NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:exactly:

Im not too excited about that reveal!
NECA knows everyone wants the Queen but still no pictures or anything. Its meant to be out end of the year but the no news probably means yet another delay. :lecture
As long as kicks *** in the end I'm good. Beyond that and the Marines I'm not really sure what else I would buy from the Alien movies. Dog Alien, Newborn & Alien Res Xenos maybe.

Very cool stuff indeed! I would really love to have the entire Nostromo crew in their trucker outfits.

aliencrew.jpg

Yup. I get that there's clearly a lot of Aliens fans who are really into their marines and military thing, and so obviously that sells, but for me some decent licensed figs from Alien would be wayyyy more interesting.

The suit's a step in the right direction tho. Question is whether Neca have got likeness licences, otherwise we'll still not be seeing Ripley any time soon, in any part of the line :lol

The suit's a step in the right direction tho. Question is whether Neca have got likeness licences, otherwise we'll still not be seeing Ripley any time soon, in any part of the line :lol

Problem with the humans is when the primary actor, or perhaps next in line actor, doesn't grant their likeness rights the whole thing unravels.

Like in the Predator line - great that we have Dutch, but no permission from Carl Weathers or Jesse Ventura for their likenesses effectively ends it there.

With Alien if we can't even get Ripley I doubt they'll go very far into the others. Tom Skerrit maybe since he OKed the Hot Toys figure but John Hurt maybe not. And that'll probably put them off making anyone else.

Oh, absolutely. I know that's supposedly been the largest problem with getting Alien toys, statues, etc etc over the years - same as with Blade Runner, to name another.

Just hoping Neca can make some progress on that; whilst it's great people get the marines & different types of aliens from the different films, it's really about time to finally some Nostromo crew stuff in the mix.

Something like the space suit is hopefully Neca chipping away at that area of the licence; if they do it well (and, of course, if they can show the actors and their agents that there's money in them thar hills ;) ) it might eventually happen...

Its funny that people are creaming themselves at NECA doing the spacesuits but when HT did Dallas/Kane they didn't sell too well did they? Well, if the prices they go for on eBay are anything to go by anyway.

Back