NECA damage report

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are differences in paint if you compare the same figure. Sometimes sculpts are also affected.

The Denture of the Predator 18" looks from figure to figure different, but these are exceptions.

On most figures ive noticed just negligible paint differences.

Never anything broken for me.
I collecting 18", have just three in 12" and not even one in 7".

Maybe in other scales it looks different, cant judge.

Thats my hobby and i love neca, they doing incredible job for a low price.

The fantastic scuplts compensating for the little errors.

I have no problem buying five samples and sell the weaker ones.

This is a Mass production, so its better to tolerate that.

For the majority it is insignificant, so

Last edited:
Sabres, Im glad you havent had anything break on you but I have and lots of other have too so no point denying it and saying it isnt happening when it so clearly is when you read through the NECA threads around here. The new Terminator stuff is bad too and nothing has changed with their quality control at all since they made all the hype statements about them using different manufacturing techniques and different factories to improve the common reoccurring problems that weve all been experiencing for years and years but the same ____ keeps going on.

NECA needs to raise the bar and improve their game or they wont be around in a few years its really that simple and all the sweeping under the rug isnt going to change that and you know it or you should or a great little company is going to go bust. they need to hear it from the fans because we care and not from suppliers that wont stock their crap because they have to deal with all the junk from angry fans that need to return stuff or open it in the shops to make sure they are getting what they pay for it. Its not free and if you tolerate this sort of thing they will do nothing about it and just keep stealing money from people that dont know better.

Stand up and fight for your consumer rights or there is no point in them in the first place. Youre getting angry with the wrong person because I really care about whats been happening and the lack of change about the problems. Just look at the whole 1/4 predators with all the broken netting and loose ankle joints and cheap horrible soft rubber armor parts and all the other problems that ive written about before and that will be repeated if the do others stuff from that franchise in that scale and dont tell me its what you get with a cheap stuff and thats what you get when you pay for it because they were making better star wars stuff in the 80s that didnt break and is still going strong today with all the abuse that kids gave them back then.

of the 50+ 7" NECA/McFarlane/Mezco figures i own the only problem i've had are with the following NECA figures:

7" T-1000 Galleria - snapped shoulder joints within 10 seconds out of package
7" Alien Warrior - hip joint snapped 20 seconds out of package
7" Elder Predator - elbow joint snapped 5 seconds out of package (an all-time record)

Luckily i bought these figures at Toys R US, and i returned the figures the same day for a full-refund :clap

Uh, NECA figures actually do break much more easily than they should.. My Alien figures especially. Haven't had any trouble with the Predators though.

so everybody got sucked into another troll thread again? there should be a whole sub-section for these. we could stand to merge that Indiana Jones one somewhere.

I've had no problems with any of my NECA figs.

I give them a huge A for sculpt and quality.

GREAT JOB NECA!

BRING ON MORE OF YOUR AWESOME FIGS!

They get an A+ in sculpt for sure, but I have to be honest, I completely disagree with them getting anything above a D in the quality department. Your post (especially the last two sentences) comes off as a bit too 'in denial' for anyone who's collected NECA figures in the past and especially the present. Kyle Windrix is incredibly talented and it's a shame to see his work overshadowed by somewhat-shoddy to abysmal paint apps and breakages, so there's no reason to blindy pat NECA on the back acting like everything's okay. I envy your lack of problems with their figures, but you are definitely in the minority here and it's a small one to begin with.

The new 1/4 P1 is a major improvement in quality and Fortnox's posts in that thread are indeed trolling. I love that figure and it's a monumental release for the company.
With the 7" line, however, he has a point. For me, it's not a matter of pitting two companies against eachother or anything like that (we seriously don't need another thread or argument regarding that age-old issue), it's simply a matter of one company that's circling the drain with most of its releases. You don't have to compare it to anything to realize that even for $15, standards must exist. The fact that someone has to respond to the OP with "just buy another one" borders on ridiculousness IMHO.

Not to mention the fact that buying another one still may not do it. It's $15 a piece, but when those costs pile up for the same figure due to breakages and the sadness of coating excellence with sloppy paint, anyone in their right mind would eventually question their buying habits.

:lecture:lecture:lecture
yyyyyep

I can maybe excuse bad paint but the breakages right out of box shouldn't happen. And the combination of the two cons is worse still.

Fixed for ya

Sabres et al. So you don't mind being lied to and cheated or having to waste your time and begging the shops to let you pick through their stock to find figures worth buying. Sure these things arent the most expensive things and are cheap but that doesnt mean that NECA doesnt have a responsibility for what they sell. Try contacting their customer service and its non existent for consumers and thats not remotely good enough these days its 2011 not 1911 but I bet there was better customer service around in 1911. No its not good enough in this day and age to keep selling your customers junk and then expect them to go through all the BS returning and trying to find a good item. It may be good enough for you because you live right next to NECA or something but the majority of their customers don't. And the worst thing about their 7" line is that they seem to become more fragile and brittle over time. I dont even want to think about what their 1:4 stuff are going to do with a little age one drop and smash to bits if it wouldnt happen already. Cannon held on with 1mm of soft plastic garbage is so stupidly designed you would think kids worked there and drew it all up. No point giving them an A for what you imagine them to look like with good paint and without that melted look to them.

I was going to give my young kids a box full of old stuff and most of it was snapping and falling apart after only 5 years in storage so I wouldnt even give it them because its a choking hazard so what is there left to do but glue it all together and lose articulation or throw it in the trash along with all the money I spent on it. NECA need to open its eyes and realize that an older generation is now telling it younger customers about their tricks to sell them substandard junk that other were doing in the 70s and 80s better than they can today. In the past years Ive had defects and breakages on almost everything I pick up of theirs and Im not rough with it and it still happens.

Where is their customer service. Doesnt exist. All you get is some twitter BS reporting all the new innovations they are doing and sending guys to sites and drumming up promise filled hype with great test samples being shown that will look a million times better than what we end up getting. Their prices slowly climb and climb with the promises of better quality paint plastic and articulation but we never get it and its very frustrating because you know that they are talking BS and you cant even contact them after it all and they just move on to the next pile of junk and it never ends. Even their own staff have admitted many many times over the years how disappointed they are with how things turned out but its never their fault its always that Chinese factory and they tried but that was just the way things go sob tales. Its been done 100 times in he past years. Some of their older stuff may have had some nasty paint but at least the joints wernt broken in the the packets or a few seconds after you opened them up or moved them around a few times. They would get an A for the sculpts if they were molded correctly and had sharp detail but they all come out looking like youre viewing them through a lense smeared in vasaline but I can accept that for the price point.

Youve said what you wanted to me so you can go away and enjoy your perfect figures that dont ever break and let others that havent been that lucky let NECA know that we like what they show us but dont always like what we end up getting for out money and all the trouble we go through to get something that should be as good as what they show us in the first place. its supposed to be fun and not a big stupid mess that nobody want to take any responsibility for and keep repeating over again with some new tales of how it could have been but want. Its just not good enough anymore and talking about it is how things change not just insulting and pretending its not that bigger issue when it is and could be made better instead of them making more and more profit and laughing at us for buying junk.

Why you crying so loud and always write the same thing on more than 40 posts, lol ?
These figures costs 15$ and not 150$, you understand that ?

Dont buy it, problem solved. :1-1:

Last edited:
the other day one of the Terminator figures fell on the floor and it chipped the corner of the head so now you see the unpainted part, and I had to throw it away. it was kind of upsetting because I remember when I got it I was at Toys R Us and spent about an hour going through all them looking for the best paint job, I made a mess that day by taking down all the figures from the pegs and didnt bother putting them back up. the paint is kind of cheap

I think the point is he doesn't want to hate NECA. He likes their sculpts and the licenses they produce figures from, he just wants the quality to be better. Ever since T2 series 3 I feel the same albeit maybe not quite as strongly. Breakages due to poor plastic in the joints should be the exception not the rule. With T2 series 3 T-1000s it was very much the opposite.

Hey look...another long, rambling, trolling post by Fartknox that I won't bother to read.

I bought a God of War figure a couple years back that broke out the box..they sent me a replacement, which also broke. Both times were the legs.

That was the last time I ever bought a Neca product and I doubt I will again.

the alien and aliens warrior, are the only neca figures i have had that broke in the package or shortly after taking them out.
i've had more problems lately with stuck joints, very sloppy paint, missing parts, and mismatched parts,mismolded blades on some of my predators.and such.

my 7 in. robocop has no qc, sloppy a$$ paint, missing part, looks like a dime store toy.bad molding on and on.

i will try predator 2 and hope they have good qc, and will wait and check out their rambo line,i would try a alien queen if they make one.
if these fail, then i'm done with neca.

the terminator 1 series 2 figures seem to have improved on qc,from the 1 i have,and the others i have seen.

Back