NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Explanation for the delays: China Shuts Down Tens Of Thousands Of Factories In Unprecedented Pollution Crackdown
The above NPR article is from late October last year, and while the article specifies a region in China that was first affected two months prior, it sounds like the crackdowns were still occurring at the time that article was was published.

That timing coincides exactly with when production would have begun on those NECA items that we're still waiting for, so mystery solved I think.

Explanation for the delays: China Shuts Down Tens Of Thousands Of Factories In Unprecedented Pollution Crackdown
The above NPR article is from late October last year, and while the article specifies a region in China that was first affected two months prior, it sounds like the crackdowns were still occurring at the time that article was was published.

That timing coincides exactly with when production would have begun on those NECA items that we're still waiting for, so mystery solved I think.
A crackdown? It’s about time to crush factories polluting our shelves with lame painjobs and mutilating necas superb sculpts 🙄

Not sure if anyone has Instagram, but lately NECA has been posting some pretty cool fan photos of their Alien figs

3104752969b056f321a1bf6a24aac3c7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't realise Toyfair was so close. Only a few days away. Seems a bit early for Drake. He must be talking about Kenner stuff if anything....

Oh man, I bet you’re right. Was getting my hopes up for Drake (or even Dietrich) but it’s probably a Kenner marine. Too bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was there ever any update on what the Club Exclusive was, or when we're going to get it? I've been out of the loop for a bit.

Yeah I'd have been pissed if I'd been buying candy coloured Alien repaints I never wanted only for the exclusive to be....another candy coloured alien repaint I don't want :lol

But since I didn't sign up for the club I'm glad it wasn't something movie-related that I really want.

Was there ever any update on what the Club Exclusive was, or when we're going to get it? I've been out of the loop for a bit.

Yes, its the alien from the Burke 2 pack painted purple with some other highlights mixed in. I WAS a member of the neca club but after buying all required figures hoping the exclusive was going to be something i wanted I've decided the club is not for me going forward.

I didn't realise Toyfair was so close. Only a few days away. Seems a bit early for Drake. He must be talking about Kenner stuff if anything....

I hope it's not just Kenner stuff as I think it would not go over as well as they'd hope. They gotta be showing off at least some new movie related figures or accessories and maybe tease the Resurrection or Alien 3 creature pack stuff. They could also be highlighting the Dutch and rest of the figures from the arcade line.

I think there's a decent chance it'll be Drake.
If it's a Kenner marine I honestly wouldn't mind if it's Hicks.

Doesn't even have to be a new marine to interest me. I still very much want an Ops battle Hicks, Hudson with a neutral face and no bandage, Ops battle Ripley (though I'm sure she doesn't count as a marine)...

I'm hoping its not Drake in this case since we know from Randy himself - late in 2018 was his best guess last fall when Drake would get released if that - maybe early 2019. I'm guessing neca will show Drake at SDCC instead of TF. My hopes is of course a previouly unreleased Marine or an ops battle Hicks would work. I would also buy Hicks or Hudson if they were The Kenner versions.

I'd be surprised to see any Kenner marines as a regular 'wave' release. Keep in mind each of the last 2 "Alien Day" figures have been Kenner Marines. I see no reason to expect anything less this year. I'm thinking they do a repaint of Hicks with some minor accessories added this round.

As for Drake, it wouldn't suprise me if his prototype was shown. With the delays and backlog they seem to have, a figured shown now wouldn't ship until late 2018. Seems right in line, maybe? Here's hoping!

Back