NECA Exorcist Box Set Finally being Released!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I made a thread about this before and no one seemed to care. If you want a haunting and interesting read then check this out.

https://www.strangemag.com/exorcistpage1.html

Basically this guy tracked down the actual boy that The Exorcist was based off of. He put a ton of research into this article. It is a fairly long read but it's awesome and the end is really neat.
No one cares what you have to say. Given that you are likely drunk 95% of the time your posts and threads just get ignored. :lecture

yeah possession scares the piss outta me. :lol

Those of faith arent bothered by the concept of possession. If they are really people of faith they arent afraid of demons , as they are spiritual in nature and one of the fundamentals of their faith is they have a higher power that is superior. What bothers them (me) is the entire crucufix being abused scene and the words she says whilst involved in the abusing. That's called blasphemy.

Take that one scene/part out--and a little bit of the fouler language from the film-- and it doesnt bother anyone. Then its just another well done horror film. Seriously. But I do not like the fact that the devil wins the struggle. The film in itself isnt about Regan. She's a tool in the film. The film is about destroying Damian. A priest who has given place to the demon Pasuzu by losing his faith in his higher power. The film focuses as much on Damian and his relationship as it does with regan. maybe more. The Pasuzu gets Damian and thats that. It isnt until Exorcist 3 that we find out exactly how badly the demon won. But George C. Scott caps him at the end and all is well (I guess).

Thats what a lot of film makers dont get. They think people of faith do not watch horror films. They are dead wrong. Plenty of them do. They enjoy the classic struggle between good and evil on film as much as the next guy. The problem is a lot of film makers seemingly go out of their way to put offensive things in films for no other reason than to get people riled up. Its marketing, I guess.:dunno

Since they are both works of fiction you have nothing to be afraid of :lecture

Uhmm...The thing about the Exorcist that made so many people "skeered" of it was the fact that Blatty took his inspiration from a real life exorcism. Take a read:

https://www.strangemag.com/exorcistpage1.html

as for the stance on faith neing a work of fiction--your comment pretty much solidifies what I said: People making statements solely to attempt to alienate those of faith. Takes all types to spin the world, and make a venture profitable. People of faith have money too.:peace

Back