NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One is the Alien 3 creature pack for sure. We've all but seen it.

As for the second...
If the Queen "chestburster" is planned to be the same size in which it was originally shown, I could see NECA releasing the already-seen A3 creature pack contents as two separate sets - one with the Bambi-Burster, and the other with the Queen "chestburster".
Though, depending on Randy's definition of "accessory pack", I could also see the egg set for ALIEN being the 2nd pack that Randy is referring to.
Of course I'd prefer that the unknown pack be something that hasn't been shown or hinted in any capacity yet. Either way, new ALIENS toys is good ALIENS toys!

From a post on NECA's facebook page, the Ultimate brown & blue Warriors are scheduled to arrive in October. Finally the delays are over for our beloved ALIENS line?

I completely lost interest in this unless they come up with Resurrection and AVPR designs soon. ALL my aliens have soft legs now and they really look ridiculous in the display. It makes me regret I was cursing the McFarlane aliens all the time. I probably shouldn't have sold them.

I'm still getting them but I don't have a great deal of excitement for them. They already gave us this 'Ultimate' body with those BD Alien warriors so there's no new discoveries to be had when we get these in hand. They'll still be the best Warrior Aliens we have, assuming no big QC ****ups, just they won't visually offer anything to our shelves that we didn't already have.

Very sad to hear that the Al Matthews (Apone) has passed away. His performance in aliens was fantastic and very memorable. RIP

The Sarge is gone

I'm still getting them but I don't have a great deal of excitement for them. They already gave us this 'Ultimate' body with those BD Alien warriors so there's no new discoveries to be had when we get these in hand. They'll still be the best Warrior Aliens we have, assuming no big QC ****ups, just they won't visually offer anything to our shelves that we didn't already have.

I'm hoping for better paint apps and sturdier/harder materials to avoid warping.

Very sad to hear that the Al Matthews (Apone) has passed away. His performance in aliens was fantastic and very memorable. RIP

The Sarge is gone

That's very sad. RIP.

Well, I won't lie. My first thought was also ''I wonder what that could mean for NECA. Does it make it more difficult or less difficult....''

CE55D356-3C22-47F7-A645-793243A3F7B7.jpg

975FBD2D-8632-479D-B542-7772592E5472.jpeg

Did you stop buying Hot Toys?

Yes I did for 3 reasons:

1. Cost
2. Cost
3. Cost

Ok fine also because of available space and durability to cost ratio.

First the cost:

HT are great products (to a point more on that later) except they got super greedy.

I can buy great NECA/Hasbro figures and stretch my money further with more products in hand for me.

Next is space:

That’s a real issue for me I share a space with a wife and our son so it’s not all about me and my stuff so I can squeeze way more 1/12 onto a shelf than I can 1/6 or 1/4 and their big art boxes.

Next is durability:

Some of the HT mixed media seems like it might not hold up over time and who needs that at that price point. I started getting turned off on HT when I saw every 1/6 Black Panther standing straight up with arms down to his side because no one wanted to wrinkle the costume. Black Panther the most agile superhero and he’s standing stiff like the Queens guard at Buckingham Palace!

Now i’m running out of room for 1:12 soon i’ll be only collecting only flea circuses whatever that is lol

Yes I did for 3 reasons:

1. Cost
2. Cost
3. Cost

Ok fine also because of available space and durability to cost ratio.

First the cost:

HT are great products (to a point more on that later) except they got super greedy.

I can buy great NECA/Hasbro figures and stretch my money further with more products in hand for me.

Next is space:

That’s a real issue for me I share a space with a wife and our son so it’s not all about me and my stuff so I can squeeze way more 1/12 onto a shelf than I can 1/6 or 1/4 and their big art boxes.

Next is durability:

Some of the HT mixed media seems like it might not hold up over time and who needs that at that price point. I started getting turned off on HT when I saw every 1/6 Black Panther standing straight up with arms down to his side because no one wanted to wrinkle the costume. Black Panther the most agile superhero and he’s standing stiff like the Queens guard at Buckingham Palace!

Now i’m running out of room for 1:12 soon i’ll be only collecting only flea circuses whatever that is lol

I pretty much did the same for exact same reasons you did, except I buy one or two HT a year or so now (cant resist Star Wars villians). Mostly just Hasbro & NECA for me now, and satisfied with that honestly.

Back