NECA - Planet of the Apes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is what he originally said. I also sent him a follow-up inquiry in regards to the rough sculpt. Had the line continued we would have definitely seen them. The developed Apes I was referring to were the ones that we did already see but I bet they have many amazing prototypes as well.

View attachment 236478

Okay, that makes sense. They were only getting started on them... specifically the roughing out the spacesuits. When I asked Randy if there was anymore figures that they had developed that he could show, I guess he thought there wasn't enough done of those figures actually mention them. Probably around the same time they were roughing out that Galen sculpt, but that head was more of a significant piece to take pictures of.

Those figures would have been epic!

Thanks for the info. I tried to stay up on all the NECA tweets, I must have missed it.

Last edited:
Still love this series. I wish Neca was able to put out 1 figure a year, for us die-hards.

IMG_6831.jpg

Would still love a 7" Taylor for this series.

IMG_6963.jpg

Has anyone removed the 8" Taylor's head for customization? I am wondering if I can put it on one of these 8" Mego style bodies from:
8 inch Super Store and turn him into a slave version. Don't want to spend the $ if his head can't be removed and transplanted.

#SubTheApes Please check out my proposal for a subscription based program to continue the NECA Classic Planet of the Apes line AND vote in the poll! I will be sending this info to NECA in about a month, so it is VERY important to get your input in on this! Go read it, vote, and then share it using the hashtag #SubTheApes at every outlet you can think of!

Action Features: Sub The Apes! Bring Back The Classic Planet Of The Apes Line A Proposal To NECA Toys...

View attachment 237235
I voted! We need this line to keep on going!

Sallah, you have over 1,000 followers on your Neca Ape Facebook page. We need to know how many sales Neca needs to produce a figure.

I voted!!!! Glaf to see this page is still alive. Haven't been here for awhile since the bad news hit! Anyways like everyone else I miss collecting this line it was so much fun!!!! Anyways im selling 20 of my gorilla soldiers NIB if any is intrested if they need to army build. PM me if interested @ [email protected]

Well, I just finished reading through this entire thread, having only discovered it a couple of weeks ago. Personal distractions kept me from keeping up with news about the line; I was just someone who picked them up at TRU and got excited whenever new ones showed up. NECA's efforts were incredible.

So several days ago I was wondering when the next wave was coming out, and my online searches led me to this thread and the very bad news. The most bittersweet part was seeing there was a Veska figure planned—I've been a huge Woodrow Parfrey fan all my life, and over the years his son Adam has become a friend. (I even did a Munny sculpt of Maximus and Veska several years ago!)

When I told Adam about the Veska figure and sent him photos, he went wild and was maybe more devastated than I was that it wasn't coming out. (There have never been any action figures of his father.) After he posted the photos on Facebook he got 200 "Likes" in as many hours, and people who never knew of the line were very impressed by the quality as well as the nostalgic and sentimental value. They vowed to buy one if it came out, and while I realize that's easy to say, Adam is a very well-known publisher, and I think the line could benefit from his deeply personal interest in the figures. He recently performed a one-man tribute to his father in Los Angeles, and has many stories about visiting the Apes sets as a boy.

I am very hopeful that Sallah's efforts will result in a continuation of the line...as I wrote to him in a PM, the sheer fun value of Wave 4 is off the charts—ape with cigar, ape with eye patch, and Disco Ursus! (I know, I know...) Aesthetically it's a hugely appealing set. Plus, besides Adam, Buck Kartalian is still living, and Urko would have crossover interest from Star Trek fans. I will do everything I can to keep hope alive, and am very sorry to have entered the movement so late in the game.

Well, I just finished reading through this entire thread, having only discovered it a couple of weeks ago. Personal distractions kept me from keeping up with news about the line; I was just someone who picked them up at TRU and got excited whenever new ones showed up. NECA's efforts were incredible.

So several days ago I was wondering when the next wave was coming out, and my online searches led me to this thread and the very bad news. The most bittersweet part was seeing there was a Veska figure planned—I've been a huge Woodrow Parfrey fan all my life, and over the years his son Adam has become a friend. (I even did a Munny sculpt of Maximus and Veska several years ago!)

When I told Adam about the Veska figure and sent him photos, he went wild and was maybe more devastated than I was that it wasn't coming out. (There have never been any action figures of his father.) After he posted the photos on Facebook he got 200 "Likes" in as many hours, and people who never knew of the line were very impressed by the quality as well as the nostalgic and sentimental value. They vowed to buy one if it came out, and while I realize that's easy to say, Adam is a very well-known publisher, and I think the line could benefit from his deeply personal interest in the figures. He recently performed a one-man tribute to his father in Los Angeles, and has many stories about visiting the Apes sets as a boy.

I am very hopeful that Sallah's efforts will result in a continuation of the line...as I wrote to him in a PM, the sheer fun value of Wave 4 is off the charts—ape with cigar, ape with eye patch, and Disco Ursus! (I know, I know...) Aesthetically it's a hugely appealing set. Plus, besides Adam, Buck Kartalian is still living, and Urko would have crossover interest from Star Trek fans. I will do everything I can to keep hope alive, and am very sorry to have entered the movement so late in the game.

Welcome!
That's a beautiful story. Better late than never. Neca did an excellent job with sculpting on this line.

Back