NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NECA is done. TRU’s closure just delt a major blow to them. No way does online sales and FYE sales come close to their TRU sales.

Did they really make that much from TRU sales? I would think LCS and online sales are bigger for them in this day and age.

Did they really make that much from TRU sales? I would think LCS and online sales are bigger for them in this day and age.

Just guessing but yeah , they may ship stuff out but it really helps sell on the shelves . People that are not fans may buy one just because they see them in the store I thinking. Plus I would buy extras just because of the free shipping and low toys r us prices. But there behavior as of late is super weird . I still want those avp game figures

I was under the assumption the delays we've been seeing were because of the factory issues China has been having

Anyone out there with the queen actually has one thats blue and black like in the movie and not gray? Looking to pick one up and anywhere not using neca promo photos shows it as being grey instead of blue and often way too much grey over the black to boot, did both releases of this figure have grey over blue paint?

I'd love one with the production paint job as its both accurate to the movie and puppets used on top of looking waaay better, but all Im seeing is grey queens? Not even looking at the China bootlegs.

Original Stan Winston 1:4 movie puppet, color theme quite visible
content_aliens-072.jpg

Why do people think they are going under? Seems ridiculous. I get 99% of my figures online, and I'm sure a lot, if not most others do to. My local TRU never had much in the way of cool NECA or McFarlane figures. Why hunt and peck for stuff when you can just preorder/buy anything online from shops like BBTS?

UPL IMG_7266.JPG

Crap picture and Ripley's hands won't stay on but the flame effect is the point - comes from this

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/49992

I found the set at discount locally. I had no use for the Star Wars figures themselves but I was able to immediately sell those back to the very same shop assistant I was dealing with so as to make the flame accessory a little bit cheaper. Worked out nice. I've wanted this for a long time. I think it was someone here who first drew my attention to it.

Oh man, that IS a glorious flame effect! Too bad it has to come those extraneous trooper accessories. I love idea of burning/exploding eggs as well and hope that one day NECA will produce some their own versions for us.

Oh man, that IS a glorious flame effect! Too bad it has to come those extraneous trooper accessories. I love idea of burning/exploding eggs as well and hope that one day NECA will produce some their own versions for us.

Yep, I'd love those. An alternative flame effect with a curving arc would also be cool.

Fans: Hey, I thought you were dead!

Neca: Yeah, I get that a lot.

Also, great picture and egg chamber set-up, a-dev.

... I think it was someone here who first drew my attention to it.

It was I.
200w_d.gif

For the flamethrower, a blue igniter flame and/or a "restful" flame would be cool. Difficult to do well though. Being able to light these effects would be the best, but then we're talking fibre optics, and more the realm of customs than retail.

aliens-movie-screencaps.com-15224.jpg

The flame piece we get is better than nothing, but too short for me. I know it's a practical thing, weigh and size. It could be done with multiple pieces that fit together, but you would need a stand to hold it up.
This is a good recent example:
Star-Wars-TFA-Trooper-2-Pack-Koto-004.jpg

Another way you could go, would be a large diorama piece, a "flame wash" effect that could sit on top/balance on eggs, to recreate the scene below.

aliens-movie-screencaps.com-16064.jpg

This would be a perfect addition to a super deluxe queen hive diorama set. You could even have extra "egg topper" pieces for individual burning eggs.

Congrats at scoring one for a good price! It's satisfying to see it realised. :D

Fans: Hey, I thought you were dead!

Neca: Yeah, I get that a lot.

Also, great picture and egg chamber set-up, a-dev.

Thanks man.

It was I.
200w_d.gif

Congrats at scoring one for a good price! It's satisfying to see it realised. :D

Ah yes, one of your great posts. Thanks for that. As I said I'd had my eye on it ever since. I was eventually going to buy it on BBTS, expensive though it is when you only want the flame effect, but then I saw it locally much to my surprise - it was still way too expensive but I figured there'd be no way it'd sell at that price in my town and inevitably it'd come down - and so it did. I pounced.

Wow, I just massacred the Knights of Ni with that post

Last edited:
Been a while, got into collecting / displaying a range of different Aliens Merch. The Neca figures will always have the top shelf and be the highlight though!

DSC_0777.JPG

Looks very nice indeed.

Can I ask what exactly are you using to light-up the case?

Thanks! Just a couple of simple LED kits I got a long time ago - actually due an upgrade but they do a good job of lighting up the top shelves, not bright enough for lower ones though.

DSC_0128.JPGDSC_0129.JPGDSC_0134.JPG
Had my EEV damaged Alien 3 Bishop prop 3D scanned and then 3D printed. Here is the 1/10 scale perfect for Neca figures. As well as 1/6 for Hot Toys.

Back