NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone seen those life size wall mounts of the predator and alien made by neca? Could not find a thread devoted to them in the statue section.

4A978DFA-0C5D-4C20-A693-E34D197226E9.jpg
AC3BAD51-D9F4-4BE4-8238-EE75279612D1.jpg

Last edited:
Every other day I go on NECA's twitter hoping for new tidbits about Aliens, Terminator and Predator - hardly anything but horror Q&As the past few months though. I've lost count of how many times he has said 'no likeness rights' to yet another person asking about Pamela Voorhees. She must be the P1 Special Forces team of horror.

Friday the 13th, part 1 anyways, was in a legal mess that just got a little less messier a few days ago when the judge ruled in favor of part 1 story/screenwriter Victor Miller against F13th franchise owner Sean Cunningham.

SC is sooo pissed off at that judge lol

Finally came to an end the franchise had been on hold due to this legal battle hence no new movie.

Every other day I go on NECA's twitter hoping for new tidbits about Aliens, Terminator and Predator

Thanks for keeping an eye on that, mate. So I reckon no ETAs regarding the Resurrection line?

Friday the 13th, part 1 anyways, was in a legal mess that just got a little less messier a few days ago when the judge ruled in favor of part 1 story/screenwriter Victor Miller against F13th franchise owner Sean Cunningham.

SC is sooo pissed off at that judge lol

Finally came to an end the franchise had been on hold due to this legal battle hence no new movie.

Victor Miller has not been granted any rights in the name “Friday the 13th" plus they can still use Jason in his mask for future projects.

Statement Regarding ‘Friday the 13th’ Court Ruling

As for Jason Voorhees, his infamous mask wasn’t introduced until Friday the 13th Part III, which means Horror Inc. can use the character without Miller’s consent.

In fact, Bloody Disgusting just obtained a statement regarding the recent Friday the 13th court ruling from franchise producer Horror, Inc.:

“We are disappointed in the court’s ruling and disagree with its conclusion. We are considering our options including an appeal. In the meantime, the court was very clear that its ruling in favor of Mr. Miller is limited to the original screenplay in which Jason’s mother is the killer and that Mr. Miller’s termination notice did not purport to terminate the separate copyright in the iconic supernatural killer who wears a hockey mask. It also does not grant any rights to Mr. Miller that would enable him to use any element of the original screenplay outside of the United States.

“Following the guidelines set down by the Court’s ruling, we intend to aggressively explore many opportunities for new projects featuring settings and characters (including the hockey mask-wearing killer) not included in Mr. Miller’s screenplay, and in fact are currently in development on new projects that are consistent with the ruling which will be announced soon.”

Thanks for keeping an eye on that, mate. So I reckon no ETAs regarding the Resurrection line?

Last I heard Randy said they're done and sometime in 2019.

Victor Miller has not been granted any rights in the name “Friday the 13th" plus they can still use Jason in his mask for future projects.

Statement Regarding ‘Friday the 13th’ Court Ruling

Last I heard Randy said they're done and sometime in 2019.

Yeah true the adult Jason with mask still belongs to SC.

But Jason’s mother and young boy Jason plus all of the campers from part 1 now belong to VM.

I was responding to a-dev’s comment about Pamela Voorhees who now belongs to Miller.

One is the Alien 3 creature pack for sure. We've all but seen it.

As for the second...

View attachment 425388

Agree that the first one has to be the long delayed Alien 3 creature pack, which we still don't know the full contents of.

As for a second one......maybe it is indeed a wall or small diorama set piece to tide us over between figure delays ? Like a light up hallway section or a small nest or cacoon diorama ?

Fingers crossed they'll be thinking about doing the flying Queen from the Kenner line. She'd me amazing.

Well, I won't lie. My first thought was also ''I wonder what that could mean for NECA. Does it make it more difficult or less difficult....''

Wouldn't it make it more difficult since said person of likeness can't say yes or no to their image being used ? Then again, maybe his family will need money for other things and so would be more lenient on getting the money in exchange for the rights.

I bought unmasked Scar Predator and Grid Alien thanks to you posting pics recently, just got them today. Such well done figures compared to the old McFarlane ones.

I'll eventually try to get the generic warrior Alien, the AvP Elder, maybe the Celtic/Grid 2 pack and the pillar. Don't really care about the 'Ancients'.

Guess I'll have to buy the AvP:R 2.0 versions now aswell.

:hi5: I love taking pics of my crap lol

Aliens are fun even AvP ones. :lol

Look i’ll admit that I was tempted to buy the new fugitive Predator once I actually had him in hand at Target it took quite a bit of self control to put him back on the shelf.

I haven’t seen the movie and I don’t like his armor and thin physique BUT his masked and unmasked head looked pretty cool and NECA did a good job putting him together.

Ultimately it came down to shelf space and i’m now limited so I need to be super picky. :gah:

Last edited:
I wouldn't have been collecting these AvP figures - 'the good movies only' I had resolved - but for giving in to temptation when I saw some of them in person on a trip into Dublin city. The purpose of my trip was to shop for new clothes - which bores me so, like a child, I had to have some new toys that day. I went into Forbidden Planet, saw some AvPs, stood over them for about 10 minutes as I battled myself in my head - I knew the consequences if I bought them (there was only 2 of the main Predators - I would have to, at a minimum, track down the third one online) - anyway I gave in.

I will buy the new AvP:R figures when they come out. Predators 2.0 or The Predator? Hmmm. Hmmmmm.

Every other day I go on NECA's twitter hoping for new tidbits about Aliens, Terminator and Predator -

I just keep checking in to see if they'll finally do the Kenner flying Alien Queen. LOVED that as a kid. Can you imagine what Neca could do with the design..

queen01_l.jpg

Back