NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No but 2018 is the year of Kenner/Videogames/Comics by the looks of it.

It sure is, i may only buy a handful of figures this year. I guess I'll be saving a lot of money so i may do something crazy like buying the "bone throne" even though it looks awesome i think its over priced.

Any guesses on the alien day figure this year? Apone won't be released until Q4 this year so I'm guessing it will be a kenner Hudson and they'll reuse elements of Apone just like Kenner did with different paint apps.

It sure is, i may only buy a handful of figures this year. I guess I'll be saving a lot of money so i may do something crazy like buying the "bone throne" even though i think its over priced.

Any guesses on the alien day figure this year? Apone won't be released until Q4 this year so I'm guessing it will be a kenner Hudson and they'll reuse elements of Apone just like Kenner did with different paint apps.

As much as some fans hate the Kenner figures I hope they actually do the battle armour figure Atak. They could really go to town on the mech aspect of it and so a pretty sweet modern update.

And here I was surprised that they'd sculpted so much newness for Kenner Apone, a human character with (what I thought) was zero reuse potential among all its newly sculpted parts. Without referencing Google, I'd have assumed that K.Hudson was a repaint of K.Hicks, but nope - Hudson is indeed another bionico-armed Marine. :lol

As for the Alien Day figure, I guess it could be anything, but here's hoping that NECA reverses their trend of the past two years and gives us something movie related since it does indeed look like us movie-mostly collectors will be waiting awhile! If their plans for Series 14, 15, and 16 are unchanged (Resurrection, AvP:R, and more Kenner, respectively) then I'll be saving money until whenever the ALIEN 40th anniv. figures hit (assuming we even get anything new for ALIEN's 40th).

And here I was surprised that they'd sculpted so much newness for Kenner Apone, a human character with (what I thought) was zero reuse potential among all its newly sculpted parts. Without referencing Google, I'd have assumed that K.Hudson was a repaint of K.Hicks, but nope - Hudson is indeed another bionico-armed Marine. :lol

As for the Alien Day figure, I guess it could be anything, but here's hoping that NECA reverses their trend of the past two years and gives us something movie related since it does indeed look like us movie-mostly collectors will be waiting awhile! If their plans for Series 14, 15, and 16 are unchanged (Resurrection, AvP:R, and more Kenner, respectively) then I'll be saving money until whenever the ALIEN 40th anniv. figures hit (assuming we even get anything new for ALIEN's 40th).

So your saying an alien day figure that's movie based? I like the way you think - lol!

Ooooh, I hope Kenner Hudson is in the works... :D

That said, I don't think that's a bionic arm so much as a support-armature for manipulating heavy weaponry. See below:

4f8b9b43539c566c0534c46b3f67bc68.jpg

That said, I don't think that's a bionic arm so much as a support-armature for manipulating heavy weaponry. See below:

4f8b9b43539c566c0534c46b3f67bc68.jpg

Dat dude has the kenner Bishop gun and the pulse rifles are a bit too compact and squat - lol.

For whatever reason I didn't think you'd be into the Kenner stuff.

Personally, I'm not offended by it. I like my nostalgia and I guess they ought to count. I just have a need to be disciplined right now. Otherwise I'd probably go ahead and buy them. They're fantastically executed figures.

Last edited:
It sure is, i may only buy a handful of figures this year. I guess I'll be saving a lot of money so i may do something crazy like buying the "bone throne" even though it looks awesome i think its over priced.

Sounds like a good bet. I forgot that Kenner Hudson had the same arm thing as Apone.

I remember my surprise at seeing Hudson in the shops - the pre-internet days.

As much as some fans hate the Kenner figures I hope they actually do the battle armour figure Atak. They could really go to town on the mech aspect of it and so a pretty sweet modern update.

Although I bought him, even at the time I hated that figure. I merely bought him for the sake of buying something. I wanted characters from the film only - I was willing to settle for the made-up stuff they were doing but really I would have far preferred figures based on the actual movie appearances. Thank you NECA so many years later.

I loved Atax, my primary exposure to the Aliens franchise was through the toys, I didn't see the movies until I was way older (they were rated R after all and in those days it wasn't so easy for me to get my hands on a rated R movie - I did rent the novelization from the library).

That said, I don't think that's a bionic arm so much as a support-armature for manipulating heavy weaponry...

Well, it's all just Kenner silliness as far as I'm concerned :D But yeah, your description is definitely the more accurate way of putting it. Even though the Kenner figs aren't for me, I'm glad that NECA has plenty of sources to pull from to keep the line continuing. NECA's absolutely gonna mine Kenner's entire ALIENS lineup to recreate modern counterparts, so even if Hudson isn't in their immediate plans he'll definitely happen someday.

I am hoping that NECA's willingness to make a diorama back drop for TMNT , will leave the door open for a Hadleys Hope Interior. Even if they just sold a one section pack ( pillar to pillar ) would be good enough, ideally two version's for the different wall sections.

I realize while I am at it I should be hunting for a YETI, Leprechaun , and NESSI .

Back