NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's been awhile since I've seen a decent life size replica of either at an affordable price, fingers crossed NECA nail the life size versions :rock

So can't wait to see them tease series 2 at SDCC, they have hinted that they may even release details on series 3 depending on how things go.

So NECA is hinting at life-size facehuggers and chestbusters made out of rubber today on twitter...

That would be awesome.

I have the palisades lifesize stuffed animal ones... I had to buy 2 of each because I plan to give my kid the second one of each lol. Might have to do that with these to depending on how they turn out.

Btw, lowest point was alien ressurection, not the video game. Bad; yes I agree on that note. It's not the lowest point tho.

Btw, lowest point was alien ressurection, not the video game. Bad; yes I agree on that note. It's not the lowest point tho.

Also agreed. Not even close. The patches fixed most gameplay bugs, and the weak story may yet be fixed by the pending DLC campaign add-on (one can dream the gaping holes get filled in at least, right?!) While hugely disappointing, I carry no hatred of it. If anything, it at least made a half hearted effort to fix one of the things I do consider the lowpoint.

The opening to Alien 3 (unceremonious "by the way they all died after all" beginning) and at least 3 moments in Aliens Resurrection had me truly pissed off and to this day I am still angry.

Is it worth $40 for the game and the power loader figure? The figure looks pretty cool in pictures, but I haven't seen it IRL.

The plot holes were...huge. But, this game could have been great. There was a lot of promise to the idea with the story; just poorly executed. As far as the figure with the game; I have no idea man. I just bought the basic game. Anyway, this thread isn't for the game; back on subject...

Is it worth $40 for the game and the power loader figure? The figure looks pretty cool in pictures, but I haven't seen it IRL.

I have it, the detail and sculpt is pretty good and worth $40 with the game included. It's small though (I think it was 7'').

Purchased Hicks. Was going to wait for the two-packs but decided to at least pick up one Marine to tide me over the interval, and so selected Hicks as he's always been my favourite character and Hudson is just too limited by his expression to that one scene after the dropship wrecks the APC.

Oddly, though, Hudson's acessories are not entirely scene-specific, as he was not, in fact, wearing his back-lamp at that point, while Hicks was, so Hicks should have come with the lamp, rather than the shotgun and holster, which could have been saved for the two-pack version.

Also agreed. Not even close. The patches fixed most gameplay bugs, and the weak story may yet be fixed by the pending DLC campaign add-on (one can dream the gaping holes get filled in at least, right?!).
And if you got the PC version, like I did, you didn't have to deal with the bugs in the first place. :wave

The opening to Alien 3 (unceremonious "by the way they all died after all" beginning) and at least 3 moments in Aliens Resurrection had me truly pissed off and to this day I am still angry.
One of the few things I actively disliked about the game was that it acknowledged Alien 3 to have been A Thing.

Other than that... the only things that really proved distracting were the otherwise design-faithful Marines inexplicably wearing modern Oakley boots and goggles and SOLAG gloves (the same as many of Sideshow's G.I. Joe figures, coincidentally), rather than 1980s-era equivalents, and the increasingly absurd challenges required to unlock the various multiplayer goodies, which continue to frustrate my desire to Deathmatch as a reasonable facsimile of Kenner's Hicks...

I wouldn't at all mind action figures of Winter, O'Neal, Bella, Cruz, the WY PMCs and all the rest, though...

The plot holes were...huge.
In that regard, at least, it's very much in the spirit of the film. :rotfl

The game makes Resurrection look like The Shawshank Redemption. Worst video game ever made in my opinion. And I don't play that many games.

the new video game is a poor effort, no question. However, Alien: "Insurrection" is a complete and utter abomination...a travesty. Alien: "insurrection" is, by far, the worst utterance from the Alien franchise/property to have ever come to fruition.

Back