NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...NECA is a business. What helps is people buying their stuff. A lot of people would put likes on stuff they want but that doesn't mean is viable for them to do it. If the line keeps selling strong, then that makes it more likely to get stuff we want on the long run

Of course it's a business but in business there are also market studies for instance to let them know what people wants. As I told you before, supporting the company buying lots of figures doesn't assure that we will get a figure...look with hot toys and ripley's figure and compare with Ironman figures...They are not giving us chances to buy Ripley (mostly 2 years waiting)!

if it only would depend in what they sell, no matter the figure, I don't know what we are discusing here. We will get the alien dog 1/4 for sure;).

I am supporting Neca buying the queen, the powerloader, ripley, the big chap 1/4, the warrior 1/4, the marines: windrix, hudson,hicks, vasquez. Newt, the warrior and the big chap 7"...i think I am supporting them enought...now, I want also the dog 1/4.

Personally I am not interested in the 7" alien dog but I am very interested in the 1/4 alien dog. Remind also that the warrior 1/4 was announced before the big chap 1/4 was available too.

Thanks Yahzee for your opinion:rotfl

Of course it's a business but in business there are also market studies for instance to let them know what people wants. As I told you before, supporting the company buying lots of figures doesn't assure that we will get a figure...look with hot toys and ripley's figure and compare with Ironman figures...They are not giving us chances to buy Ripley (mostly 2 years waiting)!

if it only would depend in what they sell, no matter the figure, I don't know what we are discusing here. We will get the alien dog 1/4 for sure;).

I am supporting Neca buying the queen, the powerloader, ripley, the big chap 1/4, the warrior 1/4, the marines: windrix, hudson,hicks, vasquez. Newt, the warrior and the big chap 7"...i think I am supporting them enought...now, I want also the dog 1/4.

Personally I am not interested in the 7" alien dog but I am very interested in the 1/4 alien dog. Remind also that the warrior 1/4 was announced before the big chap 1/4 was available too.

Thanks Yahzee for your opinion:rotfl
I swear they better give it to us. I don't care about Kenner ripley. I want the warrior , but...this one would be the grail of my collection. I think Randy is just pulling our leg.

Sorry guys, all this is a bit silly.

The answer to "will they?" when questioning an alien creature figure is YES (eventually).

They say retailers want more creatures. They only have so many ways to package a creature. They will get to every variant in every scale...eventually.

Randy speak translator:
"Not currently" = got some other stuff to do first, probably later though. After all, we'll run out of **** soon and need to do something.

"Not planned" = not official on the to-do list but eventually because we'll run out of **** to do.

Bonus lingo:
"Not in the license" = we have to pay extra, so not unless it's a special occasion or we run out of cheaper **** to do.

"No" = maybe someday, not this year. But in 3 years maybe we'll be out of **** to do.

"Never" = That won't make any money. But...in 5 years if we decide it can make money ... and we are out if other **** to do...

I think Newt elevated T2 John Connor from ''Never'' right up to ''Not in the license'' status :yess: (and this year is a special occasion)

The answer to "will they?" when questioning an alien creature figure is YES (eventually).

They say retailers want more creatures. They only have so many ways to package a creature. They will get to every variant in every scale...eventually.

Randy speak translator:
"Not currently" = got some other stuff to do first, probably later though. After all, we'll run out of **** soon and need to do something.

"Not planned" = not official on the to-do list but eventually because we'll run out of **** to do.

Bonus lingo:
"Not in the license" = we have to pay extra, so not unless it's a special occasion or we run out of cheaper **** to do.

"No" = maybe someday, not this year. But in 3 years maybe we'll be out of **** to do.

"Never" = That won't make any money. But...in 5 years if we decide it can make money ... and we are out if other **** to do...

Lol - I think you got Randy and his lingo down to a T. That was good!

Randy speak translator:

Bonus lingo:

:goodpost: I think this may be the truest thing i've ever seen on this site :clap

I have trouble believing Randy after the whole "we're never doing an all black, movie accurate 7" '89 Batman" while the Video game figure was out. He said it was impossible and would never happen . . . as the damn thing was most likely being put into production and came out a mere months later. :lol

We'll see Drake someday soon I bet. I don't see Mark Rolston being against a figure or lending out his likeness.

"The 1/4 alien has been on my mind for so long , I can't think of anything else "

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1462327190349.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1462327190349.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 128
Got my cinamachines in this morning. Echoing a few others' thoughts, that stand on the derelict is useless and attempting to make use of it will result in catastrophe. Considering the size, the level of detail is somewhat dissapointing. Considering the 'die cast' claim, the actual amount of metal is underwhelming.

However, for the price, they are actually really cool. If you wanted more metal or more detail, there are $400+ Aoshima and sideshow products all over the place. For ~$20 they are a damn cool and a damn good buy. Very happy with them overall.

For Ss and giggles, I'll post some side by sides with the Aoshima marine vehicles tonight.

looking forward to seeing pics of your Cheyenne Dropship. I'm thinking of contacting BBTS for a replacement since mine looks jacked but if yours is the same, I'll try to correct it.

As much as I love the Dropship, Aoshima is out of my price range. I do own the Halcyon kits for the Cheyenne and the Sulaco but I've been hesitant to put them together since they're so rare.

That's excellent. The scene where Ripley mistakes a pipe for the Alien...and yet they do actually use the Alien in the shot.

You do some repainting on your figure?
Thanks , glad u got it. Yeah it is fully repainted.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I don't know if it's the slightly increased size for the "runner" alien, but i would be willing to pay an increase on the usual quarter scale price to own one. I think it's really, REALLY cool we're getting newt and frost and vasquez, but a 1/4 alien 3 xeno is what i've been waiting on, hard. Help me, randy of neca, you're my only hope... No, wait, wrong thing. But, yknow, make it and take my money. Please.

I would love it if they released a large scale Royal Facehugger. They could use the legs from the Spider Gremlin for the fingers and take the rest from there. They did such an amazing job painting the small scale on that a bigger size would make all their work really pop.

By the way, has anyone been able to pin point the source of the rumours they were going to do cryotubes and an EEV down the road ?

It would be interesting to see if they do those though. They could do a cracked cryotube with a battle damaged Hicks or one that comes with a frosted effect on the glass so you cannot see what figure you're getting inside.

By the way, has anyone been able to pin point the source of the rumours they were going to do cryotubes and an EEV down the road ?

It would be interesting to see if they do those though. They could do a cracked cryotube with a battle damaged Hicks or one that comes with a frosted effect on the glass so you cannot see what figure you're getting inside.

...the source was someone wishing they'd do it, nothing more. I've seen the question asked on Twitter followed by "no plans"

looking forward to seeing pics of your Cheyenne Dropship. I'm thinking of contacting BBTS for a replacement since mine looks jacked but if yours is the same, I'll try to correct it.

As much as I love the Dropship, Aoshima is out of my price range. I do own the Halcyon kits for the Cheyenne and the Sulaco but I've been hesitant to put them together since they're so rare.

Its a bit banged up. I need to heat up and straighten out the rear tail fins on the NECA, that is for sure.

Here is the drop ship with the Halcyon and Aoshima drop ships, although as I stated above, it really isnt a fair comparison. The NECA costs a fraction as much.
20160504_065831.jpg
20160504_065956.jpg
20160504_070009.jpg

I thought this was a fun pic. From left to right we have:
-the Micro Machines action fleet (sorry, still sealed, so bad photo. It is a bit bigger than the NECA)
-NECA
-Aoshima
-Konami
-Micro Machine regular
-NECA (that came with drop ship).

Only missing the HCG one!

20160503_212551.jpg
20160503_212806.jpg
20160503_212854.jpg

The NECA one is a great option if you are trying to find something to match up with your Leading edge marines.
20160503_213047.jpg

Ive been browsing the last 100 pages or and I am planning to get the power loader with Ripley, Bishop, and the Queen but I was wondering what are the chances of cramming them into a detolf? anyone know if I can display them together in a single detolf square?

Ive been browsing the last 100 pages or and I am planning to get the power loader with Ripley, Bishop, and the Queen but I was wondering what are the chances of cramming them into a detolf? anyone know if I can display them together in a single detolf square?

Found this on here from last year, should give you an idea of the space needed: https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94669&p=7485491&viewfull=1#post7485491

Going by that the PL should fit no bother but I'm not too sure about cramming it in with the Queen to fit into one square. Someone else might have a better idea though.

I'm fortunate that I have quite a big cabinet to display the Queen and the PL battling each other facing sideways (with barely just enough room for smaller stuff). One of the reasons I can't get the Genocide Queen is that I just don't have the room for two big creatures of that size. Not sure what I'll do when we eventually get the AVP Queen. :(

Back