NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Neca Aliens Series 12 by scarrviper, on Flickr

Picked these two up tonight at the local collectables store.

I was really hoping Neca would make these two particular variants of Ripley and Vasquez, and I have to say I'm very pleased with how both of them turned out. The quality is solid on both. Clean paint apps, and no stuck or overly loose joints. Oddly enough, the only issue I had was that Vasquez's right leg had not been attached to the hip joint all the way. Easily fixed by heating the leg with a hairdryer, popping it off and then popping it back on all the way. What's crazy is that this is the same leg that my first Vasquez had an issue where the hip joint was stuck and would not move forward or backward until many months later it freed itself at random.

Toys r us locally didn't have the new wave but they had this oddity, head was no where in the packaging
9748171e0befd88207b76beb4749e8f2.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I wonder if it'd be possible (or if it would look good at all) to kitbash Ripley's Bomber jacket onto the Newt figure - for the Ops/air ducts scenes...I mean you'd have to destroy a Ripley figure to do it because the jacket isn't separate from the jumpsuit....ehh, probably couldn't work.

Ripley by scarrviper, on Flickr

I'm glad we finally got this version of Ripley. I only have two gripes - First, the muzzle flash accessory (at least on mine) does not like to stay attached at all, though Vaz's is easy to put on and stays on with no issues. Second, is that I feel there was a missed opportunity with this release. They could have added a swappable pair of arms like they did with Alien3 Ripley so we could also have the jumpsuit version all in one package. She's still a good figure, I just wish she had come with more than just the pulse rifle and effect.

Ripley by scarrviper, on Flickr

I'm glad we finally got this version of Ripley. I only have two gripes - First, the muzzle flash accessory (at least on mine) does not like to stay attached at all, though Vaz's is easy to put on and stays on with no issues. Second, is that I feel there was a missed opportunity with this release. They could have added a swappable pair of arms like they did with Alien3 Ripley so we could also have the jumpsuit version all in one package. She's still a good figure, I just wish she had come with more than just the pulse rifle and effect.

Nice pic!

I have the same problem with the muzzle flash on both ripley and vas - neither will stay on at all. I agree, neca should've gave this ripley the alien 3 treatment for two looks in one with removable bomber and arms.

I got the Arsenal set delivered today and it's really nice. The helmet is nearly completely hollow and looks good on just about everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got the Arsenal set delivered today and it's really nice. The helmet is nearly completely hollow and looks good on just about everyone.

That's good news for me on the helmet, i was hoping it was able to fit windrix. Have you tried the muzzle flash from Vasquez on the sentry gun yet? If so, does it fit????

Well we'd need another one anyway. My vote would be Ops battle Ripley - headset and with jumpsuit partially open.

I would be ok with that but neca will probably be to lazy/cheap to sculpt the headset or open the jumpsuit and just use the same damn Ripley head sculpt again.

Yes, I tried the smart gun flash and it's too small for the sentry gun. Like the new Vasquez and Ripley, the pulse rifle flash is tough to get on and falls off fairly easily.

Yes, I tried the smart gun flash and it's too small for the sentry gun. Like the new Vasquez and Ripley, the pulse rifle flash is tough to get on and falls off fairly easily.

Darn! Do you mean the fitted end of the effect is too small or the blast effect is out of scale. If the flash is in scale i might get some putty or something to get it to stay in place but be removable.

a86a48caf7e7a0f6cd8ee62c669c6145.jpg
ce442b35b57dc3e7650ee034b68a4592.jpg

This is as close as I could get it. A little easy modding would probably make it look good but otherwise I couldn't get it to shoot straight

a86a48caf7e7a0f6cd8ee62c669c6145.jpg
ce442b35b57dc3e7650ee034b68a4592.jpg

This is as close as I could get it. A little easy modding would probably make it look good but otherwise I couldn't get it to shoot straight

That looks good to me, thanks for the pics. I get my arsenal sets either tomorrow or thursday.

Back