NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alright Ladies and Gentleman below is a questionable question that NECA have been awesome enough to hear out the fans on:

NECA RANDY: "Under consideration as a Series 8 Chase figure - Molten Metal Dog variant. Thoughts? #facehuggerfriday"

View attachment 248845

I wouldn't say it's a bad idea as neca has said this would be the only way to get variants like this out. However I could imagine this annoying a lot of people who want a complete collection, as this would be very hard and ultimately expensive to get hold of.

- and wait a minute... series 8 seems a little peculiar now...

Series 8:

Dog Alien: exact same series 3 version
Dog Alien: Grey Version
Ripley
Weyland Commando

Don't see why it couldn't of been:

Dog Alien: molten Lead version
Dog Alien: Grey Version
Ripley
Weyland Commando

That way we wouldn't get the same figure we've already got and also get out the lead version. - Thoughts: Too much QTY this way & the way series 8 is atm gives people the chance to have a complete Alien 3 collection, for people that didn't pick up the Brown version.

Still by not having the Molten Lead version in Series 8, means that NECA is saying the "Lead version" is likely to sell less than the "Grey version" and the "brown Version" that we have already bought before.

You would of thought that it would sell at-least better than the "brown ver." - What do you guys think.

I think they should release series 8 as planned- with the brown and grey dog aliens in an even 2 per case split. Instead of putting the lead variant randomly in a case and reducing one of the brown or grey dogs to 1 per case, they should just make the lead dog alien an Aliens SDCC exclusive. they have been consistently putting out Predator SDCC exclusives every single year, and i think this would be a good choice for an Aliens SDCC exclusive. Different enough and cool to get, but not so great that it's bad that it's harder to get. That way it doesn't effect the case pack-outs of the retail wave 8 cases.

Lately the SDCC exclusives have been fairly easy to get. i can't remember if they put them up on their eBay page anymore, but last year I saw them at Toys R Us, and various websites like big bad toy store or Amazon had them available. Yeah, it will cost more, but with a variant in a retail case, they usually don't let you order the variant you want. As seen with the 1/4th and 7" 79' Alien variants (isolation/concept), it was the luck of the draw which lip position you get.

Or they could release it in a Toys r Us 2 pack with a final scene Ripley (it could come with the Queen Facehugger and Queen burster too)

Or maybe a AvP Battle damaged set of 4 2-packs with BD Jungle Hunter vs BD '79 Alien, BD City Hunter vs BD Warrior Alien, broken mask Classic Pred with lead-covered dog, and BD Scar with BD AvP Warrior Alien.

Or they could release it in a Toys r Us 2 pack with a final scene Ripley (it could come with the Queen Facehugger and Queen burster too)

No kidding this is spot on! and makes perfect sense. It's pretty much the death / final scene variants of both the main characters. You should tweet this to NECA Randy!

IMG_20160227_142631.jpg
IMG_20160227_142832.jpg
IMG_20160227_143746_1.jpg
IMG_20160227_143805.jpg

So heres is the nervy custom alien figure destroyer again.
This time i made some fleshy skin over the alien big chap dome.
I used a lot of hot glue from the hot glue pistol and a haidryer
The dome is now down top 10 % translucent. I think before it was qabout 50 % translucent.
The rim is not correctly right now. im keep on working on it i think.
But im really happy with this organic feeling of the head right now. its like an big plastic P$"§$nis. :p
IMG_20160219_173621.jpg
And this is my try to make an own Dog Alien. How long does it take before the chest burst of this sweet puppy?

Is the detached head on the Grid Alien as wide spread a problem as I'm hearing?

When I looked through the 5 cases I had access to and was choosing my figures, I saw like 7 with the head popped off right in the package. They weren't broken, it just looked like the head was pulled off/popped off and left the ball/peg intact, or was never put on in the first place.

I dont find that too big of a deal as long as theyre not broken.

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk

Same here.... Mine popped off easy when trying to test how far back the head would go. It easily popped back on.

I had more issues with the translucent Xeno:
-Diaphragm joint was pretty loose.
-Head joint was pretty loose.
-The "hoses" that connect to the lower jaw broke off pretty easily at the point where they connect to the jaw. This has never happened to me before on any of the many Xenos I own,
-Left wrist joint was pretty loose.

So we're not getting a Compression Suit Lambert at least in the next couple of years or at least after what is it...cockroach alien or is it giraffe alien? LOL

I've heard it's grey Squirrel Alien with red chase variant before any Lambert figure ��

As ridiculous as it sounds making updated Toys based on another Toy company's original toy designs, should make for some pretty unique and cool figures, for those collectors who want a slightly more varied hive of xenomorphs.

Although yes that means our actual movie figures get delayed for a quarter of a year. Lambert won't be till Series 12 the earliest from what I can tell.

CVLdRnTWwAE0nHj.jpg

Tweet: "do my eyes deceive me or is that a certain female nostromo crew member that ain't ripely?"
NECA: "Maybe... wink, wink."

Also been loads of other tweets and replies about Lambert such as NECA admitting that Lambert would complete the original three that go into the derelict.

Tweet: "do my eyes deceive me or is that a certain female nostromo crew member that ain't ripely?"
NECA: "Maybe... wink, wink."

Also been loads of other tweets and replies about Lambert such as NECA admitting that Lambert would complete the original three that go into the derelict.

Awesome :) I never understood why the Dallas figure though didn't come with the tripod assembly he carries...shall have to make one up.

Could Lambert be that surprise figure thats hitting stores on april 26th?

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk

Back