NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We'll probably get 1 new human and 6 repaint or rejigged figures.

Don't jinx it :rotfl Though you know its true. No way all of those seven slots are gonna be newly tooled figures. Drake and bomber jacket Ripley maybe yeah are a shoe in, but other marines and new xeno sculpts ? My hopes are not high enough given the company we are dealing with and their love of retooling the heck out of figures when ever possible.

I want to be proven wrong, but who knows ?

Add Burke in there and I'm all for that assortment! I'd even sacrifice Ops Hicks if that meant we could get a Burke. I' mean we almost have him sans the headset molded on him in the 2 pack w/Hudson. But Ops Vaz is a must! New warrior probably too.

Unfortunately probably at least 3 repaints I think!

If they bring out Drake, Gorman anad Burke in this assortment I will be back in.

It's all in the number 7

Untitled.jpg

Coincidence? I think not...

Hope we're getting the Aliens version of the above.

View attachment 347861

Congrats on your incoming Queens!

Definitely a triumph. I reckon if I had to give up everything but one, it'd be the Queen I kept.

Only thing could top it would be a "nesting" Queen/egg sack set.

They keep hinting that they want to top the Queen. I think doing a egg sack playset for her would be the only way to do it.

It's all in the number 7

View attachment 348022

Coincidence? I think not...

Hope we're getting the Aliens version of the above.

So all repacks save one :slap

There's only so much they even could repack. They just came out with a Hicks and Hudson 2 pack that covers both their previously released figures. The Ripley and Newt 2 pack is also pretty recent as is Frost and Vasquez. Bishop maybe? Although didn't he pegwarm like a mofo?

There's only so much they even could repack. They just came out with a Hicks and Hudson 2 pack that covers both their previously released figures. The Ripley and Newt 2 pack is also pretty recent as is Frost and Vasquez. Bishop maybe? Although didn't he pegwarm like a mofo?

I was thinking the same thing. Hopefully they are not repacks. I'd love to see series 3 Bishop revisited, the QC on that figure was terrible, but he was a huge pegwarmer so I doubt it.

There's, um, a 30th anniversary sticker on the box now? But that doesn't really count as different though, does it?
I think I remember Randy saying there were structural improvements or something like that for the re-released Queen. Though in all the time since the Queen was originally released, have we heard of any wide-spread quality issues with it? Mine still stands perfectly well. Maybe Randy meant the support stand that has broken for some is now more durable?

Regarding all the upcoming ALIENS figures, even if I keep my expectations super low, I think we're guaranteed to at least get 3 new figures in the mix. I'll speculate the following:
Wave 12 will contain figures 1 through 4 and will be:
1) Ripley (Bomber Jacket w/ swap-out jumpsuit arms ) - so really, for most of us, that will be like getting 2 new figures
2) new marine (most likely Drake? but I'd prefer one of the lesser knowns, since there will always be high demand for Drake and Apone)
3) Battle Damaged xeno v.1 (blue version of the body blasted xeno originally released with with Hudson)
4) Battle Damaged xeno v.2 (brown version of the blasted head xeno originally released with with Hicks)
The two pack that's been more or less confirmed will contain:
5) Ops Battle Vasquez
6) Battle Damaged xeno v.3 (black, maybe with different battle damage details)
And I'm probably totally off with this one, but:
7) The Hadley's Hope sign with... either something totally awesome (cocooned colonist?), or a minor upgraded figure like black xeno or Ops Battle Hicks.

In any event, I'm excited to see what NECA actually reveals!

3) Battle Damaged xeno v.1 (blue version of the body blasted xeno originally released with with Hudson)
4) Battle Damaged xeno v.2 (brown version of the blasted head xeno originally released with with Hicks)
6) Battle Damaged xeno v.3 (black, maybe with different battle damage details)

I really hope they don't re-release those 2-pack BD Aliens. I like the concept, but I really don't need more of the same. I might pick up another new BD variant if I liked it.

If we do get a Drake, with an alternate burnt face, an exploding Alien would be the perfect compliment. Properly sheered in half, arm flying off etc. Acid spray effect, like the spherical spray below. (Think Tamashii effect piece style).

35Q8cWO.gif

Dare I say it, they could even reuse and repaint it as a Kenner Scorpion Alien homage. :/ Although I'd prefer a "working" version like the original.

5) Ops Battle Vasquez

I think this is a must.

7) The Hadley's Hope sign with... either something totally awesome (cocooned colonist?), or a minor upgraded figure like black xeno or Ops Battle Hicks.

Really want a cocooned colonist! It's an iconic part of Aliens. Wonder what they could do with swap out chest pieces, for the bursting scene.

I could see the Hadley's Hope sign being part of a second accessory pack, "diorama pack" even. With a cocooned colonist as the central item, like what they did with the Predator pack.

Yes, I have to admit, I'm trying to temper my expectations, but I am getting excited!

I think the BD heads should be included with the "ultimate" xenos, with some blood splash effect you can attach somehow on their rib-cage. We got enough eggs already.

Poor Drake. He was so close. I've often wondered over the years how events might have played differently had he survived that battle. Probably not much differently I suppose considering their weapons and ammunition situation was severely ****ed after the dropship crash.

Regarding all the upcoming ALIENS
7) The Hadley's Hope sign with... either something totally awesome (cocooned colonist?)

This idea is giving me a MASSIVE hard on. NECAs take on a cocooned colonist is one of the things I am willing to buy right away. Mcfarlayne version is still ok, I just want some of that NECA sculpting magic.

My new ALIEN ISOLATION 3 pack
Deal 70 $
I had already one Isolation Xeno
Check the differences :)

P1060357.jpg
P1060362.jpg
P1060373.jpg
P1060375.jpg
P1060382.jpg
P1060397.jpg
P1060420.jpg
P1060466.jpg
P1060441.jpg

Poor Drake. He was so close. I've often wondered over the years how events might have played differently had he survived that battle. Probably not much differently I suppose considering their weapons and ammunition situation was severely ****ed after the dropship crash.
I'd guess Drake fills Gorman's place during the Ops battle, leaving Gorman to keep a closer eye on Burke and prevent him from running off and locking the rear exit behind him, allowing the survivors to quickly retreat to the Dropship without losing Gorman, Vaz or Newt (Hudson might still go down, though).

Back