NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do a lot of you guys still use detolfs for NECA 7-10 inch figures? I'd been meaning to ask that.

I've got 4. They do look smart as a wall of units. And as Staps1138 said, they are good for the price. Although in hindsight I do sometimes wish I had longer shelves to display groups of figures, without the breaks between them, between each unit.

It's worth investing in some kind of tiered risers/steps in order to best display many figures. You can just about fit a Queen in shelf, but you'd never do a Powerloader dueling scene, unless you had them tightly grapling, or piled like the airlock.

Also worth mentioning I guess, because I haven't seen this mentioned much online, is that the glass in Detolfs has changed in recent years. It's thinner, "for economy of weight and materials" but also slightly darker, not badly so, but just noticeable against an original one, as one of mine is.

I'd take a picture, but I'm still trying to get it all set up to my liking, it's unrefined currently.

When does Lambert start shipping?

Dunno, but my Alien Day Vasquez arrived yesterday. So hopefully not too much longer now.

When does Lambert start shipping?

Wave 11 isn't up on NECA's calendar yet, whereas the Prometheus wave (shipping later this week) and the Covenant wave (shipping early July) are already posted. That'll be two ALIEN related waves hitting shelves pretty close to one another. I'd expect Lambert's wave to ship at least a couple weeks after Covenant to avoid xeno overload at retail, but, well, who knows. For future reference, you can check NECA's shipping calendar here: https://necaonline.com/events/

Also worth mentioning I guess, because I haven't seen this mentioned much online, is that the glass in Detolfs has changed in recent years. It's thinner, "for economy of weight and materials" but also slightly darker, not badly so, but just noticeable against an original one, as one of mine is.

That's interesting. They are 5 mm thick on the walls and 4 mm on the shelves on mine. What are the sizes on the newer ones?

I've got 4. They do look smart as a wall of units. And as Staps1138 said, they are good for the price. Although in hindsight I do sometimes wish I had longer shelves to display groups of figures, without the breaks between them, between each unit.

It's worth investing in some kind of tiered risers/steps in order to best display many figures. You can just about fit a Queen in shelf, but you'd never do a Powerloader dueling scene, unless you had them tightly grapling, or piled like the airlock.

I'd take a picture, but I'm still trying to get it all set up to my liking, it's unrefined currently.

Thanks! I do have two detolfs for my HT figures. I used to have some NECA figures but I gave them away. I pre-ordered the Covenant NECA line though so I may get back into them. Where did you get the stairs? I have seen those in pictures.

That's interesting. They are 5 mm thick on the walls and 4 mm on the shelves on mine. What are the sizes on the newer ones?

Sounds like you have newer ones. My older one measures about 6mm on the walls and 5mm on the shelves.

Thanks! I do have two detolfs for my HT figures. I used to have some NECA figures but I gave them away. I pre-ordered the Covenant NECA line though so I may get back into them. Where did you get the stairs? I have seen those in pictures.

They're easy to find online, eBay, Amazon, many kinds, usually made of acrylic. I actually use clear plastic rice and yogurt pots myself, cheap way of doing it, and recycling too.

Why do you suppose Neca isn't releasing Hallaway with the Prometheus Lost Wave? They gave us Vickers with the flame thrower, we could recreate the scene of her setting him a blaze.

I bought them in 2008.

Dunno then.

Why do you suppose Neca isn't releasing Hallaway with the Prometheus Lost Wave? They gave us Vickers with the flame thrower, we could recreate the scene of her setting him a blaze.

Probably figure he's the least interesting/toyetic. We are lucky we got what we did! Although, he would be a perfect accompaniment to Vickers for that scene, I agree.

Twitter Round Up:

NECATwitterS12SDCC_1.jpg

Regarding Series 12 at SDCC:
NECATwitterS12SDCC_2.jpg

NECATwitterAliens30.jpg

Exciting! :D

Dunno then.

Probably figure he's the least interesting/toyetic. We are lucky we got what we did! Although, he would be a perfect accompaniment to Vickers for that scene, I agree.

Twitter Round Up:

View attachment 347722

Regarding Series 12 at SDCC:
View attachment 347723

View attachment 347724

Exciting! :D

Very exciting, i just hope there's at least some new stuff mixed in and not just re-hashes. I think Neca's got some stuff up their sleeves we didn't see coming. At least thats my hope:).

NECAwaitingforFHF.jpg

Congrats on your incoming Queens!

Definitely a triumph. I reckon if I had to give up everything but one, it'd be the Queen I kept.

Only thing could top it would be a "nesting" Queen/egg sack set.

'Look who's coming back in the Ultimate format with added articulation, accessories & more. Full details next week. #facehuggerfriday'

DCdRlDCUQAE6khO.jpg

DCdRlQlUIAEVQfF.jpg

Back