NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah pretty lame year end exclusive.. Glad I didnt join the club now.

I do like the non-movie stuff, but we’ve got enough straight up color variants at this point. If it was some badass new sculpted Kenner or any movie character, I would be kicking myself for not joining.

Just remembered the other day that I never got the Gorilla Alien, and a quick look on amazon & ebay tells me that these Kenner figures are indeed quite popular. Cant find a gorilla for under $50 ($68 on amazon!)

Yeah, as much as movie fans may despise the Kenner variants I am not surprised they are still getting a loyal and sizeable following with those who grew up with them as toys but also as those who see the xenos use various hosts and become different in the comics as well. Plus, they do tend to break up the constant sameness of the usual warriors from the first three or four films.

I could easily see NECA keep going back to the comics too for figures. There are quite numerous memorable characters in past and recent comics to make awesome figures. Heck, I would love figures of the main protagonists from the recent Dead Orbit and Defiance arcs.

I've cooled down a lot after being a bit ticked off at another simple & easy repaint/money grab from neca after buying into the club mainly just for a chance at a great eoy exclusive - which would have kept me in the club for 2018. I personally don't care for the kenner stuff with the exception of marine versions so for neca to just mail it in imo was just weak. Still don't understand why neca didn't break up the constant kenner figures for the exclusives trend and offer us a hicks with racal headset for the ops battle look or a acid burned version. I doubt we will ever see either of those versions released in mass so that would have a much better eoy exclusive figure to me. It would require some re tooling and effort which i would appreciate and would be enough for me to pay the price for the figures and the high shipping for the club. Don't forget neca's profits are much better with these direct sell figures as opposed to a retail figure so they should have taken this more seriously for the benefit of the club going forward. This makes the Cameron exclusive look much better now. Happy for the kenner fans but since the kenner vs movie based fans seems to be somewhat split they are alienating a big part of their fan base by going kenner style for alien day exclusive, sdcc 2017 exclusive now this.

I'm off my soap box now and hoping 2018 is a good year for alien figures.

Yeah, as much as movie fans may despise the Kenner variants I am not surprised they are still getting a loyal and sizeable following with those who grew up with them as toys but also as those who see the xenos use various hosts and become different in the comics as well. Plus, they do tend to break up the constant sameness of the usual warriors from the first three or four films.

I could easily see NECA keep going back to the comics too for figures. There are quite numerous memorable characters in past and recent comics to make awesome figures. Heck, I would love figures of the main protagonists from the recent Dead Orbit and Defiance arcs.

I know this is going off topic, but holy crap was dead orbit awesome or what?? James Stokoe is the effin man, his comics are such a treat to read!

I know this is going off topic, but holy crap was dead orbit awesome or what?? James Stokoe is the effin man, his comics are such a treat to read!

I enjoyed both series immensely, though I am a bit disappointed we did not learn more than we did about the main mystery that was shown to use in the first issues of Dead Orbit. I am hoping we get a follow up to expand on it a least but besides that I agree the new comics coming out recently are really much better than they have a right to be. And prove the story can indeed go on without Ripley.

Funnily enough though, since they are dipping their toes into the video game side of things with the AVP arcade figures, it would be nice if they did some figures from the console games that came on the PS3 era. The combat droids namely. Their heavily armoured appearance with the creepy skull face would make pretty cool figures.

Funnily enough though, since they are dipping their toes into the video game side of things with the AVP arcade figures, it would be nice if they did some figures from the console games that came on the PS3 era. The combat droids namely. Their heavily armoured appearance with the creepy skull face would make pretty cool figures.

That would be really cool actually, definitely rather have that over yet another repainted warrior!

I'm a bit new to NECA Aliens, but I decided to grab the 1/4 scale Big Chap after seeing how nice the Queen that I gave my daughter was. I wasn't 100% happy with the frosty dome, so I took a chance and tried darkening and shining it up. I cracked off the dome first. Started with 2 light coats of thinned Future as a base, then light passes of Tamiya clear smoke rattle can (adding more tint to the back "wang tip" as my wife called it :lol), and then 1 more light coat of Future. I have zero airbrush experience, so the Future was just hand applied with a foam brush. I also added some dry-brushed slimy clear smoke highlights to the skull, lips, and inner mouth.

Here are 2 indoor shots, followed by a few outdoor shots.
JzH24H.jpg

HPf7Ni.jpg

40ZeIl.jpg

wydtAM.jpg

I kept the dome unglued for the full reveal!
XdmXgi.jpg

Last edited:
I enjoyed both series immensely, though I am a bit disappointed we did not learn more than we did about the main mystery that was shown to use in the first issues of Dead Orbit. I am hoping we get a follow up to expand on it a least but besides that I agree the new comics coming out recently are really much better than they have a right to be. And prove the story can indeed go on without Ripley.
Indeed. All credit to James Stokoe for not centring Dead Orbit around the same kind of regurgitated pseudo-Ripley lead that weighed down Defiance, Isolation and the recent prequel films. However, I'm not particularly impressed with the story, which leans far too heavily on the "aliens appear, everyone dies" dynamic that must be the second-most common Aliens cliche after "stronk womyn protagonist with traumatic past." Viewed objectively, the xenomorphs themselves (in the original films) are ultimately more of an annoyance than anything, or would be absent human malfeasance, the real ultimate "antagonist" of the setting ("we have seen the enemy and he is us" etc, etc).

Not really. The skull-faces are kind of nifty, but everything else about them is pretty forgettable, design-wise. I'd much rather have the Weyland-Yutani PMCs from Colonial Marines (which have the added attraction, from a manufacturing POV, of having about four or five different variations all built on the same base frame and sharing a large number of individual parts).

They need to finish of the Nostromo crew before they do anything else.

2019....40th anniversary of the original movie that's when we'll probably see maybe a regular Nostromo Lambert or Dallas, maybe a Brett/Parker (should do a 2 pack). I think Ash will forever be a pipe dream.....NECA will probably do a 1/4 Jonesy before anything else though....I am so glad I only buy the ones I actually 'want' from Neca. Which isn't much as they tend to make more stuff I don't want than what I do....so most of their offerings I can safely pass on.

Nicely done Phoenix0A.
I especially like the 2nd indoor pic.

Thanks! I'm glad I didn't ruin the dome trying to pry it off.

How do you guys get this behemoth to stand in any somewhat dynamic pose? My particular specimen has somewhat loose knee joints, so I had to drill a crotch mounting pole (which took balls, literally).

But look Ma, no tail needed as a third leg...

pf1msz.jpg

HWIWPc.jpg

1FL9F5.jpg

LYtUVu.jpg

zVbByU.jpg

Last edited:
Like an idiot, I rubbed off the Future/smoke off the dome in one spot while trying to buff it to a shine. I guess nothing really likes to stick to PP or PE plastic. I had to strip it all off and start over, but I think it was a blessing in disguise because honestly I overdid the smoke the first time. The pics above show the less smoky re-do.

I really dig this guy, I just bought the close-mouth/lip version to put in another pose.

NECA is seconded only to these Minimates, in terms of depth and breadth of line. They've covered so many characters that will likely never be made by anyone else. It's what attracted me to them. I.. *ahem*, have them all. :eek:

NECA is seconded only to these Minimates, in terms of depth and breadth of line. They've covered so many characters that will likely never be made by anyone else. It's what attracted me to them. I.. *ahem*, have them all. :eek:

Yeah some people hate these 'cutesy' damn things. I gotta say, they alone give us every character in most variants. A bit of a guilty pleasure/shamefull obsession, but I have all the '86 aliens line and am actively hunting the entire original predator line. Where else can you get a Poncho or a "Service C" (Ripley apartment visit) Gorman?! Nowhere. That's where.

Where are those arcade AvP aliens? I'm really excited for those.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

Back