NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't see that picture unfortunately.
Image didn't work for me either.
Hmmm... not sure why I've forgotten how to insert an image. Here's the original tweet instead: New Queen has greater ROM in neck.
The third picture shows it best.

Also provided in this tweet (though without sufficient photo evidence), the inner jaws have been modded to sit at a better angle rather than pushing up against the top teeth like they do on the ALIENS version. And here's the tweet where she says hips and shoulders have more ROM as well.

Have to say aswell that even tho not much a fan of resurrection the set is pretty great and especially the swimming Xeno is now one of my favourite pieces of the collection
af81e5cfa8f86871d1bc6016cf21b09a.jpg
d53c60e5f2b33975822eda35c558d173.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Nice collection VLAGAS.

I kinda regret not getting the Prometheus and Covenant stuff now. As with Resurrection I don't consider them true canon but considering I am now buying the Resurrection line there's no longer a consistent reason to not have Prometheus and Covenant represented in my collection. The Prometheus stuff in particular stands out nicely with those spacesuits. Alas some of them are very rare and expensive now. Same with AvP. I started that line only 2 years ago and by now I've got a lot of what I would consider essential but not everything. Still don't have the Elder Predator, the standard Warrior Alien, the Rivalry Reborn 2 pack or the pillars.

Hmmm... not sure why I've forgotten how to insert an image. Here's the original tweet instead: New Queen has greater ROM in neck.
The third picture shows it best.

Also provided in this tweet (though without sufficient photo evidence), the inner jaws have been modded to sit at a better angle rather than pushing up against the top teeth like they do on the ALIENS version. And here's the tweet where she says hips and shoulders have more ROM as well.

I'll have to try that with the blue Queen. Though I hate disturbing her in my display as she can be difficult to get back into the position I want. However, I have a feeling I've never gotten her crown to go that far upright so there might be some truth to this.

Have to say as well that even tho not much a fan of resurrection the set is pretty great and especially the swimming Xeno is now one of my favourite pieces of the collection . . .

Would you (or someone else) please point me at a site to order this? - is it NECA (or someone else)? / when released? / asking price?

I really don't remember seeing this :panic:

Ah - right :slap

Thanks mate!

Yeah sorry my bad, I was just using the stand from the Newborn which works perfectly.

The Newborn has peg holes in feet you can use, and or it is actually possible to get it to stand by itself, tho it will probably eventually fall over.

Nice collection VLAGAS.

I kinda regret not getting the Prometheus and Covenant stuff now. As with Resurrection I don't consider them true canon but considering I am now buying the Resurrection line there's no longer a consistent reason to not have Prometheus and Covenant represented in my collection. The Prometheus stuff in particular stands out nicely with those spacesuits. Alas some of them are very rare and expensive now. Same with AvP. I started that line only 2 years ago and by now I've got a lot of what I would consider essential but not everything. Still don't have the Elder Predator, the standard Warrior Alien, the Rivalry Reborn 2 pack or the pillars.

Thanks! Yeah if you get a chance I'd definitely recommend picking up the prometheus and covenant figs. I'd love nothing more than for Signourey Weaver to get one more movie as a follow up from Aliens somehow respectfully ignoring the sequels, but we'll see.

Have somehow ended up dedicating a
room to the alien collection, I'll have to post a full pic once it's all completed.

Well, it was play-day yesterday, as I got Ripley 8, the A:R warrior and the Newborn.

I have the feeling NECA have lost me. Even thou I had ordered all those figures, I really wasn't too excited about getting them, and when I opened them, I wasn't too excited about them either.
I'll start with the warrior.
One of my main reasons for loving NECA was Kyle's work: the man had a passion for all things Alien and Predator, and he was unapologetic about striving for accuracy. And for the record, I know how much he suffered with the work the factories did. Now I look at this warrior and I just can't get past the use of the AvP feet (completely wrong), the inaccurate hands (unless there were some animatronic hands that I've never seen) and the goddam stuck joints and cheap, soft plastic. I mean, I know the A:R alien was the basis for the AvP one, but anybody can see those damn feet are completely wrong. Even the head has a weird shape to it. And this alien is really easy to research, there's props everywhere...
So, while it's a nice figure, with lots of articulation, it really fails to excite the purist in me. And I have little tolerance for stuck joints nowadays.

The Newborn is quite impressive, but also a mess. Like the sculpt and paint apps, but the joint in the head looks terrible, and on mine the gap between the two pieces is huuuuge, so it only looks decent from the front... but then you notice the completely misaligned lower jaw... The stand is nice and useful, but then again, it would be impossible to keep the figure upright without it.

Ripley 8 is the best of the bunch, but also the one I was least interested in, having gotten her only out of complete-ism... Paint apps are clean, the likeness is there, no stuck joints. Really, a very well done figure. But she's huge! I don't have my other Ripleys at hand, but she looks way too tall.

So yeah, that's my "review".

Interesting. I'm in no position to argue about the Resurrection Warrior or the Newborn but Ripley is really no taller than the other Ripley figures. So at least there's that.

This is something I've had for about a year now, there is a very talented guy in the uk who made this for Neca scale. The likeness is fantastic and I was looking into whether we could get it to a point where it's finished - painted and ready to be fitted so we can get it into more peoples hands and complete collections, that might otherwise always be missing key pieces like this.

However unfortunately it looks like the cast could be lost after a house move and cost wise we'd be talking somewhere near ?50 a piece... so for now unfortuantly the project has been shelved.

A) Is this something you guys would be interested in?

B) What do you guys think price wise? I know it's expensive but is only an estimate. Problem is small runs for things like this cost alot - and when it comes to stuff like the painting would be done proffessionally as we all know how sculpts can look before and after.

C) If we cannot find old cast what other characters would you like to see done?

Wouldn't cover what's already been done by neca and Kane was perfect as we already have his body and just needed the head sculpt. Thinking Apone seems next best bet as a custom body is not too hard to do and people will already have one done and I'd imagine would go for something like this.
a163716aa319f009688df7cc0d0f5862.jpg

i'd definitely want it, though an intact helmet visor would be needed, too.

Interesting. I'm in no position to argue about the Resurrection Warrior or the Newborn but Ripley is really no taller than the other Ripley figures. So at least there's that.

You?re right, I dug out my other Ripleys and they are all the same size...
Must be the outfit that makes Ripley 8 look so tall.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

I have every Alien but i?m not buying the AR warrior I just can?t justify paying for the same head, torso, thighs, arms and feet again just with a new coat of paint which doesn?t seem the right color anyways which is a shame because I really loved their slimy look in what I consider to be a really crappy movie lol

That newborn is one of the dumbest creature designs ever to grace modern cinema.

I'll have to try that with the blue Queen. Though I hate disturbing her in my display as she can be difficult to get back into the position I want. However, I have a feeling I've never gotten her crown to go that far upright so there might be some truth to this.
I can say that my Queen's crown definitely doesn't want to articulate anywhere near to that extent.

...there is a very talented guy in the uk who made this [custom Kane head sculpt] for Neca scale...
A) Is this something you guys would be interested in?
Yes, definitely.

B) What do you guys think price wise?
If it's for a character whom NECA will never get likeness rights, and the finalized appearance of the painted cast fits in well enough with the other figures in our collections, then I'd say your estimate of $50 is a very fair deal.

C) If we cannot find old cast what other characters would you like to see done?
Apone is an obvious choice since, as you mentioned, he'd be pretty easy to customize with a spare Windrix body. Crowe would be another easy custom - just need an extra Frost - though likely wouldn't grab as much interest as Apone. If your contact were able to create articulated bodies, several of the Alien 3 prisoners had similar enough wardrobes that a handful could be made utilizing just one lower body sculpt crossed with 2 or 3 upper body sculpts. I would go absolutely nuts if I could add a Fiorina Prisoner or 5 to my collection... though I might be the one and only customer on that front!:rotfl
As for Kane, I've still got my fingers crossed that NECA might be able to work some magic with Hurt's estate for the 40th anniversary collection, so I'd wait until that line runs its course before splurging on a custom solution.

That newborn split head joint has to be one of the dumbest aesthetic engineering decisions NECA has ever made.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe i will put a condom over this head joint. (they have used condoms for the big chaps mouth in the movie)
This will hide the joint and it will be still flexibel and smooth. yes im serious.

my shipment today.

20190919_112716.jpg

Have to say aswell that even tho not much a fan of resurrection the set is pretty great and especially the swimming Xeno is now one of my favourite pieces of the collection
af81e5cfa8f86871d1bc6016cf21b09a.jpg
d53c60e5f2b33975822eda35c558d173.jpg

That's... that's.... a shrine!

Back