NECA - Planet of the Apes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder if Neca is going to put a cap on the amount any one person can buy. I don't like flash sales or anything else that creates humans to go into a frenzy. I hope there are enough sets and that we all get at least one. If anyone wants to sell a figure that they don't want in the set, or wants to trade, let me know. Maybe we can work something out? :)

Is there any difference between the Toys R Us and the SDCC exclusives besides the packaging?

Nope. Does not seem that way. SDCC come in a white box!!! Why??? You would think they package them in a nicer design.

The Toys r Us one looks pretty indeed. Shame I live in HK so chances of getting the Toys r Us one is zero. I'll have no choice and try and get the SDCC ver online. That shipping is going to rape my wallet indeed.

Don''t think the US Toys r Us does. Plus I dont think the special package ver would be sold on Toys r Us online either.
They generally have the exclusives online. They still have the gorilla 2 pack in stock online. They also had the limited edition Lawgiver statue but it looks like they finally sold out.

They generally have the exclusives online. They still have the gorilla 2 pack in stock online. They also had the limited edition Lawgiver statue but it looks like they finally sold out.
Well, never say never, but I asked Randy and he said it's for in-store only at 130 random hastings/toys r us stores. necaclub.com might be able to ship there though.

I hope I can find(hoard) a bunch locally, but I'm not counting on it. Maybe it'll go over like the Lawgiver, somewhat rare, but still takes a while to sell out.

Surprisingly those items you mentioned did come over to Hk even though one of them was a toys r us exclusive.
It's when it's sdcc related that those items rarely come over here. Any how's if toys r us does put them up on their online store I will try and get it shipped to a U.S. Address and then forward it to Hk. That's the only solution for now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am probably going to get the 3 pack from the flash sale going on on NECA's online flash sale. Sadly it's only for a few days.

I am probably going to get the 3 pack from the flash sale going on on NECA's online flash sale. Sadly it's only for a few days.

Likewise, if Toys r Us aren't putting them online, then the only choice is through NECA's online store. Ship to a US address and forward to hk. Sucks being a international neca fan.

It sounds like if you don't order them on a date or time yet to be determined and announced in a very small window of time, or are lucky enough to find them at a random Toys R us, you won't get them at all? Meaning, these are not available at all after SDCC? After all, these are considered exclusives.

It sounds like if you don't order them on a date or time yet to be determined and announced in a very small window of time, or are lucky enough to find them at a random Toys R us, you won't get them at all? Meaning, these are not available at all after SDCC? After all, these are considered exclusives.

In a way yes. They are exclusive because they didn't make that many either. I cant see them releasing anymore after this.

If you go to the NECA online website and click on SDCC exclusives, that will tell you more information about the flash sale and when it is going to happen.

My second MEGO-tribute NECA Planet of the Apes commercial is done if anybody wants to watch it. :) This one is a remake loosely based on the Forbidden Zone Trap commercial from the vintage line. I borrowed the original audio on this one and tweaked it quite a bit, which I think really helps that "vintage" feel. Hope ya like it!

View the vintage inspiration here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpU7f1BB9T0

Sallah

Sallah,

As always, great commercial!

59a7a3fb-e9f7-4a78-9b03-f70f64b656c0.jpg

Last edited:
Matt,

I forgot to mention the other day when I received the Phantom figure with the organ, how impressed I was regarding the weight and size of that product. To know a company can make something like that and still charge under what Neca charges for their characters is great. If there is ever another company that will touch this Classic line of POTA it would be worth their while to add accessories that when collected and joined together they would make something. Like a simple cage wall, for the first wave, and a cage door for the 2pack ex.

What are you plans for your Phantom figure?

My son called around the local TRUs in our area and it appears that one of them has the POTA Series 3 bundle in stock! It was too late to drive there tonight before they closed so we are headed over there tomorrow after I get off work.

Back