NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I must say I'm a little disappointed with the whole way NECA has treated the 40th anniversary stuff for this license. When I received my Parker/Brett pre-order I was like wtf! And now this with Target/Walmart 'exclusives'..... think I'm done with NECA

I must say I'm a little disappointed with the whole way NECA has treated the 40th anniversary stuff for this license. When I received my Parker/Brett pre-order I was like wtf! And now this with Target/Walmart 'exclusives'..... think I'm done with NECA

I feel the same. I sold most of my NECA stuff(save for Terminator and Toony Terrors...which I love) and haven't looked back.

Not to mention their quality control issues...

I never bought from Aliexpress before as in Europe we generally have collectible stores that import the real Neca stuff and sells it through the shop or online, even exclusives. We cannot buy it from say a toy store. But as you guys mention eBay (which I call *****bay), Aliexpress is buying straight from Chinese suppliers. I just bought the Bishop Queen Attack figure to try it out (can't mess up that one to much) and didn't even have to pay for shipping to The Netherlands. Cost me less than 15 euro's. Maybe for the hard to find figures, give it a try.

They have the Ash and Kane figures and some people that have received them made pictures. They look great as far as I can tell.

The 40th anniversary waves being split between different retailers hurt this line I think.

Hasbro is one-upping them though with them making GI Joe army builders exclusive, a lot of people pissed about those.

I stopped collecting Transforms Generation line because so many were store exclusives. It's gotten ridiculous. These companies shouldn't make it a chore to buy there products.

Well I wasn't going to say anything... but I'm out. Felt like the right time to say it. The endless re-releases, the exclusivity. I'm just out.

(if more NEW '86 stuff comes out, of course I'll buy that, but otherwise I'm done)

Well I wasn't going to say anything... but I'm out. Felt like the right time to say it. The endless re-releases, the exclusivity. I'm just out.

(if more NEW '86 stuff comes out, of course I'll buy that, but otherwise I'm done)

Same here. I've had enough of their BS. I was only hoping that I will see all AVPR stuff done before making this decision, but apparently, this will never happen. I say goodbye to all their overpriced junk and all the crazy sale strategy. In Europe we end up paying 40-50 euros per figure. That has to stop.

I hear that! I checked out at some point last year but still bring up this thread when it gets bumped to see if Neca is finally going to release a movie Drake figure that has seemingly been teased forever. Hey Neca if you ever decide to release any new 86 movie figures I'll bite but otherwise you can count me out man.

I have lots of bendy legs aliens sitting in boxes!

Last edited:
I'm still in if NECA are still in. They're not perfect. The exclusivity of key figures is annoying, QC can be frustratingly hit and miss* and they can't stay consistent in scale to save their lives but they're the only game in town for certain classic licenses and the depth of their lines is second to no one.

They've gone deathly quiet on twitter and before that the chatter had become dominated by horror and TMNT which makes you wonder where we stand with the likes of Alien, Predator and Terminator in the future. We'll see what happens.

*the various Warrior Alien releases have always sucked in my experience actually - if not frozen joints that snap then it's severe warped legs syndrome, sometimes both. Warped jaws, warped back tubes etc.

Last edited:
I go back and forth. I collect Alien & Aliens figures only, and some I buy two of each so I can create dioramas. The new Alien figures I love, Kane and Ash look amazing, but the decision behind flimsy boxes and the exclusivity ticks me off and boggles my mind. So, I'm on the fence. I'll buy Alien, but I don't want to be retired before Drake is released (if it ever is) either.

Is there a variant to the Neca Ultimate Big Chap? I recently noticed there are those with the clear dome and those with a darker tint.

Is there a variant to the Neca Ultimate Big Chap? I recently noticed there are those with the clear dome and those with a darker tint.

Im not sure, but I know there are different releases. Wasn't 2020 40th anniversary with updated articulation or something like that. I have a 1/4 Big Chap but i think its the 2016 version

I think the "ultimate" version had some differences depending on the date of release, specifically a different joint at the hips and the clear dome.
And then there's the new versions that have been released: the bloodied one and the 40th anniversary, plus the upcoming wave that has different paint apps.

I got 2 Ultimate Big Chap from a shop where their stock arrived at the same time so I'm assuming it's the same release date from neca. I'm wondering which one is rarer. :)

I haven?t seen any half decent post re NECA Aliens in quite some time. I guess it?s my time to step in!

About 6 months ago I commissioned an Aliens cryo lab diorama from V-Raptor. He is one of the few guys in the world crazy enough to do a full-fledged predator trophy wall in glorious 1/6 as well as contributed to "Building your MARINES - CORRECTLY" thread.

I thought it would be cool to see how he manages with something in 1/10 scale (7 inch format).

It is safe to say that I was not disappointed.
aliens_lab_03.JPG
aliens_lab_04.JPG
More could be found here https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=&sl=ru&tl=en&u=https%3A%2F%2Ftoyster.ru%2Fforum%2Fshowthread.php%3Ft%3D35498

you should post all of the details, including documents and instructions on those tables :)
i still don't know how he did them.

Pretty cool Burnside, congrats. I still remember V-Raptor's 1/6 Cyberdyne Window Diorama for T2 from years ago.

Still waiting to order the A1 Ash wave from somewhere. All I currently see are china listings and I just don't trust 'em.

Still waiting to order the A1 Ash wave from somewhere. All I currently see are china listings and I just don't trust 'em.
i'm still sure/am hoping that "China listings" are just excess numbers of Neca purchases. like Neca orders 10 000 copies, and the factory makes 100 000.

Back