NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How's the 1/4 Big Chap? Any QC to be aware of? I'm getting Predator and I've been thinking about getting BC.

I recently picked one up but the dome had some scuffs, bottom row of teeth were glued in wrong and a leg was warped. You really have to see in hand pics before you commit to avoid the hassle of returns. Also gives you a chance to choose if you want an open or closed lips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I recently picked one up but the dome had some scuffs, bottom row of teeth were glued in wrong and a leg was warped. You really have to see in hand pics before you commit to avoid the hassle of returns. Also gives you a chance to choose if you want an open or closed lips.

Thanks. Which version did you get? I saw a video on YT of it in natural lighting and really liked it.

Thanks. Which version did you get? I saw a video on YT of it in natural lighting and really liked it.

I got the open lipped version which I preferred. In the process of returning it but I luckily found another one with detailed in hand pics that should be here tomorrow. Jaw looked a bit off but should be able to play with it. Even with the defects on the first one I got I was still amazed at the detail and size! Just need a closed mouth P1 pred now

I wonder if he could also be talking about marines from AVP2010? It might be possible considering the Serpent Hunter Pred is from that game.
That'd require a complete re-work of the marine armor though. I wouldn't mind if they sported the armor we have now, but that's better suited for if they got the ACM license.

Actually getting some marines and aliens from the various games would be cool. Despite their ups and downs in quality some of the marine and xeno designs were quite unique and even with the human marines they had enough unique character designs and looks that would lend them well do being figures. I am sure Randy also includes the Kenner marines in that statement too and even then that is cool as the brighter colours and more toy design makes a nice change from the norm.

The Private Army characters from the ACM game would be great bulky armoured figures -

Attachments

• CON_WYPMC.jpg
    CON_WYPMC.jpg
    542.9 KB · Views: 200
I got the open lipped version which I preferred. In the process of returning it but I luckily found another one with detailed in hand pics that should be here tomorrow. Jaw looked a bit off but should be able to play with it. Even with the defects on the first one I got I was still amazed at the detail and size! Just need a closed mouth P1 pred now

Yeah I want the open mouth too, but I'm having trouble finding one.

That's a very good answer. Practically confirms there'll be more marines. He doesn't want to tell us who we'll be getting now when they won't actually be out till 2018 and in the meantime have us tormenting him about who we'll be getting after that.

Any maybe also confirms more stuff to go with said marines, like an APC or Dropship ? :pray:

Any maybe also confirms more stuff to go with said marines, like an APC or Dropship ? :pray:

As much as I'd love that the APC would be a long, long shot and the Drop ship as big as it would be will never happen. The hiya APC is 1/18 scale if I remember right and it's what $275 shipped? Granted it's fully loaded but at 1/10 scale APC would be gigantic and a lot of money even it were just the shell with wheels. Sadly, I just don't see it happening!

The mantis alien showed up today and it has the worst joints I’ve had on a figure. I don’t know if it’s a wide spread issue with this one but mine just buckles under its own weight. Posing it stood upright on its own is impossible and when I try to pose it using the claws as support the arms give out. I’m using an old stand at the moment and still need one of the arm claws on the ground to stop it from taking the stand over with it.
It’s a shame because the sculpt is awesome! I may end up gluing this one into a statue.

mantis 095.jpg

I just picked up the Queen Facehugger at TRU.
It makes me want the 1:4th scale "Dragon" even more now.

I had major issues with the Gorilla Xeno, sonofamother is topheavy. My mantis the issue I had was his head not staying on. Had to glue it on. Joints are ok and can pose it almost with not issues.

The mantis alien showed up today and it has the worst joints I’ve had on a figure. I don’t know if it’s a wide spread issue with this one but mine just buckles under its own weight. Posing it stood upright on its own is impossible and when I try to pose it using the claws as support the arms give out. I’m using an old stand at the moment and still need one of the arm claws on the ground to stop it from taking the stand over with it.
It’s a shame because the sculpt is awesome! I may end up gluing this one into a statue.

View attachment 323008

View attachment 323008

I agree but with the right stand it's pretty cool

I agree but with the right stand it's pretty cool

Damn the red and black paint scheme on the Queen Facehuggers make it look so cool :clap Surprised really how well the red and black looks. Though now I cannot wait for the Alien 3 repaint of the smaller one in the creature pack. The sculpt for the QF is simply elegant yet gross if that makes sense.

View attachment 323008

I've just picked him up and the Queen Facehugger and I have to agree that Mantis is extremely top heavy even for a xeno. Height wise he is impressive but posing him is a ***** at times.

Good to hear it isn't every Mantis and mine is just on the worse side. I might try my luck with a new one once I am caught up because I do like the figure a lot.

The Queen Hugger should be here next and not really expecting too many issues with that one.

Every NECA collector should pick up a bottle of Pledge Future Shine (and a pair of wire cutters). Add one drop and the joint tightens, one bottle will last you forever. I'm able to get my Mantis to stand up straight without needing a stand.

Back