NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bambi-Burster and Queen Facehugger look great. Still not sure how I feel about the Queen chestburster, even with the scale difference the face is all wrong. Either way I'll get anything from Alien 3 just because I never thought I would get action figures from that film.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apparently she's a halfway version of the Queen chestburster - already alive for a while after bursting out but still
a while to meet full maturity.

Also Randy has apparently stated we're getting more than just what's shown here in the Alien 3 creature pack, so the smaller chestburster version of her could still be coming.

Think Randy recently said no to a 1/4 Dog Alien....

z0gabha.gif

I picked up one of the ultimate brown xeno warriors at Target earlier today.
Even though I've already got 3 browns and 4 blues on pre-order at BBTS, I wanted to ascertain the quality of this upgrade version to see if I might want to add more to my order... or cancel it altogether in the event of disappointment with my test sample.

The good:
  • The paint-wash / color-toning is fantastic. Nice, subtle, evenly applied application that brings out the details rather than glopping over them, as was the case with the original brown warrior release.
  • The plastic used on the limbs is +solid! I don't expect the legs will ever warp under the weight of the toy, regardless of pose.
  • The joints on this guy are pretty solid as well. I've currently got him standing without tail-support, which I don't think I was able to accomplish so easily with any of the prior versions.
The bad:
  • The silver paint application on the teeth is uneven. Not too bad, and at least it's not applied so thick as the prior release.
  • Despite a more rigid plastic being used, the right leg is still... slightly warped? This flaw was a bit perplexing, since the way it was posed in package didn't appear to be putting any pressure on either leg. On closer inspection, I noticed that the warped leg appearance is all due to a bent knee joint - the lower half of which angles a bit to the right. I'm under the impression that this might be a deliberate design compromise, due to another (deliberate???) compromise...
  • ...Uneven Leg Syndrome. The ball joint of the left hip is positioned lower, which - with or without a bent right knee joint - makes the xeno lean to the right when both legs are straight. But you already knew that, right?!? :lol

[*]Despite a more rigid plastic being used, the right leg is still... slightly warped? This flaw was a bit perplexing, since the way it was posed in package didn't appear to be putting any pressure on either leg. On closer inspection, I noticed that the warped leg appearance is all due to a bent knee joint - the lower half of which angles a bit to the right. I'm under the impression that this might be a deliberate design compromise, due to another (deliberate???) compromise...
[*]...Uneven Leg Syndrome. The ball joint of the left hip is positioned lower, which - with or without a bent right knee joint - makes the xeno lean to the right when both legs are straight. But you already knew that, right?!? :lol
[/LIST]

Kjy7V5o.gif

Still, I want 6 brown Warriors so I can do this

vlcsnap-2018-11-18-23h45m42s983.jpg
vlcsnap-2018-11-18-23h46m05s149.jpg

Ah yes, crawling - crawling is an acceptable pose for these figures as it will not highlight their inability to stand straight. All of my NECA figures shall henceforth be posed on all fours! :rotfl

In all honesty, the uneven leg lengths don't bother me on this particular figure since I'll be posing mine in more dynamic poses anyhow, but for the eventual Ultimate Big Chap, the ability to pose him in a balanced upright stance sure would be nice. I guess for standing Big Chap poses we can at least use ArtFx and (hopefully) Mafex as stunt doubles.

Yeah, I'm anxiously waiting for the Ultimate NECA Big Chap.
It's good to know that the Aliens warriors are an improvement. The soft plastic and sloppy paint apps were a disservice to the great sculpts.

If Randy and Neca don't make the larger scale bambi or even dog alien a reality it's leaving a lot of money off the table. The A3 designs are now some of the most liked and recognised in the fandom and a lot of Neca fans who even despise 3 would not say no to a larger scale bambi.

If Randy and Neca don't make the larger scale bambi or even dog alien a reality it's leaving a lot of money off the table. The A3 designs are now some of the most liked and recognised in the fandom and a lot of Neca fans who even despise 3 would not say no to a larger scale bambi.

I hated Alien 3, but I bought the hell out if the 7” figures lol

Honestly though I would skip on a 1/4 scale dog or bambi, mainly because of space and cost.

laughing-gifs-foolish-human.gif

Back