NECA Dark Knight Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can see modders doing great stuff with the underlying sculpt, you know real hair and custom paintwork. Hopefully no cross eyes with the final product like the 89 bats.

This and their Arkham Origins Batman are probably their best efforts in the 1/4 scale so far.... At least I think so. They will be the first figures from Neca I plan on owning.

Hmm this NECA one looks similar to EBs but they fixed up the real skinny face, reduced the size of the chin and the eyes appear more noticeable. Furthermore, I definitely see a resemblance to Ledger as the Joker in the pic below.

Still reminds me of the DX01 right here. Still, I'd be keen to see what's under the paint. The detals and the suit look good. Nothing I really need though, meh.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

I can see what you mean but I think maybe the resemblance to the DX01 is possibly due to the fact that the make up is painted in the same simple way as the DX01 one.

Like compare both sculpts.

DX01

NECA

I think the NECA one looks more like the EB on as far as head sculpt goes but with the reduced chin and wider face.

EB

69464edegw1dva38f5i62j.jpg

Google neca Dark knight joker and toyark.com posted a large frontal pic of the figure. Its not bad. I never got the EB joker, and perhaps I'm still kicking myself a little bit, but I always believed something was a little bit off with the EB sculpt/paint

It's actually a good sculpt but the face is too skinny and he is painted like the Crow, thus, because of the skinny face and crow make up paint job he looks more like Brandon Lee as the Crow instead of Ledger as the Joker. However, when the sculpt is repainted it looks more like Ledger, despite the skinny face.

There is untold brilliance and potential in that sculpt, hiding under the sub-par paint apps.

:exactly:

I would like to see a pro like Silent Surfer or 8-bit for example repaint this!:pray:

Last edited:
I have no interest in paying $300+ for a Ledger Joker but a 1/4 scale figure like Neca's doing for $100? Yep, I'm down for that.

Honestly speaking, I am still pleased with EB Joker Ledger quality. Neca might have cheaper price but all in plastic? I have few of my friends inputs when Neca goes for movie character, its a NO-NO! The face will be horrible (see Tony Mk7), the joints more vulnerable than EB and no real sensation on our fingers.
When Neca says monster or robot such as Predators or Robocop line...it will be good. When to reality? I will consider twice.

Joker won't turn out like tony with all those make up. Main reason why I pre ordered.

I think if you strip everything back and forget about cost, Id actually sway more towards this sculpt. I think il get one. I think it would make a nice mix media figure with some real hair, a re paint and maybe the enterbay or custom made purple coat to fit.

Liking what Neca have achieved with this and they continue to impress.

He look awesome !

It'll be mine ! NECA has done an incredible work on the 1989 Batman, Iron Man and Dutch from Predator (and many others...).

I mean, for the price and those who can't afford HT or others expensive brands, this NECA 1/4 line is a must have ! And I can't wait the Arkham Batman too.

The only problem for me, I've not enough space to store all these big guys. :gah:

Yeah for the price, these are quite incredible. I had the iron man which was awesome and the Keaton bat looks right up there. The Arkham bat looks great too. Looking forward to seeing the final version on this.

I used to reject HT as they are too pricey. But after starting HT I have to say I'm better off esp on figures with human head sculpt. I mean Neca charges 100+ for a sub par head. Seriously look at Thor and Cap. They look ****.

I don't like the paint jobs on Neca figures, not enough detail for my taste.

Do you guys know when can we get some "final" result pictures of the Joker and Batman from Arkham Origins ?

I want so hard to pre-order but I'm afraid of a "bad surprise" or something like that.

What did you think about that (for those who buy NECA stuffs) ?

Thanks.

Cheers. :)

I'm tempted by this. Don't own any of the Dark Knight Hot Toys (thanks to a certain retailer) and think this would make for a nice piece to keep in the box at least.

Back