NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All the NECA figures I get from my supplier are the same price, I guess if they're selling well some people will put up the price.

...and gas should be $2 a gallon, and airline tickets should be 1/2 their price, and my house should be worth 20% more :lol

And a turd costs 20 bucks...oh wait...it does, apparently. :lol

I remember buying these stupid things for under 20 bucks. Now that they're over 20, I am a lot more harder on them. Some do justify their price. But that Alien....yeesh. No regrets...but ugh.

neca should be $10. star wars Hasbro should be $5...? I think a Ferrari should be 20 gand, but its not. 17+ bucks for the neca aliens figures is more than reasonable when one examines the contemporary plastic market. Some of the photos displayed in this thread are complete crap. Light, angle, image composition etc. all greatly impact the way a 7" piece of plastic is perceived.
*edit: @zodach...I see you beat me to the punch. clearly, I agree.

No amount of lighting can justify this.

the lighting is very important:

5bqk51.jpg

in hands this figures are very nice

I remember buying these stupid things for under 20 bucks. Now that they're over 20, I am a lot more harder on them. Some do justify their price. But that Alien....yeesh. No regrets...but ugh.

I remember buying Marvel Legends for $8, but that doesn't make them any less today.

The TRU stores around here sell the Predator figures for $17 and the Aliens figures for $18. With a coupon I was able to get them down to $15-16 each and I can easily return them to the store for a refund if there are any issues with the figures.

Why do some NECA figures cost like 12 bucks while others like predator go up to 22 bucks?

just the License? Is that what makes it cost so much?

The only time I see Predator figures for 22 bucks is at comic shops where they mark up the price. The toys R us around here sell them for $17.99 and the Alien figures for $18.99

The only time I see Predator figures for 22 bucks is at comic shops where they mark up the price.

Comic shops in the US do that? I thought that was only in places like Ireland where regular toystores don't sell NECA/McFarlane type figures and so the comic stores know that people have no other choice.

Larger shot of the Genocide pack. Not the most detailed shot but from what I can see here, the paint apps look pretty solid.

They should, it's the promotional photo. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, though I'm not quite as jazzed about this line after having (way too many) copies of Series 1 in-hand.

So close, NECA. You were sooo close.

(And as an aside Blade, have you ever done a recent collection update? What Alien pieces have you really excited right now? - I am hoping NECA's new Giger release is an improvement [over the last one], but their quality control just has me feeling a bit blue about the whole thing.)

Aliens don't display well. They're very messy, limbs and tails everywhere. Worse still when your hive consists of a bunch of preposed McFarlanes all with closed mouths, stupid tiny feet permanently on tip-toes and loose ankle joints that prevent them from being able to stand; tails broken off so you can't even use them to prop the figure up. NECAs Aliens are better but even still the creature design just makes things messy looking on a shelf. They'd be much better if you could attach them to walls and ceilings of a full blown diorama. Just a bunch of Aliens standing on a shelf though looks a bit crap IMO. And that's all I have with exception of the McFarlane Queen Alien's diorama piece and the egg bases.

Then I looked over at my Endoskeleton army with crappy old Mcfarlane sculpts or $h!tty wobbly-legged NECA ones that can't stand up without being leaned against the wall of the shelf. And I wondered why I'm displaying this stuff at all.

Time for a shelf revamp. A lot of this stuff is getting boxed away methinks.

Last edited:
If you decide to sell any, let me know dude.

With international shipping costs I don't know if that'd be worthwhile. I was thinking of keeping them for any kids that I might have in the future, to hopefully distract them away from those toys that I don't want destroyed! Likewise with all my surplus Terminators. Really regret overbuying those.

With possible exceptions I'm thinking of changing my smaller figure displays to more of a 'each figure on its own merits as it was released' kinda thing rather than attempting hodgepodge dioramas or every possible variation of a character. Sick of having such messy looking cluttered shelves.

(And as an aside Blade, have you ever done a recent collection update? What Alien pieces have you really excited right now? - I am hoping NECA's new Giger release is an improvement [over the last one], but their quality control just has me feeling a bit blue about the whole thing.)

I'm really pumped about Sideshow's Alien legendary-scale busts. Supposedly we're seeing a couple at SDCC and I've been seriously considering selling my Sideshow Alien statues to pay for them (don't want both and busts are cooler, lol).
As far as NECA goes, my enthusiasm for this line depends on the two Genocide packs I ordered. If those look okay, I'll keep them and buy whatever future Marines they put out plus the Queen. If they're not up to par, I'll probably just sell off all my NECA Alien merch and wait for the 18" line.

Aliens don't display well. They're very messy, limbs and tails everywhere. Worse still when your hive consists of a bunch of preposed McFarlanes all with closed mouths, stupid tiny feet permanently on tip-toes and loose ankle joints that prevent them from being able to stand; tails broken off so you can't even use them to prop the figure up. NECAs Aliens are better but even still the creature design just makes things messy looking on a shelf. They'd be much better if you could attach them to walls and ceilings of a full blown diorama. Just a bunch of Aliens standing on a shelf though looks a bit crap IMO. And that's all I have with exception of the McFarlane Queen Alien's diorama piece and the egg bases.

Then I looked over at my Endoskeleton army with crappy old Mcfarlane sculpts or $h!tty wobbly-legged NECA ones that can't stand up without being leaned against the wall of the shelf. And I wondered why I'm displaying this stuff at all.

Time for a shelf revamp. A lot of this stuff is getting boxed away methinks.

I know that feeling all too well. Again, the thought of bugging out (and calling it even, *wink wink*) and waiting for the 18" Warrior is getting more appealing by the minute. The larger scale simply works better than the 7" one ever could.

I know that feeling all too well. Again, the thought of bugging out (and calling it even, *wink wink*) and waiting for the 18" Warrior is getting more appealing by the minute. The larger scale simply works better than the 7" one ever could.

Good movie reference. :yess: Yeah the sculpt on the Warrior is definitely worth scaling up. I'll want that one for sure. With the small ones though I'll only buy the BD versions with the marines and maybe others if they have something new with them like the accurately sized eggs and newly sculpted facehuggers. No more multi-buys. Each figure on its own merits.

Say, a-dev, you don't happen to have a neca Terminator 1 endo do you????

I do but just the one which I've opened.

Wonder when their going to sell the black alien by itself. I wish the two pack had 2 black aliens instead of the one black and one red.

I always planned on using the 7" NECA Figures for contained dioramas, myself. I can see where people are coming from with the 'too cluttered' comments. A shelf full of 7-inch figures ends up looking just that - cluttered.

I'd rather have a couple stand out pieces here and there rather than a whole room and shelves packed with everything imaginable. While I love collecting stuff, I just can't function in that sort of visually overwhelming environment. Simpler is better. If Sideshow is indeed producing LSB of Giger's Alien, I'd be very interested. It'd be a great centerpiece.

Will reserve any excitement for sculpt pics, though lol. :lol

Got series 1 today. Fantastic figures, love the alien, Hicks and Hudson likeness is unmatched, with loads of accesories and details. Some of the best Neca's figures to date. Hope they realease Ripley, Vasquez an Bishop! (I know the likness rights and Sigourney don't want figures of herself with weapons, etc)

I got Hicks and Hudson the other day, awesome figures. Some of my favorites from NECA. I might keep them packaged up to avoid cluttering my already cluttered shelves :lol.

Back