NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, it had interesting ideas, but the finished product didn't really work.
It's my least favorite Alien movie. Well, actually, no... my least favorite Alien movie is AvP-R. That thing is unwatchable.

Resurrection is like fan fiction. An interesting take, but completely unnecessary. We got some great toys out of it, though. The designs are just fun, even if a bit silly.

I think I prefer those because of the David character and the brief wonder that Prometheus did elicit about humanity meeting another intelligent Alien race.

Love the MOC Ripley line up at the end. I'd kinda like to the be able to do that but I've been an opener all this time so I'd have to track down the whole lot of them.

and @ VanZerg, nice job with the hot glue.

Thank you I love how MOC looks!! Still holds the magic!!!

I think I prefer those because of the David character and the brief wonder that Prometheus did elicit about humanity meeting another intelligent Alien race.

Agreed. With all its faults, Prometheus is a very good Sci-Fi movie.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Saw Ripley and the Newborn at Target today. Didn't pick either up as I was there to check if the Resurrection Warrior was in stock (it wasn't), but I was quite impressed with the visual quality of the others. Might get Ripley at some point since her figure is so well done. Very clean paint app, not bad at all for NECA.

Not sure about the Newborn. While I like the figure overall, that neck joint is an eyesore and I'm not sold on the likeness. Something about the face sculpt just doesn't evoke the character the way other collectibles do, either high- or low-end. Maybe it's the distance between the eyes. Or the paint around them isn't quite dark enough to feel like a socket.

I finished up an Apone for my squad this weekend.
4fhpE52.jpg

g7tJ414.jpg

CpDlvsm.jpg

phyNAAE.jpg

Really don't know much about accuracy with Alien Resurrection but I will say they are quality figures. Got Ripley and 2 Warriors today and they're pretty damn good.

I wish the Ultimate Aliens Warrior had been done to this standard. Why do figures from crappy movies seem to get superior treatment oftentimes?

Meanwhile this Ripley 8 is probably the best Ripley aswell. Awesome sculpting and proportions, the basketball is such a cool inclusion and they provided an extra set of specific hands for it (NECA usually aren't good for alternate hands) and the guns - weird designs though they may be - are beautifully done with great paint and no warping.

I'm so pleased with these I'm probably gonna buy that Queen. I did complain that it was lazy and cheap just to repaint the Aliens Queen and not provide her pregnancy belly but the Resurrection paint scheme looks very nice in videos I've looked at so **** it, might aswell go completist on the line and get a solid Resurrection corner going.

Last edited:
I'm so pleased with these I'm probably gonna buy that Queen.
Someone who I follow on twitter claims that the Resurrection Queen has more range of motion in the neck so that she can tilt her head way down the way we all wish the blue Aliens version could do. Same person also claims the Res Queen has more mobility in her hips and shoulders compared to the blue Queen. If true, it makes me wonder if NECA has re-tooled the figure in preparation for an eventual re-release of the ALIENS Queen to coincide with a hive diorama.

It makes sense for the Res Queen to be able to look down more given the birthing position she's in in the movie so I don't know if that would necessarily mean they have in mind the Aliens hive - but it could.

I can't remember exact answers but the Ovipositor was never ruled out by Randy. That'd probably be expensive as hell after shipping & customs but I'd have to get it, one of those obscene spends that I'd allow myself to do.

Someone who I follow on twitter claims that the Resurrection Queen has more range of motion in the neck so that she can tilt her head way down the way we all wish the blue Aliens version could do. Same person also claims the Res Queen has more mobility in her hips and shoulders compared to the blue Queen.

Are you sure? I watched different review on youtube but I don't notice any differences.

Are you sure? I watched different review on youtube but I don't notice any differences.
I'm definitely sure of what was said, though I'm not able to validate the claim of improved articulation since I don't have the Resurrection Queen myself.

It makes sense for the Res Queen to be able to look down more given the birthing position she's in in the movie so I don't know if that would necessarily mean they have in mind the Aliens hive - but it could.

I can't remember exact answers but the Ovipositor was never ruled out by Randy...
To be posed on her ovipositor (esp. as she appeared at the moment when Ripley first stumbled into the nest) the Aliens Queen would also benefit from improved neck and hip articulation as well. That, and Randy's past tweets RE: a hive diorama (which I can't exactly recall either) are why my speculations took me where they did when I heard that the Res Queen had been given those exact improvements.

edit: I think there may have been a photo of the Res Queen associated with the original tweet that I mentioned. Lemme dig through my likes to see if I can find it.

Image didn't work for me either.

I've found by adding heat you can get MUCH higher ranges of movement with NECA figures than you would first assume.

Back