NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The young voice took me by surprise - not a reviewer who's ever popped up in my youtube searches.
I
I'm also surprised that these are out so early.

I've seen several of his reviews, for a young kid he does ok but you can tell he's not as versed as most of us in the alien universe are - i still give him lots of credit though! Still waiting for a Ripley in bomber review.

I'm surprised too how quick wave 12 was released, i think Alien Covenant getting moved up really slowed things down but they seem to be back on track now. As a club member i would like to know what the EOY exclusive is before committing to a Kenner wave 13 which will most certainly be the last wave to complete the club requirements for 2017. If they reveal the exclusive before wave 13 hits and its not worth getting i wont bother buying wave 13 so I'm guessing Neca will keep the exclusive from us until after wave 13 is released.

What do you guys think, will wave 13 be released in 2017 and a required purchase for the EOY exclusive?

The young voice took me by surprise - not a reviewer who's ever popped up in my youtube searches.

I'm also surprised that these are out so early.
He's been first several times now, as another of my most frequently watched reviewers (Nicholas Hostetter) also commented.

I've seen several of his reviews, for a young kid he does ok but you can tell he's not as versed as most of us in the alien universe are - i still give him lots of credit though! Still waiting for a Ripley in bomber review. ...

I'm usually put off when I hear it's a younger reviewer, but as you say he does very well. I wish we had these figures when I was a kid. :) Had the Kenner of course, but these are what I wanted.

And yes, looking forward to Bomber Jacket Ripley review.

Vasquez looks excellent. Impressed with all the special details, USCM/Sulaco patch, the LOCO on her back.

The pulse rifle looks to have taken a bit of a dive in QC though. The metallic scratches already became more cartoonish on the Rescuing Newt & Ripley 2 pack, but they've really been slapped on here. Maybe it's just a particularly bad one. Not a big deal, the figure is killer, can fix up/substitute the rifle.

... I'm surprised too how quick wave 12 was released, i think Alien Covenant getting moved up really slowed things down but they seem to be back on track now. As a club member i would like to know what the EOY exclusive is before committing to a Kenner wave 13 which will most certainly be the last wave to complete the club requirements for 2017. If they reveal the exclusive before wave 13 hits and its not worth getting i wont bother buying wave 13 so I'm guessing Neca will keep the exclusive from us until after wave 13 is released.

What do you guys think, will wave 13 be released in 2017 and a required purchase for the EOY exclusive?

I think it will be released in 2017. Not sure it'll hit for me in the UK in 2017 though. :(

And I think they'll definitely hold the EOY figure until the last minute, after wave 13. I'll be very surprised, if I at least, get that for the end of the year as well. Probably more like January/February.

Also, probably reading too much into it, and we all know the Kenner Cardboard Space Bases are included in the Alien Club, but the FAQ also says:
  • surprise Club-only bonus items shipped with select releases;
  • an end-of-year Club-exclusive figure for qualifying members;
  • and more...
Still wondering if this is true. There have been no surprises yet. And certainly nothing more. I'm not expecting much, I'm happy enough with the pricing for the figures I want, and with the access to the SDCC exclusive (even if this time it's not one I really wanted).

NECA‏@NECA_TOYS 19h19 hours ago

NECA Retweeted
Afraid the audience is not quite big enough. The colonial Marines are a great barometer to judge by

More
Any chance of doing starship trooper figs? That would be right up your alley @NECA_TOYS

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I really don't get this statement by Randy. The latest colonial marine offerings have been selling really well as far as I can see.

So, The Devil's Backbone and Coraline have a large enough following to warrant figures but not Starship Troopers..??

I know, preaching to the choir, but some Mobile Infantry and Bugs would be awesome.

I hear ya! I think a lot of what they will and will not make is based on what they personally like. I know sales projections and likeness rights also are big driving factors too but like you said - Coraline and the zombie bomb boy but no to figures we've been begging for (John Connor and others). When its something they don't want to do or don't like the fall back answer is sales projections, too niche, not interested or the likeness issues that they may not really want to pursue.

The Drake/Mark Rolston situation seems from the outside to be the standard likeness rights answer then Mark reaches out to Neca as if they never tried to contact him. I could be wrong but i seem to remember Randy suggesting that they had been trying but couldn't reach a deal with Mark. Doesn't seem like they tried to me.

Very grateful for what they have done, don't get me wrong but there's still a lot more we would buy to complete our collections.

Coraline - really? Nothing against the handful who wanted her :).

I would literally throw money at NECA if they did Starship Troopers. Those were my favorite toys as a kid aside from the old Kenner Aliens stuff.
There's a lot of potential between the live action movies and the new animated movies. I'd say the animated series but that doesn't get brought up very often.

I would literally throw money at NECA if they did Starship Troopers. Those were my favorite toys as a kid aside from the old Kenner Aliens stuff.
There's a lot of potential between the live action movies and the new animated movies. I'd say the animated series but that doesn't get brought up very often.

Starship troopers had good moments and real cheesy moments - i did enjoy it though. Armored troopers and bugs would make for an awesome display. The troopers were basically the same in terms of armor sort of like the Marines from Aliens so a base body would work for several different troopers and i'm sure the main arachnid bug would sell multiples for a lot of collectors. I would definately buy both and set up a display!

Rico's Roughnecks was pretty good!

If anything, I'd bet they'd wait for the reboot.

I would love to see some Mobile Infantry figures though.

GaloobWarriorSST.jpg
My Galoob Large Electronic Warrior. Pretty toyish, but as good as it gets right now, and looks good from a distance.

I'm in agreeance with you all. Would love some good Starship Troopers figures. I saw that tweet, threw in my like, 26 currently.

I can appreciate their position though. In my mind the biggest problem is scaling. The bugs are big! Even the Warrior. And everything else just gets bigger.

Still, I'd be fine with just a Warrior. And I suspect, like myself, a lot of people would buy multiples. For of course, they are a horde, perfect army builder.

It's always sad to see them invest in new tooling for doomed franchises, Valerian being a current example. Of course they couldn't of known that. And they have to try and strike while the iron is hot. Things like Coraline, yeah I guess it has it's market, but I agree it does seem niche.

As for Aliens, and Rolston's likeness, it does seem weird the way the exchanges seem to imply no previous contact. My guess would be that they are just taking there time, staggering the releases to draw the line out as far as they can. And perhaps they saw no reason to contact him yet, based on that strategy. Possibly he heard from Goldstein about her figure when they were doing an event, along with fans, and that accelerated things. Who knows?!

Anyway I'm sure we'll get our Drake. Just hope he comes with alternate acid burnt face. Although if NECA went the variant figure route I'd happily buy a whole second figure. Heck I'll do that anyway if it's just a extra head.

Oh and here's that Bomber Jacket Ripley review from PRIME Raptor:

Ripley looks good, great detail on the jacket. Pulse rifle again very sloppy.

Good post!

I'm hopeful we will get Drake in both forms eventually, the 2nd Drake when he dies could come with a 2nd acid burnt headsculpt and they could do the front side of his vest interchangable like the t 1000 - 1 undamaged and a 2nd acid burnt vest piece that could easily swap out. I tweeted Mark asking how things were going with neca and a drake figure but didn't get a respone. Hopefully they have a deal and he just has to keep it quiet. Another good point you made was the actors talking at conventions and reunions about their action figure to actors who don't have a figure yet. This may help us get a few more likeness rights down the road.

Toysrus.com got wave 12 online today and both Ripley and Vasquez are already out of stock. I sure hope they don't end up being like Lambert and almost impossible to find.

According to the BBTS case breakdown ripley and vasquez are only 3 per case. There's a disturbing trend with human figures being short packed lately and getting harder to find - i'm sure tru just got an initial shipment and will get more but rip & vas both sold out in hours while both battle damaged aliens are still in stock. Randy always says human figures dont sell as well as the aliens but both aliens from wave 11 are still easy to find while lambert is not. This is getting frustrating for me since i get multiple human figures, especially the marines while usually only getting one copy of the aliens in the wave.

Toysrus.com got wave 12 online today and both Ripley and Vasquez are already out of stock. I sure hope they don't end up being like Lambert and almost impossible to find.

According to the BBTS case breakdown ripley and vasquez are only 3 per case. There's a disturbing trend with human figures being short packed lately and getting harder to find - i'm sure tru just got an initial shipment and will get more but rip & vas both sold out in hours while both battle damaged aliens are still in stock. Randy always says human figures dont sell as well as the aliens but both aliens from wave 11 are still easy to find while lambert is not. This is getting frustrating for me since i get more human figures than aliens.

Damn, that packout is not the best idea from NECA. A lot of folks are probably going to pass on those damaged aliens, which will hurt sales and lead stores to order less cases of the next wave. I know I was only planning on getting Ripley for sure. BDU Vas is still a maybe for me..

Damn, that packout is not the best idea from NECA. A lot of folks are probably going to pass on those damaged aliens, which will hurt sales and lead stores to order less cases of the next wave. I know I was only planning on getting Ripley for sure. BDU Vas is still a maybe for me..

Exactly, neca thinks everbody will buy up all the aliens no matter what so they put 5 each of the bd aliens in this wave even though a lot of us probably picked up multiples of the hicks & hudson 2 packs with the battle damaged aliens when they came out initially. I remember gohastings back in the day blowing those 2 packs out for around $19 a set so i bought several just for the helmets which they foolishly didn't include with series 1 hicks and hudson. I personally think hicks and hudson series 1 without helmets stunted the line initially, i know i found them and not knowing helmeted versions were coming passed on the first wave because i was so pissed they didn't come with their helmets. The line definately has had a resurgence with the humans from aliens with the line expanding and helmetted versions of the marines being released and re-released.

They are back up at TRU.

Lol - i just checked and saw them back up so i ordered 1 of each. Sorry all, i guess i overreacted but the short pack stuff is starting to remind me of the old mcfarlane bs which was just one of the many reasons i gave up on buying anything mcfarlane.

That's cool. I just popped into the thread after I ordered and had to do a double take. Did I not just order them or did I get put on some sort of wait list. Went back and checked.:lol

Exactly, neca thinks everbody will buy up all the aliens no matter what so they put 5 each of the bd aliens in this wave even though a lot of us probably picked up multiples of the hicks & hudson 2 packs with the battle damaged aliens when they came out initially. I remember gohastings back in the day blowing those 2 packs out for around $19 a set so i bought several just for the helmets which they foolishly didn't include with series 1 hicks and hudson. I personally think hicks and hudson series 1 without helmets stunted the line initially, i know i found them and not knowing helmeted versions were coming passed on the first wave because i was so pissed they didn't come with their helmets. The line definately has had a resurgence with the line expanding and helmetted versions of the marines being released and re-released.

Yeah Im with you on this one. The packout should be reversed in this case.. I bought multiples of those 2 packs too, so these re-releases are useless to me. Now if thry would have at least changed up the damage a bit I would totally bite.

According to the BBTS case breakdown ripley and vasquez are only 3 per case. There's a disturbing trend with human figures being short packed lately and getting harder to find - i'm sure tru just got an initial shipment and will get more but rip & vas both sold out in hours while both battle damaged aliens are still in stock. Randy always says human figures dont sell as well as the aliens but both aliens from wave 11 are still easy to find while lambert is not. This is getting frustrating for me since i get multiple human figures, especially the marines while usually only getting one copy of the aliens in the wave.

My toysRus had a ton of lamberts on the shelf.

My toysRus had a ton of lamberts on the shelf.

From what i've experienced and heard from a lot of other fellow freaks you are in the minority with Lambert's being available since she's only 2 or 3 per case. The closest tru to me is a scalper haven and rarely do i ever find anything, do you ever have problems finding figures at your tru?

From what i've experienced and heard from a lot of other fellow freaks you are in the minority with Lambert's being available since she's only 2 or 3 per case. The closest tru to me is a scalper haven and rarely do i ever find anything, do you ever have problems finding figures at your tru?

I think it depends on how big your city is. Clearwater Florida has things no other toys r us has that I've seen. Like the queen alien , 1/4 figures , and no lambert due to being a popular area

Back