NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmm. I'm tempted. I'm surprised how good the paintjob looks. I never got the last one they put out. What I've got is the 2008 one according to this guy

Well, if you only have the ?08 one, then you should definitely get this one.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Paintjob is better than that of the prototype in some ways. Be cool if they released a Dog Alien or Resurrection Warrior of similar quality in this scale, but it seems they're too attached to the Big Chap.

Two things I'm still worried about:
• Potential bowing of the legs
• The rubber diaper becoming deformed due to prolonged crouched or kneeling poses (which seem like the best way to protect the legs short of resting the figure on its side :lol).

Overall, this looks like the one to buy as long as you don't own the V2 -- which I had for about ten minutes, then sent back due to shoddy lip QC. Not sure if I'll try for the V3 after the years of rotten luck I've had with this company.

EDIT:

The pose at 12:38 may be somewhat viable, but the tail needs to hold a lot of weight. It's just not a good character design to scale up using cheap, heavy plastic without some kind of internal reinforcement. NECA would probably balk at the idea.

Last edited:
Yeah those legs really do look like they're gonna bend in ways you don't want.....I might still bite though and retire the 08 one per Abake's recommendation.

Be cool if they released a Dog Alien or Resurrection Warrior of similar quality in this scale, but it seems they're too attached to the Big Chap.
despite it being definitely not their best alien headsculpt.
looks beautiful otherwise, i'd replace my HT godzalien in a second (and literally destroy it with pleasure) if this one was in 1/6.

despite it being definitely not their best alien headsculpt.
looks beautiful otherwise, i'd replace my HT godzalien in a second (and literally destroy it with pleasure) if this one was in 1/6.

Every time the Hot Toys thread gets bumped I want to post how awful that figure is but it's usually bumped by someone who has just bought the figure and is happy with it and if I come in with a post saying it's ***t, well, that's not very nice. :lol

It was the figure that encouraged me give up on Alien at 1:6 much like the City Hunter 2.0 did with Predator. They just made it up with those headsculpts, I don't think they actually used reference material at all.

Yeah, it's baffling that NECA doesn't go into 1/6 with these... I suppose they can't.

Unfortunately, NECA can't make 1/6 scale aliens because Hot Toys is too busy doing absolutely nothing with the licence, besides holding onto it. :mad:

Every time the Hot Toys thread gets bumped I want to post how awful that figure is but it's usually bumped by someone who has just bought the figure and is happy with it and if I come in with a post saying it's ***t, well, that's not very nice. :lol

It was the figure that encouraged me give up on Alien at 1:6 much like the City Hunter 2.0 did with Predator. They just made it up with those headsculpts, I don't think they actually used reference material at all.

The Warrior 2.0? Only reason I passed on that one was the rubber suit.

The Warrior 2.0? Only reason I passed on that one was the rubber suit.

No, their Big Chap. Just coincidence that someone bumped the Warrior 2.0 thread today.

Mind you, I find the Warrior proportionally weird. Maybe I'm just so used to NECA's insectoid proportions now.

you should have seen my original post about Neca A1 before i turned it into something socially acceptable and concentrating on its pluses :lol

Oh yeah, I remember you hated it with a vengeance! :lol
On hindsight, it really wasn't that greta of a sculpt, but back when it was released it really was the closest thing to perfection in action figure form...

Back to this 40th Anniversary version, another thing that pisses me off is that they painted the damn lips! What the actual ****?! A simple wash with blacks and greys was enough to make it blend properly...
I also noticed on the second review that the right leg was pretty badly warped at the knee joint. And the paint apps on the front of the dome are all over the place.
I really want to like this, but NECA just makes it so damn hard.

Oh yeah, I remember you hated it with a vengeance! :lol
On hindsight, it really wasn't that greta of a sculpt, but back when it was released it really was the closest thing to perfection in action figure form...

Back to this 40th Anniversary version, another thing that pisses me off is that they painted the damn lips! What the actual ****?! A simple wash with blacks and greys was enough to make it blend properly...
I also noticed on the second review that the right leg was pretty badly warped at the knee joint. And the paint apps on the front of the dome are all over the place.
I really want to like this, but NECA just makes it so damn hard.

For the last eight years, every single time I've gotten back into NECA with a figure or two (regardless of scale), I couldn't hold onto it for more than a couple months. With the exception of Dano's City Hunter repaint, they've been consistent sources of buyer's remorse. 90% of the time there was a QC issue that broke the camel's back, and even when there wasn't, the very feel of the figure would be off-putting in some way.

Just got the ultimate Alien 3 and it's a firm recommend. The paint job is awesome and the new articulation really helps nail the quadraped pose. The joints are very stiff so a hairdryer is a must. No QC issues, jaw and legs are non-wonky. Very happy!��

For the last eight years, every single time I've gotten back into NECA with a figure or two (regardless of scale), I couldn't hold onto it for more than a couple months. With the exception of Dano's City Hunter repaint, they've been consistent sources of buyer's remorse. 90% of the time there was a QC issue that broke the camel's back, and even when there wasn't, the very feel of the figure would be off-putting in some way.

:goodpost:

I think that really says it all...

Will Neca make an alternative version of the alien warrior from Aliens? In the puppet the arms are very different...

78567100-1179897965536830-5669912960265355264-n.jpg

ELI_dqHW4AEP8Uy.jpg
ELI_dqIWkAMk_A6.jpg

These were posted for Facehugger Friday. Glad that made a return. Every day was Turtle Tuesday or Monster Monday for a long time there.

Back