NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone checked the back of Windrix's packaging? I've only seen photos of the front and am curious if the text on the reverse describes the real-life Windrix or provides some details on his fictional counterpart.

Disagreed.

The back tells the same general plot summery of "Aliens" as all the other figures do. Nothing fictional about his 'character' nor factual about his situation and relationship to the Neca family.

As I said a while back, anyone who doesn't follow twitter or forums such as this will be totally confused, or assume he is a video game character.

BTW, I was at my local TRU yesterday and they were in. Well, no Giger or Warrior, just two of Windrix were left (which I bought both). But just a heads up for those waiting for chain store action: They are showing up.

I need a bigger display area soon , we are getting a ton of grail pieces.I say grail because of the treatment we are getting, just wow marines and a queen.When Mcfarlane made some stuff i was all over it , then after a year the figures started to explode just by looking at them funny funny

My Series 2 figures are being delivered today, so hopefully I'll have time to mess around with them a bit!
Crossing my fingers hoping that they don't have any QC issues...

The back tells the same general plot summery of "Aliens" as all the other figures do. Nothing fictional about his 'character' nor factual about his situation and relationship to the Neca family.
Well, that's disappointing...

Seems like they're all going to have this issue to some extent. Sculpt is good enough though, I'd buy a 1:4 version of it in the hopes of dome issues being fixed.

Just got mine. Don't have time to unpack now, but of the two I've got on one the left side of the dome isn't entirely flush with the head.
I wonder if it might be an easy fix.

Enviado desde mi iPhone con Tapatalk

Unpacked one (the one with the ok dome) and I'm very happy to say that I have no QC issues.
I've only had a couple of stuck joints that move perfectly now thanks a quick hot water bath. The jaw seems slightly misaligned, but I'm hoping that a bit of moving around with some more hot water will set it straight.

So first impressions.

Absolutely beautiful sculpt. Other than a slightly wide pelvis (due to the articulation), I don't think I can find any fault in it. The detailing seems as sharp as the previous version, whereas the Aliens 2.0 seemed to be slightly softer in that department compared to their predecessors. The newly sculpted legs, feet, hands, dome and mouth all look brilliant and better than the previous figure. I wasn't a fan of the curling lip at first, but it just looks wonderfully menacing and it's won me over. The dome is perfection now IMHO. The legs might be a tad too long, but it's really difficult to judge... Bolaji Badejo looked so different every single time he put the suit on, it's hard to find a definitive look. I suppose the original statue would be the way to go, but it's different form the suit itself. At any rate, if you ask me, I think Kyle absolutely nailed the look of the alien this time around.
Up close the paint apps seem rather crude, but from a normal viewing distance they look appropriately bleak and dirty. This is, however, a step back from the paint apps of the first version.
The material seems like a softer plastic, especially the back spines which are quite clearly rubbery. I suppose the upside is that it's not brittle, but I do prefer the older material.

So there you have it, that's my mini-review.

If you're an Alien fan, get this. Hopefully you'll get a figure with no QC issues. Which brings me back to the point that NECA really should give these figures their due. Just go to a top factory and get the paint apps, engineering (a better engineering would certainly been able to make the hip joints smaller and thus the pelvis narrower) and QC up to a higher standard. The standard these sculpts and iconic monsters deserve.

Oh, and a-dev, the dome is also a soft PVC type of plastic, so I think it should be easy to remove or realign to make it fit better.

I have to admit, the horse-faced upper lip actually looks really good from the front. I'm excited to see how they'll do these in 1/4 (the Alien Warrior being my most anticipated). Said it before and I'll say it again, NECA's chances of knocking those out of the park are pretty high. Not going to pass them up unless they somehow manage to completely screw the pooch.

I have to admit, the horse-faced upper lip actually looks really good from the front. I'm excited to see how they'll do these in 1/4 (the Alien Warrior being my most anticipated). Said it before and I'll say it again, NECA's chances of knocking those out of the park are pretty high. Not going to pass them up unless they somehow manage to completely screw the pooch.

Blade you interested in the Monsterarts Warrior and Alien?

I don't really like the loose, over-articulated feel of the MonsterArts figures. Same reason I sold my Godzilla ones.

Cannot wait for Toy fair - hoping for more Marines, Nostromo Crew, RIPLEY! and the dog alien to show up and make an appearance. Don't forget the Queen! Also, Weyland Mercs would be incredible

I don't really like the loose, over-articulated feel of the MonsterArts figures. Same reason I sold my Godzilla ones.
1545020_627751067278661_1129686360_n.jpg

I took the dome off of one of my Aliens, and I can confirm that yes, the detail underneath is sculpted this time.

got my neca big chap today, haven't opened him yet to check qc, will tomorrow, been to busy checking out my ht celtic I finally got today,now he rocks:yess:

Holy sex, Sexman. That sex looks sexy as sex. It's like someone took the 24" Marmit, shrank it down, and added joints.

Having that said, the dome still looks a little chunky to me. Also -- and this is another reason why I got out of the SHMA figures -- the size just isn't appealing. These things are pitifully tiny. I'm impressed by the prototype shots, but it's almost a crime that these are 6".

Back