NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m pretty sure it’s the AvP Alien just missing the dome. The ridges aren’t deep enough to be AvP: R and you can kinda see where the dome would sit.

e9xedt.jpg

look the arrow, this detail is only present in the AvP-R warriors:

scxe9u.jpg

The most excellent looking Alien Big Chap image I have seen is a custom done by aesCulus on this link, but is only 12" scale

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/aliens-and-robots-action-figures/120220-sega-alien.html

2naistt.jpg

Wonder how this NECA Bag Chap after paint will turn up

While that's a very nice custom job, I disagree 100%.
I find the NECA sculpt vastly superior, besides, it's poseable. At any rate, there's always the Sano statue to make you drool over a perfect sculpt.

First look at the quarter scale Aliens warrior!

View attachment 177076

They posted it amongst shots of the 79 and at first glance I thought he was just missing the dome but that wasn’t the case.
View attachment 177077
View attachment 177078

Love everything I'm seeing here!
The Aliens warrior looks fantastic, and the original Giger Alien is amazing. I love the weird pose.
Also looking forward to the Requiem alien, the old one is very nice, this one should be amazing.

The sculpt is of a resurrection alien without is clear dome, the detail Lord Freezers' talking about is also evident but less pronounced in the last pic he posted.
Also notice the tiny holes sculpted along the head, placement similar to the painted ones on same last photo.

But it does have face, jaws, tendons & neck of a avp:r alien :slap

I wasn’t kidding with that Frankenstein comment. They have confirmed in the past they will be doing all 3 creatures and it looks like they’ve spliced them together to mess with people. :lol

I’ll try and get an answer from Randy as to what it is.

Neca have changed the dome of the old avp-r warrior figure for their warrior of resurrection, but they forgot that some details are different (neck and the sides of the head).

Neca have changed the dome of the old avp-r warrior figure for their warrior of resurrection, but they forgot that some details are different (neck and the sides of the head).

And the mouth. The AVP-R had a very vicious-looking mouth. Less humanoid and more like an animal.

Well they just showed off a wip avpr head not to long ago along with the isolation alien so maybe they arr working back from that to make the avp/res alien.

From Neca “@wayward_child (That’s me) we like to mess with you & keep you guessing when you scour our images :p

I don’t want to play anymore... :pfft:

I wouldn’t be too surprised to see this one get colour variants similar to the masked unmasked Predators. Personally I’d like a colour scheme similar to their first Aliens warrior. The one before the current line kicked off.
If I was a betting man I'd wager they'll release brown, blue & black versions because they know some people will be compelled to buy one in every color. I'd be good with one that was like the original release as well.
I wonder what color they are going to release the 1/4th Warrior Alien in, Blue or Brown? Or maybe both?

While that's a very nice custom job, I disagree 100%.
I find the NECA sculpt vastly superior, besides, it's poseable. At any rate, there's always the Sano statue to make you drool over a perfect sculpt.

I was not referring to the sculpt, but was referring to how awesome the color scheme looks. My intention was hoping that NECA will use a similar coloring scheme. And again yes NECA is indeed pose-able and I am aware that the SEGA Kit is non pose-able. And I do want the Alien to be pose-able no doubt about it, just hoping that NECA will do some great coloring scheme . Sano Alien is a non-pose-able figure too as you are fully aware.

Oh, you can't go full nerd until you've got one of these...

Here's my fully finished Sano 1/5 Big Chap Alien and base. I went for a look that would be reminiscent of Giger's art style as well as the weathered look of the Space Jockey. I still haven't figured out how I'm going to decal "XENOMORPH" on the front, but I'm happy with it empty for now anyway. My plan is to make it look like a digital read out in MU-TH-R 182 computer font like the front panel is actually a screen.

I used the decal that came with it for the back of the base. I really wanted to include the "ROSWELL JAPAN" and "Sculpted by Yoshihiko Sano" text, but I did not realize it wasn't a water decal. I've never seen a rub off decal, and I ruined those tiny letters figuring it out. Looks good with just A L I E N on it though.

SanoAlienBaseRearDecal.jpg

SanoAlienFinishedFullRear.jpg

SanoAlienFinishedFullRightRear.jpg

SanoAlienFinishedFullRight.jpg

SanoAlienFinishedFullFrontRight.jpg

SanoAlienFinishedFullFront.jpg

SanoAlienFinishedFullFrontLeft.jpg

SanoAlienFinishedFullLeft.jpg

SanoAlienFinishedFullLeftRear.jpg

I had one of the Konami Chestbursters, a really well done piece, and in scale with this statue fortunately. I didn't like the paint, so I stripped it down. The main body is actually a perfect base color and should allow for some great translucent effects. The bigger tail section was actually white but should easily enough by made to match the body. The end of the tail though, absolutely would not let go of the paint, but I know it's white underneath. I'll have to do my best to blend it with the rest when I paint it. Once repainted and bloody, Big and Little Chap will share the same base.

LittleChap-unpainted.jpg

Damn fine piece...

Back