NECA damage report

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah I thought it was pretty weird of the NECA when they did the Dark Chrystal series how they only made the vultures but not gelflings since they are the heart and soul of the film.

I dont hate NECA at all but I certainly hate their business practices and the quality of their items. Its just not good enough and people need to step up and tell them how bad it is and that they need to do it quickly before they go out of business because of what they are doing but some of the fan boys have taken offense and get all paranoid thinking its all about attacking NECA and bringing them down but its the opposite and people shouldnt feel scared because of Sabres baby threats and taunts and he calls me a troll how does he work that one out. Maybe he a source at NECA or get paid by them to defend them again any criticism because you always see him attacking people when they say anything about them like he gets paid of some junk like that.

Ive seen NECA doing this sort of thing many times on forums they pay people or employees to talk things up and never let the conversations go on to their bad quality so they steer it away and brand people trolls for bringing some things about their practices up. Its sad that people feel scared of them and are afraid to talk about their horrendous quality and ever increasing prices for the same old junk with the same OLD problems.

If you check the new terminator and predator stuff out you will soon find that most of them have cracks in their joints and if you dare to flex them even slightly from side to side when setting them up they just crumble like cheap chinese clothes pegs and thats right out of the packet and the paint looks really really bad like they use nasty tinted house paint despite them telling us that they have a new factories on the job. Lots of them look like they have dirt and crusty paint grains embedded in the paint. Again NECA with all the new factory talk and better quality paint but its the same old crap and the prices are even higher and I hear that all the newer figures are going to five dollars higher than the last releases and it goes on and on. We pay more for less and the quality just gets a little worse every time.

Why is it so hard for them to make something good quality that will last as long as the old star wars stuff has and they were only one dollar what back then. The only way to change things is to let them know that there are serious problems that need fixing and for them to actually do something about it this time. Im starting to think they know all about the problems but dont care and know that kids will buy their stuff and when it breaks their parents will just say that they were to rough and not blame.

And Sabres I guess all the others that are reporting broken stuff are just lying and making trouble because we hate NECA but you must know deep down inside that that just isnt true but I guess you dont care about the rest of us as long as you get the good stuff. NECA please take care of your loyal custimers and give us what you know you should be and would like to buy yourselves and stop showing us paint masters that we will never get anything near as good as that. Please take care of your customers i beg you to listen to us before its too late to do anything because everyone stops stocking and buying your stuff.

I had to go through 3 Warrior Aliens. It was insane. I even opened them in front of the TRU lady...she was like WTF when their arms kept falling off.

____ty.

I have 7 Neca figures, my newest one is 19" pred. No breakage problems for I don't actually playing with them. But quality of their plastic and paint apps are indeed terrible.
I felt sorry for their sculptors for after some lacquer and repaint, their works can became something decent. Even on par with SS. It hurts to imagine what if 19" pred is made from polystone and got a decent paintjob, for it'll be A-super-amazing-400$ statue for sure.

Last edited:
Never had problems with neca. Lousy paint but what do you expect? they're probably the cheapest toys around. I'd rather just repaint 'em. My Splinter Cell custom turned out great!

Never had problems with neca. Lousy paint but what do you expect? they're probably the cheapest toys around. I'd rather just repaint 'em. My Splinter Cell custom turned out great!
Hasbro is cheaper and a lot of their SW figs are actually painted pretty good..

Hasbro and Star Wars stuff is so much better than most of the NECA stuff and even McFarlane stuff is pretty good in comparison. NECA really should study what those guys did and are doing and take some serious notes or they are going to go belly up soon. I've been reading several other forums and the list of problems others are reporting with their figures is astonishing with most reporting that the stuff is broken in the packaging or not long after you take it out and the messy sloppy paint work. If you guys keep accepting this junk and paying their ever increasing prices then you need your head checked or maybe you are so rich that you can afford to feed NECA hundreds of dollars a year and not care about what you get. Buying substandard NECA crap just lets them know that you dont care an

d that they shouldnt do anything about it and they can probably keep doing the same stuff using the same excuses and charge you more and more. Its time that NECA take care of its loyal customers and give us quality items that we should expect in this price range and not think only about making money so they can spend it all on hair care and luxury cars or whatever but I don't see it happening with all the die hard NECA fan boy defenders that act like you killed their puppy if you say anything about the horrible junk they put out time and again with all the promises in the world but its still the same old junk. We need to let them know about the problems so they can fix things and they will have no excuses for releasing crap and charging more. Stand up for your consumer rights or there is no point in having them in the first place. We deserve better and they have made lots of promises that they havent kept and they owe us big.

Not buyin is not the solution.
The Solution is that Neca make a better QC and Paint job.
The Fits Pics of Predator series 4 looks pretty awesome, I hope all the new Predators looks so good.

Ill still buy what interests me but that doesent make it any easier sorting through cases of stuff to find good examples when they all should all be of the same quality. We shouldnt have to sort through and search out good examples of stuff when they show us paint masters that look exactly like we should be getting in the first place so why even show them if they dont represent the stuff that we get. NECA must think we are stupid and dont even notice the difference between them its like they live in some ivory tower and never even see the finished items once they leave the factory or they would say that they arent good enough and would send them all back to be remanufactured or just plain go to a new factory to get the job done right. Its at the point now where you might find one in five that is acceptable and the rest are just junk and not worth ten cents.

Ive spoken to lots of shop owners on my searches and they all tell me that they are sick of NECA quality and arent going to keep stocking them anymore because they end up sending more than half of what they get in stock back and its always a problem dealing with NECA for returns because they basically just distribute from generic warehouses where nobody takes responsibility for anything they send out a new carton of stuff without even checking it out and the same thing more than often occurs again and again. Half of the places I used to by my NECA from dont even stock them anymore with all the complaints they were getting it just wasnt worth it for them and their profits were being eaten away by the price increases from NECA anyway so goodbye NECA. When others look at my NECA collection thats over one thousand pieces now and say that its pretty cool I always tell them just how much effort it takes to find good figures because most of them are really bad and broken and then I show them my rubbermaid tub full of broken junk with bad paint. One batch of figures was so badly made that they turned into a clump of stuck together plastic because the chemicals they made them with werent set properly in production and some reaction occurred where they melted.

Mr postman delivered some assassins creed and some aliens and predators with broken arms a cracked leg joint and nasty stuck joints and bad paint that looks nothing like the paint masters and prototypes they showed. I have a whole lot more coming soon and I hope Ill have better luck with the next delivery but its not looking very promising so far. The way I feel right now NECA needs its ass kicked big time for the ____ its putting out. Same old ____ and they keep on rolling with it even though they said that they were using new factories and better paint techniques and all that jazz.

We need to more now than ever let them know about the problems so they can fix things and they will have no excuses for releasing crap and charging more and more for less and less.I cant see them being around long when this is what they do with almost every release now. Everyone I know has problems with their stuff and NECA keeps telling us they have fixed this or are using a new factory but nothing ever changes and now I think they are just laughing at us by making inferior crap that a 2 year old could break. NECA needs to raise the bar and improve their game or they wont be around in a few years its really not that complex when you do what they do.

Instead of complaining in this forum, how about you email them for support?

I got an Elder Predator and the arm joint broke, so they sent me a perfect one for free.

Instead of complaining in this forum, how about you email them for support?

I got an Elder Predator and the arm joint broke, so they sent me a perfect one for free.
because the whole point of this thread is complaining. this isn't the first hissy-fit thread he's posted.

Back