AMAZING now. So happy I did this. Oh, also I fixed those two globby black spots on his ab. I'm no professional, haha. On to the pics:

dsc00761t.jpg

dsc00780xk.jpg

dsc00786d.jpg

That looks awesome now, good job man!

Glad it worked for ya ;)

That's what I did but I also combined it with a spotting effect too. I like those little red dots all over him for some reason... :monkey2

Yeah, thanks for putting the idea in my brain! :)
I drybrushed some red kinda vaguely where the spots should be, but it doesn't register too well in those pictures. You can see it on his chest there kinda, but he has some on his love-handles as well. I didn't wanna get too much into the spots, afraid I'd screw it up. I only touched up the bigger chest spots.

Yeah, I noticed the red drybrushing, and that's why I brought up that I put spots on mine, lol.

If you ever decide you want spots a toothpick will probably end up working better than a paintbrush...

Ah, cool. May do that someday, but I'm pretty thrilled with where it's at now. After seeing how simple it was to do this, I can't believe NECA fumbled his paintjob THAT bad. I mean, this was a pretty simple fix. All I did was put down a base (yellow, black, and flesh mixed), dry brush green heavily on the sides to blend it, then lightly everywhere else, dry brush the black, dry brush the few red spots, and touch up a few of the big black spots and smudge areas. Not super accurate, so surely NECA could have given us an approximation, even if it was simplified.

Last edited:
Found these on the UK Amazon site but they are 17.99 each and that's too pricey for me!

I'll wait until they appear on other websites first...

dsc00761t.jpg

dsc00780xk.jpg

dsc00786d.jpg

That looks fan freakin'tastic my man! Can't wait to get me a Berserker so I can try that out,

I know I'm a little late to the game, but here's my review of Berserker and Falconer:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/0tfSQlp1IwE&hl=en_US&fs=1?rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/0tfSQlp1IwE&hl=en_US&fs=1?rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

When you see the p1 hot toys with the classic it's just funny how people go on about how great neca's head sculpts are, yeah that may be true, but the hot toys figure is just so much more impressive. I'm not knocking NECA, I think their products are great for what they charge, but their just not in hot toys league (even if more accurate)

When you see the p1 hot toys with the classic it's just funny how people go on about how great neca's head sculpts are, yeah that may be true, but the hot toys figure is just so much more impressive. I'm not knocking NECA, I think their products are great for what they charge, but their just not in hot toys league (even if more accurate)
well, the base sculpt is what really matters. there is no amount of repainting and posing that will fix a flawed sculpt. all the NECA figure needs is a quick repaint and it's basically perfect. tankman said this was a dream job for him and it shows. i love the HT P1 too, but i'd never say it's superior to NECA's figure. it's just more expensive.

Looking at the same picture I have the exact opposite reaction. Just goes to show that "beauty?" is in the eye of the beholder

Whether I agree or not I will accept that viewpoint as long as there is an acknowledgement that a lower end figure can be more accurate. Its the steadfast refusal to admit that a lower end figure could ever, in any aspect, be better than a higher end figure that annoys me, a collector of both, and thats what I was up against every time the T2 comparisons were brought up.

i love these... couple of complaints: my falconer's head came off when i took him out of the box. my berserker's crotch joint doesn't move on one side at all. i think its the turning action of the other one that doesnt allow it to be moved easily. classic's wrist blade doesnt go in, almost broke it trying.

Back