NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When does the two-pack come out with the alternate versions of the Marines?

eza6egu5.jpg

ahe8uzed.jpg

ava6yty6.jpg

aqytepug.jpg

5ydehy4u.jpg

3agumyna.jpg

yza4ymut.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

as you can see the helmet does not fit Hicks as well as it does Hudson.

Also gave Hicks old Macfarlannes headlamp.

And the eggs are painted with glossy transparent paint.

Another on the list of saddest things I've ever seen: 2 marines having to share a helmet!

But in all seriousness, pretty cool mods. I like the shoulder lamp too.

I can live with a lot of joints. I'm even OK with the diapers. But I despise ball-joint heads. They're just not worth the ugliness.

A subtle head tilt can be achieved with the T2 T-800s type of neck joint before it starts to look unnatural. Any more than subtle and you're making your figure look like this:

And why on earth would you want to do that? Even if for some reason you do you can do that with the T-800 type of joint. Yes it'll look unnatural but now the figure looks unnatural not just in one type of pose but aaaaallllll the time no matter what pose he's in because his head is separate from his neck. :huh

Last edited:
So Randy has been hinting that the new marine reveal at SDCC will be a "unique" one. Somebody replied with "James Cameron as a Marine?" Randy replied "Not quite but getting warmer". Great. A stupid reveal that's getting all sorts of hype. Something tells me its not even a character from the movie. -_-

I can live with a lot of joints. I'm even OK with the diapers. But I despise ball-joint heads. They're just not worth the ugliness.

The ball joint doesn't look that bad to me. It's the space between the shoulder and the upper arm that really looks off IMO. I don't think they need to be separated that much for the joint to function.

So Randy has been hinting that the new marine reveal at SDCC will be a "unique" one. Somebody replied with "James Cameron as a Marine?" Randy replied "Not quite but getting warmer". Great. A stupid reveal that's getting all sorts of hype. Something tells me its not even a character from the movie. -_-

Sounds like a novelty figure or tribute of some sort.

The ball joint doesn't look that bad to me. It's the space between the shoulder and the upper arm that really looks off IMO. I don't think they need to be separated that much for the joint to function.

I guess I just don't rate head-tilting as all that important to be worth cutting off the figures head. Look left, look right, look up, look down. That's all I really care about and you can allow all that by putting the joint at the base of the neck where its hidden. Full arm motion on the other hand is great and that's why I excuse that joint you're talking about. Though yes the gaps are ugly.

A subtle head tilt can be achieved with the T2 T-800s type of neck joint before it starts to look unnatural. Any more than subtle and you're making your figure look like this:

And why on earth would you want to do that?

You get a greater range of movement with ball-jointed heads and for certain poses they help quite a bit. A lot of my displays require something like that. I'd have my figures turned in one direction and leaning to one side for a dynamic look but I want their heads to tilt so it looks like no matter the pose, the character is trying to adapt and adjust their viewing angle. You can kind of see it in these images with Hicks, but I do this with most of my figures (torqued body, head straight up -- which results in even more torque since everything is tilted).

vxjmfm.jpg

mrbcdk.jpg

The kind of tilt can sort of be achieved with the joint at the base of the neck, but it looks more unnatural because in reality the tilt would occur at the base of the head.

You get a greater range of movement with ball-jointed heads and for certain poses they help quite a bit. A lot of my displays require something like that. I'd have my figures turned in one direction and leaning to one side for a dynamic look but I want their heads to tilt so it looks like no matter the pose, the character is trying to adapt and adjust their viewing angle. You can kind of see it in these images with Hicks, but I do this with most of my figures (torqued body, head straight up -- which results in more torque, really).

The kind of tilt can sort of be achieved with the joint at the base of the neck, but it looks more unnatural because in reality the tilt would occur at the base of the head.

Yeah but I know all this. I'm not disputing that ball-joint heads offer a greater range of motion. But its just posing. Posing changes all the time. Ugly separation of the head from the neck is forever! The part of your post I've put in bold....its just sooo specific and minor...would you really in your heart of hearts give much of a damn if your figure couldn't do that as long as you've got a cool looking Hicks figure that doesn't look like someone plopped his head back on after a decapitation.

Last edited:
There's no reason why the Marines couldn't have been given the Terminator style heads.

...would you really in your heart of hearts give much of a damn if your figure couldn't do that as long as you've got a cool looking Hicks figure that doesn't look like someone plopped his head back on after a decapitation.

But... I don't think it looks like someone plopped his head back on after a decapitation. In all honesty it doesn't bother me or look as weird to me as it does to you. Hicks already looks cool IMO.
Plus, most of my collectibles have remained in the same pose since I've gotten them. That's just me though, I realize it's a matter of personal preference and I get why you'd want to avoid unnecessarily showy joints.

Last edited:
Back