NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So i've been wanting a neca 1/4 big chap for ages now, checked ebay and prices have really dropped! Then i remembered they showed a new one at SDCC this year :slap
I can probably pick up the 2015 version for cheaper than the new one would cost me, would you guys recommend I wait for the new one or just go ahead and pick up the older one?
Also what are the major QC issues for it? I've collected (and broken) a few of their 6 inch line so I don't want it to be super fragile
Thanks!

So i've been wanting a neca 1/4 big chap for ages now, checked ebay and prices have really dropped! Then i remembered they showed a new one at SDCC this year :slap
I can probably pick up the 2015 version for cheaper than the new one would cost me, would you guys recommend I wait for the new one or just go ahead and pick up the older one?
Also what are the major QC issues for it? I've collected (and broken) a few of their 6 inch line so I don't want it to be super fragile
Thanks!

Well, the prototype shown looks like a straight repaint (and not a very good one at that - in my humble opinion), unlike the small version which is shown with the new articulation, so who knows... judging from the pics of the prototype, I'd buy the older version.

3Qz6aU8.png

sR99lr0.png

8PcKHGj.png

Thanks. :)

Been making up for the time I was absent since the board migration essentially made the forum unusable to me, but at least I can log in now.

Wow love the white background man do they pop off the screen lol

Those are actually screenshots from my video camera which has an amazing level of focus whenever there is a solid white background behind the items. Combine that with three of those MountDog studio lights (two up front and one behind my review table to generate light from behind) and it has a surprisingly crisp result.

Great diorama photos, guys. In particular, I had a good chuckle at your shot of the queen and newborn, VanZerg. I admire the people who put in the effort to put together and set up such dioramas. It really takes these figures from toys to mini movie characters.

In a recent twitter comment, Randy tempers expectations for NYCC by implying that there won't be any new Alien reveals at this weekend's comic convention. Since they have to share a booth with Kid Robot, he says they'll have a smaller showing, specifying that it'll be mostly Turtles and Horror this weekend and that Alien reveals will happen later this fall.

Yeah, saw that. Nothing but horror and Gremlins of late.

-edit - and it's October now, Halloween month, so it's going to continue being nothing but horror for awhile.

Last edited:
Well I finally got my hands on a quarter scale big chap and I?m blown away at how amazing it looks at the price point. So happy to finally have this in my collection JLY9btr.jpg Zyz6tpm.jpg

8 more to go to complete the kenner aliens.

Bull Alien
Killer Crab Alien
King Alien
Night Cougar Alien
Panther Alien
Wild Boar Alien
Arachnid Alien
Swarm Alien

Back