NECA- Freddy vs. Jason- Ultimate Jason Voorhees

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got them all except for Roy (don't think he's out yet) and this one.... (ordering next week)... I love all of them. I actually multiples and some times triples as I like to display one with mask, unmasked/alt mask and a few signed. I'm really excited for this one. Despite the boots being a bit silly, I actually really enjoyed the overall aesthetic of this design. Part 4 is probably my favorite Jason film and figure but I can see this one being pretty high on the list.

I did get 2 of this one for now. I'll probably be getting one more so I can display one with the bloody mask and fire effect on the machete as well as one to display with the scratched up mask. I noticed that the loose leg issue is present again on the one I did open. It's really annoying but I think I may wash the figure really well to see if that helps because I noticed the figure had some oil on it in several places. The last couple of Neca figures I have bought have had the same issue. Not really used to having oily figures from them but I think that might be why the leg is loose.

Ultimate Jason Voorhees (Freddy vs Jason) by scarrviper, on Flickr

Had an unexpected trip to Target tonight, and decided to finally pick this version of Jason up since they still had him.

I'll admit this is far from my favorite Jason design, but I had seen enough positive reviews and great photos that I became tempted, and being Friday the 13th today It had to happen.

Overall this figure is great, but I do have nitpicks of course. He is indeed massive, and has quite a presence to him. You can tell that the sculpt is an older one that has been converted for new articulation, but it's still great. The paint apps for the most part is surprisingly clean. You do have to watch the chevrons when picking him out at the store, I've seen some that were way off center. I do plan on eventually experimenting with adding some additional weathering to his clothes to add a little more contrast.

As fun of a figure as he is, he seems pretty lacking in the accessory department compared to other ultimate Jasons. He comes with just enough I suppose, but it makes him feel more like a standard neca figure from 2013 or so. The teddy bear and the flame effect are both excellent, probably his best accessories. The machetes are nice, I like that we get two, though the bloody one has a rather weak attempt at blood. I will be reworking that for sure. The extra masks are cool to have, but I doubt I'll be using them much as I prefer the clean mask.

Overall, he's fun, I'm glad I decided to get one after passing a few times.

Back