Action Figure NECA: Blade Runner 2049 Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Prove it.

IMG_8767.jpg

I don't know who either of those are. Series 2 probably will get canceled, no surprise if it does.

I watched Blade Runner Final Cut (borrowed from a co-worker) for the first time after 20 years. I don’t remember exactly how I felt back then but knowing that it never made in into my movie collection tells me one thing…it was not for me. Today, watching in my 40’s, I kept trying to convince myself that I should like this movie. The visuals/environment are stunning for the time it was created but It felt too much for the story I was watching. At some points I felt like throwing up as the environment was too rich/detailed for the story.

BR is a slow movie. Slower than most of us used too. The best example I can give is walking down the street at your normal walking pace, then getting stuck behind a bunch of people walking slow. There is no way to get around them at that point so you must continue this slow paced walk for several yards until you find a opening to go around them. BR forces you to walk behind at a slow pace for 2 hrs.

I watched this raw with no external influences again after 20 years and I felt the same way. Im sure if I went on youtube and watched a handful of post discussion the in’s and out of BR as rematch I might see the movie differently. But then I am influenced…..

I will have to give BR another go since when I watched it Blu-ray a few years back, I must confess I was halfway on my computer and the other glancing over my TV - never a good idea considering how much the plot requires attention in order to truly appreciate it - so I didn't really grasp the concepts of the story. But I couldn't deny the film looked gorgeous and, on Blu-ray, looked like a film that was made today in all honesty.

But is it true that the film received lukewarm reviews after its release in 82? Funny because The Thing came out the same year or so and I hear that was slated by critics but it's one of my all-time fave horror movies. :dunno

Yeah, other than the visuals, Batty, the atmosphere and the music, I don't like Bladerunner. I've tried to love it, even forced myself to watch all the different cuts, but I just can't get into it. It's weird ****.

2049 is going to be better than it I think.

Yeah, other than the visuals, Batty, the atmosphere and the music, I don't like Bladerunner. I've tried to love it, even forced myself to watch all the different cuts, but I just can't get into it. It's weird ****.

2049 is going to be better than it I think.

Yeah we're in a strange position of potentially thinking one of these massively late sequels is better than the original whereas for some that will be an entirely blasphemous stance. Or maybe we won't be able to get into this one either. We'll see.

Watched it again recently for the first time in over a decade. Extremely slow, horribly convoluted, and it certainly hasn't aged well.

The special effects and backdrops are fantastic, though.

It was good for it's time, and we even got a great videogame out of it, but overall?

Meh.

But is it true that the film received lukewarm reviews after its release in 82?

I don't remember the reviews but I remember myself and everyone else was expecting "Indiana Jones in the Future" and we got this slow, moody thing instead, so no one liked it. The marketing was horrible; they made you think the entire movie was filled with action by cutting commercials out of the last few seconds. Every trailer and commercial had that jump across the building and Ford hanging over the edge. Looked thrilling. But was completely deceptive. If I knew what I was going to see I'm certain I would have liked it better.

But it did slowly find its appreciation... and then of course became the benchmark for cyberpunk and the rest is history.

It stands on its own. And it will continue to do so. I do think having an appreciation and knowledge of Phillip K. ****'s body of work and themes helps it as well. Narratively, the film struggles, it always has, but that doesn't make it a bad movie. Our own lives often have little narrative structure as it is. Its a slice of what could be. I
Ambiguity is preferable to being told what to think. Again, it wasn't made for today's kinetic and hyperactive audiences with little threshold for deep thought and slow builds. NOW NOW NOW ME ME ME. No thanks.

It stands on its own. And it will continue to do so

:clap

Sequel, what sequel? Looks like an action movie with "Blade Runner" in the title. I'm extremely suspicious of it, tho it'd be nice to have my initial prejudices proved wrong. But the trailer really rubbed me up the wrong way... it just looks all wrong to me. Bland, the greatest of all artistic crimes. Whereas I never grow tired of watching Blade Runner (certainly the Director's and Final Cuts). That and Alien are sort of like chapters of the Bible, if you're in the visual arts/creative industry.

:clap

Sequel, what sequel? Looks like an action movie with "Blade Runner" in the title. I'm extremely suspicious of it, tho it'd be nice to have my initial prejudices proved wrong. But the trailer really rubbed me up the wrong way... it just looks all wrong to me.

BR 2 could be T2. That's the feeling I get from the trailers.

Back