NECA - Planet of the Apes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone's order of the SDCC 3 pack shipped from the NECA Club store? My order still says processing.

All right Sallah, or someone else in the know on these bad boys: Are we getting future apes or did this 3 pack under perform... and the line is now dead and gone? Unlike a lot of collectors....I am on a fixed income and have to budget. So I need to know if I should continue to lay funds back for Apes or forget about it. As soon as we have intel: please share. Thanks you. I did my part. Lots of others did theirs.

All right Sallah, or someone else in the know on these bad boys: Are we getting future apes or did this 3 pack under perform... and the line is now dead and gone? Unlike a lot of collectors....I am on a fixed income and have to budget. So I need to know if I should continue to lay funds back for Apes or forget about it. As soon as we have intel: please share. Thanks you. I did my part. Lots of others did theirs.

Randy said it was the worst seller out of all SDCC2015 exclusives. He's waiting to hear how TRU and Hastings did, but as of now "The future looks grim".

Just to add to that last message, Randy also said that the sdcc apes should be shipping by the end of this week as well.

I'm amazed the apes sold poorest, I still see piles of the Pacific Rim exclusive warming at my three TRUs(southeast michigan), while none of the others remain. As a matter of fact, I haven't seen any ape merch outside of the exclusive since last February. for a line that's rotting up store shelves, I sure don't see it very often.

Got back late last night, but that didn't stop me from venturing into my Ape Village today!

IMG_5950_Adam%20Odell_Neca%20Apes.jpg

IMG_5955.jpg

IMG_5986.jpg

IMG_6004.jpg

IMG_5970.jpg

IMG_6028.jpg

IMG_6031.jpg

IMG_6051.jpg

dfbd7960-156b-47e9-a065-d707008438c3.jpg

Go Ape!

Last edited:
Awesome set up Stickman. They look great together like that. I still have to pick General Ursus, the only figure I still have missing.

Awesome set up Stickman. They look great together like that. I still have to pick General Ursus, the only figure I still have missing.

Thanks!! When I got started today I realized I lost General Ursus' gun. I hope I find it before the lawn mower does. :pray:

Oxnard, where are you shipping to? I'll have to order from Gohastings, pay shipping costs and then ship to you, so if your willing to incur those costs, I'll secure one for you. I don't think you will have to rush on this one as the builder is the Conquest Gorilla.

Last edited:
Thanks!! When I got started today I realized I lost General Ursus' gun. I hope I find it before the lawn mower does. :pray:

Oxnard, where are you shipping to? I'll have to order from Gohastings, pay shipping costs and then ship to you, so if your willing to incur those costs, I'll secure one for you. I don't think you will have to rush on this one as the builder is the Conquest Gorilla.

It will be to the UK.... Many Many thanks, this will be my only chance for this one. PM sent!

Great pics as as always Sticks!

You should post them on either NECA's Facebook or Twitter page... should Randy how much these figures mean to us.

I got a ship notice from UPS that I'm getting a package from NECA. So my SDCC POTA figures have shipped. However, it is being shipped UPS Sure Post which means it will be handed off to the post office at some point and be delivered by USPS.

Here is a couple pics, of the 8" gorilla I customized. I shortened the rifle strap, mine hung down way too low. Bandolier is a piece of leather from Joann fabrics, the pouches were casted by "Jessica", I just painted them. The club was made from a piece of scrap pine, he can actually hold it to. The c;ub latch was made from scrap plastic and the metal latch is from an old necklace. [/URL[URL=https://s910.photobucket.com/user/bigfoot1966/media/IMG_1654.jpg.html]

...oh yeah, I forgot, I also wanted his face a little more shiny and no so black so I washed it with some burnt umber oil paints.

Thanks everyone, I only got to film Thursday, yesterday I got called away again, so I left the little village set up and covered it with a tarp. Wouldn't you know it, I woke up this morning to the sound of thunder and pouring rain. I wonder what I will return to when I get back in a few days.

Awesome addition Crue-leader. I just got 5 of these guys and another Taylor. I ordered 2 gorilla bandoliers and Gorilla General bandolier with dagger from Dr.Mego. I wonder if they will work with this set. Hopefully when I get back all my orders will be in.

Oxnard, apparently my inbox was full, I emptied it, so resend the Adress and I will get your order in early next week when I get back.

I need some ideas for my little village that I will work on when I return, I already made little grass dummies to get strung up at the bayonet station. It would be cool to have a little chimp vending spot in there somewhere. It's fun working with these figures and this scale. Have a great weekend Freaks!

Wow some awesome customs, crue-leader your bandolier looks great and the custom batbas well. It really adds alot to the figure. Stick's amazing village i love it!!!! Makes me wanna go build one in the backyard. I was gonna suggest some hay dummies but tou already metioned you were gonna add some. I think maybe some more houses, but i think you should definitely makeba collusium and open up a few more of your gorillas! Also do you leave your village up outside all the time?

Back