NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hard to tell for sure in this pic, but it looks like the flesh toned plastic has improved the appearance of Hicks and Hudson in the two pack.

Hicks_Hudson.jpg

I should get my set on Tuesday so I'll post about how they look for sure!

Cool, thanks Staps. I PO'd them at a discount from Calendars.com but they keep pushing back the shipping date. I am tempted to cancel the PO and order them elsewhere. I need them for my new, improved Aliens display.

Hinting? You can pretty much guarantee that those exact Aliens will be painted brown and released as Resurrection Aliens with next to no retooling whatsoever.

... it's because THOSE ARE the Resurrection Aliens, and the new tooling I'd right there to see unless you're blind. SMH

Sent from my ALE-L23 using Tapatalk

The "new tooling" is just an added leg piece to the AVP Alien to give it a digitigrade stance. I'm not even a fan of the Resurrection Alien design, and I know that there are more differences between the Res Aliens and the AVP Aliens than just colour and legs.

Cool, thanks Staps. I PO'd them at a discount from Calendars.com but they keep pushing back the shipping date. I am tempted to cancel the PO and order them elsewhere. I need them for my new, improved Aliens display.

I also have 2 sets on pre-order from Calendars.com so I'm hoping I get them at the incredible discounted price of 2 sets for less than $65 shipped but just in case I'm going to make sure I get mine - lol! Looking forward to this set even though I have several sets of the previous releases already. The way I see it, the more the better!

The only thing of the AR Alien I see there is the torso part, and maybe the pelvis.

No big hands, no stompy feet, no chin, but knowing NECA I believe they will totally re-release that as the AR Alien.

Hopefully I'm wrong and they release it as it should be.

A tweet:

@NECA_TOYS I thought it was ressurection, I am seeing people saying it's AVP but there are obvious differences like the legs.

RANDY: It is 100% resurrection and matches the film accordingly

Really guys? I'm not a fan of ressurection either but I though there were actually some differences in sculpt appearance than just an added joint in the leg?

Is this just neca pulling a fast once again? Or is it really "100%" ressurection?

The hands are different as well I guess.

This is definitely neca's resurrection figure, loads of tweets of Randy confirming.

Neca: "That is correct, which is a brand-new sculpt not offered before"

I figured that's what would happen. Randy doesn't really care about Resurrection to begin with. Combine that with NECA's record of re-using "close enough" parts on past figures, and "close enough" Res Aliens were guaranteed to happen.

On the plus side, if the Xeno packaged with Superman is a Resurrection Xeno, I won't need to double dip and buy the single carded release later. I'll be excited to get the Newborn though.

There are some differences between the New warrior from Alien resurrection and the warrior from AvP. And these differences don't concern only the legs. The chest is a bit different and there are other few differences in the head.

So here's a thing..
https://thenecastore.com/collections/neca-club-x-alien
AC_Logo_1197px_450px_Background_1024x1024.jpg

Join NECA Club x Alien​
What is NECA CLUB x ALIEN?

NECA Club x Alien is an exclusive club aimed at the hardcore, completionist Alien action figure collector. Membership provides advance access to all of NECA’s Alien action figure releases, including convention and retail exclusives, with special bonuses:

surprise Club-only bonus items shipped with select releases;
an end-of-year Club-exclusive figure for qualifying members;
and more...
------------

And for us UK fans:
neca-ac2.jpg

Yeah, no thanks. Either the end of year exclusive is going to be some stupid variant or something 'genuinely' rare that everyone not eligible will be pissed about. Add in shoddy QC, and no thanks. You could drop a lot of money on this line, that's for sure.

Back