NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like a job for the hairdryer. Heat up each relevant area and try again.

:lol

Seriously though, when people on twitter inquired recently about the Resurrection Queen is this really what Randy thought they had in mind - a straight-up repaint of the existing figure....

Doubt it, but Randy's lazy.

I suppose this is a good release for those who preferred the brown xenos over the blue. Now they can have a brown queen to match their brown xenos.

Yeah I will skip it as I got my Aliens Queen.
One thing i HATE about the queen package is NECA choosing to provide such a cheap plastic peg for the stand and then not offering replacements!

I'm sure the Resurrection queen was made as a simple repaint for cost reasons, but I wonder if it might sell better than a "Newborn birth diorama" queen as well. I suspect the average buyer prefers a normal looking queen over that very specific and weird scene. Just a thought.

Weird for them not to include it as some sort of "attachment" piece though. Just NECA being lazy.

I'm sure the Resurrection queen was made as a simple repaint for cost reasons, but I wonder if it might sell better than a "Newborn birth diorama" queen as well. I suspect the average buyer prefers a normal looking queen over that very specific and weird scene. Just a thought.

They could just rerelease the Aliens version for those people - and they have, multiple times now.

Weird for them not to include it as some sort of "attachment" piece though. Just NECA being lazy.

And it's not like they'll release that separately.

Last edited:
I think this version because of the color scheme will look great with my Brown Warrior Aliens since it basically is a repaint of the Queen which has been release like 3times now.

Wouldn't be surprised at all if a womb attachment with an especially slimy Newborn is a convention exclusive at some point.

The Prodos AVP board game is suddenly and unexpectedly being discontinued at the end of this month and this was their statement:

"Fox as we know have been bought by Disney.

Disney in there logic have decided AvP to be non-profitable

compared to the individual Alien or Predator franchises.

They must of thought the films sucked.

So Fox/Disney have not renewed any AvP license for anybody."

-Simon C Day, Prodos Games

Sounds like their license to sell runs out at the end of the month and Disney have stated they will no longer be any AVP...

If this is the case then Neca really needs to get out any AVPR stuff before their license ends and reschedule their releases to have any chance of completing the collection with the AVPR lineup.

Sounds like their license to sell runs out at the end of the month and Disney have stated they will no longer be any AVP...

If this is the case then Neca really needs to get out any AVPR stuff before their license ends and reschedule their releases to have any chance of completing the collection with the AVPR lineup.

How would they have any chance of doing that at this point. I hope there's a misunderstanding here.

Yeah I hope so too, I've asked for clarification through my trade account with them. Like you said probably too late for Neca to do anything if this is the case, unless because they've already got prototypes and have spent money on these upcoming product releases, that they will be allowed to release them and just not create anything further?...

Along with the end of month discontinuation statement, Prodos did also launch some final products. However as Disney would have only just made this decision to cut AVP, it's doubtful that Prodos didn't have any other upcoming future releases in the pipeline...

I mean sure the films suck but AvP action figures sell very well, at least it seems to me. If this is true I hope NECA can get some sort of exemption that'll allow them to continue.

I was looking forward to the new AvP:R line and also would have availed of hypothetical future AvP 1 reissues.

Just because Prodos' license expired at the end of the month, are we sure NECA's did? Surely Disney has to honor any agreement already in place. Buying a new company doesn't mean all their debts are cancelled, so there is little chance their contracted incomes cancelled either. Prodos says they didn't renew for 'anybody', but how many 'somebodies' had contracts that terminated if the ownership transferred? I'm guessing few if any. I'm not buying it. NECA is probably fine. ...unless I missed something glancing over the 'announcement'.

That's correct doubt Disney can just cut everyones license so timing wise Neca's license probably doesn't expire at the end of this month like prodos. But it will have a renewal date, could have been last month, next month, at the end of the year, who knows.

When it does come up tho sounds like Disney won't be renewing any AVP stuff so if neca haven't released by then, there's a huge chance its never going to make it to the factory.

And what are the chances of Neca changing up their release schedule and everything just for AVPR.

Last Randy said on the AVPR scene was they are almost a year away. 1st February 19

I can understand not licencing any new AvP stuff, like board games, video games, movies, etc., but it doesn't make sense to not to make products based on the already existing AvP films. That's just cutting off your nose to spite your face. Disney loses nothing by selling licences to make products based on pre-existing characters/creatures. It requires zero new investment and can only make money for them, unless I'm missing something.

Back