NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's this one at a time business? What happened to the waves...
Yeah, it does seem odd that Kenner Drake is being released as a stand-alone. I guess it makes sense for the rhino to be released on its own since it's reportedly a lot bigger than other figures, but I don't understand why they wouldn't just hold Drake back for the next Kenner wave - unless they're phasing out the series assortments all together? That seems to be what's been going on with the Predator line as well. Last wave was... the one with Machiko and Broken Tusk? Everything since then has been individually released, and future known releases like Wolf and Alpha are all expected to be released in the ultimate format, so... maybe that's the direction that both lines are going?

From a shipping cost perspective it's not ideal. For the time being I've ordered Rhino and Drake as Pile of Loot on BBTS....pending what else comes out when they're coming out I guess.

Anyway, hope we get all or most of the Kenner ''space marine'' squad aswell as the Aliens. They aren't my ultimate priority - that is always the movie stuff - but they tide me over till NECA can fit real actor likeness/figures into their budget.

stupid human characters, blah.

515976.jpg

where's this?

https://necaonline.com/2019/07/sdcc...timate-alien-big-chap-and-1-4-scale-big-chap/

companies that make humans are all around, and they have already produced too many.

You can only be referring to things like the Reaction figures or Funko pop crap. No other company has made human characters from the Alien franchise to the degree that NECA has been doing. Hot Toys made a few but that line is dead fullstop.

Anyway, how can there be too many of a thing you don't have to buy if you don't want to? It's not as though they come instead of the things you actually want. That Queen chestburster? Yeah, it's coming :dunno

So, any opinions on NECA's 40th Anniversary packaging for the Giger Alien re-issue?

Yes. It looks awesome and I will be buying it. I am also factoring in at least three returns, due to wonky jaw, face not attached properly, cracked dome, warped legs etc. Mind you for ?150.00. one would hope that NECA have finally sorted their QC out!

:lol

Yeah, I'll be waiting for in hand pics and reviews before committing to this... what I've seen of the official pics didn't really wow me.

Has anyone received their Alien 3 ultimate?
I saw a few pics on Facebook the other day, looks pretty good.

It's in my BBTS pile of loot.

Not particularly excited about that one. Getting it for completism mainly.

It looks really good, great paint apps especially on the dome. There's a review on Youtube that goes through the new articulation, tragically one of the legs snap as the reviewers doing it. Q is for quality!

Back