NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got Cameron from China. I think a lot of collectors have an irrational prejudice against Chinese vendors. Well this is what I've got.
IMG_5522.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_5521.jpg
    IMG_5521.jpg
    260.3 KB · Views: 331
Just got Cameron from China. I think a lot of collectors have an irrational prejudice against Chinese vendors. Well this is what I've got.
View attachment 387543

I got 2 of the Cameron's from a Chinese vendor and they look great, if they are bootlegs i can't tell. I normally wouldn't buy from China based on my past experiences but the feedback was great as well as the shipping. I've been checking TRU online with no luck on him so i wasn't going to miss out. TRU was supposed to have him by mid November so who knows whats going on there. Good figure even if it is a re-hashed Frost with a Cameron head and a few new accessories.

I'm curious why. :lol

China/Neca

I took a chance on my cameron figure because he's practically inpossible to find in t he states. I compared him to other marines and it looks to be similar if not exactly the same quality as the ones i know for a fact are neca. What i got may be bootlegs but if they are then they aren't obvious like the preds in your pics. Plus i planned on using 1 for a custom if it was a bootleg and pick 1 up from tru if they ever get him.

Basically i was desperate and rolled the dice - lol. I do like what i got though.

Funny the Aliens Minimates have been brought up, they are great and is what I've been alot more interested / invested in recently. I can't really explain what it is but the novelty of these just doesn't ware off for me as much as the Neca figures do.

The 7" action figures are a treat to look at but once posed their left alone. This is what I'm used to doing, I don't "play" with toys so it's weird that every time I take a look at the minimates I cannot resist the urge to pick one up, have a mess around with the articulation and take a closer look.

Idk just something about being able to pick up a detailed articulated 2" stylised Marine toy from your favourite movie and be able to hold it between your thumb and index finger, gets that nostalgic feeling going every time.

a-dev you have to get one one day, you won't be disappointed!

DSC_0498.jpg

Ha! If only they did Lego aliens sets... :pray: nah but in all seriousness the minimate figs themselves are much better than the Lego ones.

If I was creative enough to build Lego dioramas for these I would. The possibilities are endless.

Ha! If only they did Lego aliens sets... :pray: nah but in all seriousness the minimate figs themselves are much better than the Lego ones.

If I was creative enough to build Lego dioramas for these I would. The possibilities are endless.

I will second that these minimates are really fun. I don't collect lego or minimates but these are from Aliens so I had to try them ... and just like Vlagas said they are really fun in had. It helps also that the line has awesome depth ... we even have Wierzbowski and Crowe! I'm tempted now to pick up / track down the Rescue team from Predator to go with them.

I just packed away my NECA Alien stuff for now - just wanted a change of display space for now. But as I did so, I really had to admire just how good the A1 Ripley is. They really knocked that out of the park in both terms of paint and sculpt. Her, the original run of Dutch figures, and Ash vs. the Evil Dead are really close to unparalleled for NECA in paint quality.

I got 2 of the Cameron's from a Chinese vendor and they look great, if they are bootlegs i can't tell. I normally wouldn't buy from China based on my past experiences but the feedback was great as well as the shipping. I've been checking TRU online with no luck on him so i wasn't going to miss out. TRU was supposed to have him by mid November so who knows whats going on there. Good figure even if it is a re-hashed Frost with a Cameron head and a few new accessories.
Which seller were you buying from?

Ah, but the Mega Bloks figures are far better than the Minimates...

megabloks-f2852a8e571b4eb907861fcc01c332e5-1499271543-fnd67-20481.jpg

I'm alittle bummed that it's not January, but I can save some money for all this . I want most of the figures coming out. Loved the avp comics when I was younger . I think the only pass is the bloody weird predator

A small reveal in the form of an updated profile pic from NECA's twitter.
Scorpion Alien, part of series 13.
iuGsMRiw_400x400.jpg

With the extreme production delays we're seeing with the latest Alien and Predator releases, I'd be surprised if we get more than 2 new (as in not yet shown) series this year. Ultimate brown and blue xenos + AvP arcade xenos still aren't even up on NECA's shipping calendar, so yeah, we got some long waits ahead - especially those of us who don't give a damn about Arcade, Kenner, AvP, or Resurrection waves.

See you guys in 2019!

But to buy all that stuff at once that is due is going to be an empty wallet. The only figure is an easy pass is that bloody weird looking predator . I like everything that’s due.

Back