Action Figure NECA: Blade Runner 2049 Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lol That remains to be seen.

Good point...those Valerian figures will never see the light of day...ask Crossbones and Yellow Jacket whether being displayed at a convention means anything in relation to ever actually being released.

Blade Runner 2049 flopping isn't going to help your cause to get figures out of this film.

If it does it's because it's too good compared to the rest of the tripe in the cinema at the moment. The long runtime doesn't help either.

Good that it flops. Now they won't franchise it and turn it into a joke.

It would be a shame if the film flopped...franchise or not the film was excellent so is definitely deserving of success.

It would be a shame if the film flopped...franchise or not the film was excellent so is definitely deserving of success.

Yes, definitely, but we live in a time where people get bored if there isn’t an explosion every 10 seconds, so I think we should feel lucky that this masterpiece was even produced in the first place.

I wasn't really being serious there. I don't wish failure on the film at all. But if it had been an instant financial success Hollywood would already be talking about a ****ing trilogy and then splitting the last film up into another trilogy and all that nonsense.

I wasn't really being serious there. I don't wish failure on the film at all. But if it had been an instant financial success Hollywood would already be talking about a ****ing trilogy and then splitting the last film up into another trilogy and all that nonsense.

I totally understand, just expressing frustration at the difficulty of balancing art and commerce these days.

Or any time, really. :lol

Having now seen the movie, I can't say I was really blown away (mostly because I just didn't find the central conceit of the movie to be as interesting as it was clearly meant to be), but it was still a really solid scifi film and I'd love to get a 1/6 figure of Gosling's character at some point. Since he did have a very memorable and iconic look about him.

I've not seen it yet - and as I'd previously mentioned, as a huge fan of Blade Runner I'm going in huuuuugely sceptical of this sequel. But regarding the "flop" comment...

If it flops, and it's a gobsmacking, artistic, visionary example of cinema in the vein of the original; great, because then we'll have two good films (those without long memories/age may not know the original bombed too), but they'll finally leave it alone.

If it's a brainless, visually cookie-cutter action blockbuster travesty of Blade Runner, and it flops; great, because the original remains as briliant as ever, and they'll leave it alone.

;)

This

The artist must be hungry, that's the general rule.

It's a cliche... but it's often borne out by fact. Blade Runner itself shows that; Ridley was hungry when he directed both Alien & Blade Runner, and look what we got. Essentially a driven maniac behind the lens and all up in the production department, and the results were, and remain, astonishing :)

Having now seen 2049 (no plot spoilers coming btw)... it was very good for a modern sci-fi film, but judged, as it has to be, by the standard set by Blade Runner , it's inferior in every respect to the original. It won't be remembered or revered. Could have done with a driven nutter at the wheel once again, to again create something we haven't seen before - but sadly the studios give no opportunity for that sort of thing now. Directors are not respected, or allowed to find the sort of leeway they sometimes did, especially on big studio projects. 2049 is as good as you can hope for under the circumstances, but that's a double-edged sword.

Having now seen 2049 (no plot spoilers coming btw)... it was very good for a modern sci-fi film, but judged, as it has to be, by the standard set by Blade Runner , it's inferior in every respect to the original. It won't be remembered or revered.

I'm getting the opposite impression from the reactions in the movie thread. The word masterpiece has been used

Back