NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty cool Burnside, congrats. I still remember V-Raptor's 1/6 Cyberdyne Window Diorama for T2 from years ago.
He kicks all sorts of arse thats for sure. Actually, I have more dios in the works, this time it's [war] getting even more serious. I was planning of coordinating efforts from The ready line and V-Raptor. @the_ready_line is such a uniquely talented guy, I mean he is capable of shrinking 1/6 sculpts to fit NECA figures. How cool is that?

Currently he is working on his own custom pieces including full fledged figures such as Corporal Ferro.

Still waiting to order the A1 Ash wave from somewhere. All I currently see are china listings and I just don't trust 'em.
I have it and it looks fine, do you wanna take a look? ;)

i'm still sure/am hoping that "China listings" are just excess numbers of Neca purchases. like Neca orders 10 000 copies, and the factory makes 100 000.

Maybe. I'll wait a bit longer though.

He kicks all sorts of arse thats for sure. Actually, I have more dios in the works, this time it's [war] getting even more serious. I was planning of coordinate efforts from The ready line and V-Raptor. @the_ready_line is such a uniquely talented guy, I mean he is capable of shrinking 1/6 sculpts to fit NECA figures. How cool is that?

Currently he is working on his own custom pieces including full fledged figures such as Corporal Ferro.

I have it and it looks fine, do you wanna take a look? ;)

I had never heard of The Ready Line actually. Looking at his instagram I see he's doing things like neutral face Hudson and Burke. He's got a mission briefing scene Apone and he has even made a larger muzzle-flash for the Smartguns - hah, I too was always a little unsatisfied with the one NECA did for the Vasquez figure - like a pea-shooter compared to what was in the film.

Yeah if you have any comparison shots of Ash with the other figures please post. Interested to see the scale.

I still remember V-Raptor's 1/6 Cyberdyne Window Diorama for T2 from years ago.
Hi, bro! Long time no see here. ^_^
I do a lot of staff and finalizing my collection now. But my main project is full Lost Hunters tribe in 1/6 including trophy wall. Check it out. ;)
Thread:
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131579
Wall:
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131579&p=10301666&viewfull=1#post10301666
Tribe:
https://gallery.v-raptor.ru/var/alb...edator-(Custom)/hippietease3.jpg?m=1590615063
I hope this year everything will be ready.
I have a lot of amazing things to show, but for some reason I don't have a non-predators thread on Freaks.
You can check out my gallery thou:
https://gallery.v-raptor.ru/index.php/collection/wherevraptorthings
Sorry for full-size 1/6 scale off-top.

Neca has shown the Kenner Tribute Panther Alien.

NECA-Kenner-Panther-Alien-Preview.jpg

that's a very lazy reuse.
those long legs with shorter arms didn't work even on their A3 (no way to put it on four legs in a good way), and they definitely don't work on this one, where legs should be shorter than arms.

^
my point exactly.
they should have made his legs much shorter, but that's the problem with Neca engineer. he likes super long legs on all figures.

I was able to find Ash at a local Antique shop of all places.
I decided to check out Walmart and luck was with me on the third one. Found Kane and the Alien.
I am so enjoying this line and it is great to finally have Alien in my collection.

Would be interesting to compare limb length.

View attachment 506776
that's actually easy, though i'll use another photo of that puppet, where lengths are seen better.

hGV8yXh.jpg

first i resized both pictures so that their heads have the same lengths (measure the yellow line on the heads).

then i draw yellow lines on Neca A3 leg, 3 segments - 3 lines. ("1" on a pic)

then i moved those lines, changing the angle but not the length, onto the A3 movie puppet. ("2" on the pic)

then i highligted excess lengths with red lines (within! the lengths of original yellow lines. so "yellow+red" length on a movie puppet = "yellow" on a Neca alien for each leg part). ("2" on the pic)

then i put all excess lengths separately. ("3" on the pic). that shows how much shorter exactly the legs should have been. it's combined length is equal toone of 3 leg segments! that's a lot! that means the legs are 20 or even 30% longer than they should be.

and that's a standart for every Neca figure. for some weird reason all their humans, mutants and extraterrestrials have legs that should be 10-20% shorter, like their legs are out of scale, and aliens specifically have 20-30% additional length.

Here's another pic, just because it looks so cool.
A3 is definitely my favourite Neca alien. and that's even despite i don't like ADI work in common. but the sculptor of that figure caught the essence of the puppet perfectly, in every little detail, and the painter didn't let it go to waste as well.
pity we saw that terrible suit man in the movie instead of this puppet.

seriously, i wouldn't know if this is a behind the scene photo or a Neca figure if not for the lack of joints.

attachment.php

Yeah, the "dragon" is easily NECA's best alien, along with the AvP one. And I also agree that it's ADI's best work by far. It manages to be different but retain some of the bio-mechanical look of Giger's work, which sadly disappeared more and more as the movies progressed.

The good news is that Ash is in scale with Brett and Parker.
The bad news is that Brett and Parker are not in scale with Ripley. :rotfl

However, if they keep this new scale consistent for the Nostromo suits, I'll be happy, since it's a much better fit to the alien itself, which was grossly over-sized.

The good news is that Ash is in scale with Brett and Parker.
The bad news is that Brett and Parker are not in scale with Ripley. :rotfl
Guess who?s the odd one then ;)
I can snap another one with alien, so you could compare the heigh between the alien and the crew

I have Parker and Brett, as well as the "Ultimate" alien and v1.0 Ripley.
Actually, I have pretty much all the main aliens and quite a few of the human characters NECA has put out. I also ordered NECA's wave 3 of the 40th Anniversary. Ash and Brett are a must, and from the reviews I've seen the alien looks better than the "ultimate" version. Hopefully I'll get good figures...

Back