NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is anyone else also really surprised how little attention the video game warriors that were also shown in the diorama are getting ? I admit the hot pink and neon blue shades are a bit much, but they look cool.

Personally I was hoping at SDCC they would of teased some more marine names or the Alien 3 creature pack contents.

No surprise there. Repaints aren't terribly exciting. And at least half the appeal of videogame figures is the boxes they come in.

True. Guessing we won't see those ones then as Randy did say they put them in there to gauge fan reaction but since its so far apparently silent I'm guessing we will not be getting those two variants.

Aliens fans are a pretty small group compared to the broader range of videogame nerds it seems. That, and I don't know many people who could spend a ton of time gushing over Konami's Aliens Arcade game. Except me. I almost had my parents worn down enough to allow me to work one summer (high school) just to buy a full working cabinet.* (There was one at our local theme park I was going to offer several grand for.) All in all, it's probably for best that never came to fruition. I do still dream sometimes, though... :lol

*Of course now, one can just play it on their computer...

(It also seems like Konami is pretty difficult to work with based on some of Randy's comments)

Is anyone else also really surprised how little attention the video game warriors that were also shown in the diorama are getting ? I admit the hot pink and neon blue shades are a bit much, but they look cool.

Personally I was hoping at SDCC they would of teased some more marine names or the Alien 3 creature pack contents.

...they were there as a tease, only to see how much people would want those variants. For instance I'm not interested in the slightest in those and not sure how many would really.

...paid more than I would have liked to get her (and I still have to solve an issue with the seller), but being finally able to see Newt and Ripley together is beyond priceless. This is an amazing figure and I'm glad more people will be able to get her eventually.

IMG_20160810_182742177.jpg

IMG_20160811_092646634_HDR.jpg

Randy didn't say no.

1h
NECA‏ @NECA_TOYS
only if his estate grants use of his likeness, we don't have those rights
Beastboy83go‏ @Jamesashley11
@NECA_TOYS hi question please any chance of aliens private wierzbowski tribute late Trevor steedman figure a fan favourite with aliens fans

I'm guessing most of you twitter users would have seen these tweets but for those who haven't:

NECA: The Aliens Creature Pack is a hit!! You guys proved the right accessory pack can work & in return I've got 3 more in development right now!!

Tweet: three more Alien creature packs?! That's awesome!

NECA: not necessarily all creature let's say a mix of creature and accessory

CARRIE HEN: Didn't get one of these Newt #Aliens figures yet? I'll have some at my table @KCComicCon signed to buy.

Right so couple of talking points here:

1) Glad they had success with the Accessory pack, Sounds like they have changed their mind about the whole "Creature" Packs -NO ACCESSORIES- ordeal and are now talking about mixing Weaponry like a Sentry Gun with Creatures to make an... yes you guessed it "Accessory Pack"

Or at least that's what I hope they are doing, if they just put out a Pack solely with Weaponry / accessories then it could be the last 1 they do, if it doesn't sell well.

I mean let's face it as much as they tried to steer it away, the first "creature" pack was really just an "Accessory pack" anyway because it had the Stasis Tubes.

2) Well the exact same SDCC Newt is officially out of being an exclusive and looks to be at KC Comic Con, (she tweeted that with a picture of sdcc newt). Since they were able to get from what I can tell the same version out of SDCC, that seems to confirm that's also the version Randy is working on for everyone else as well.

If they decided to remove an accessory they would have to create a different clamshell mold which is another cost to them and they've already been able to get the original out of SDCC so what's the point. The only way it would make sense was if they wanted to make a two-pack because Newt is still at risk of peg warming is sold by herself.

This is all of course if Newt will even be sold at Retail.

Interesting also that Neca mentioned they were working on Ripley 8 from Alien Resurrection when another fan asked if they could include a basketball with said figure if they made her. Wonder if thats a nod to the fact she will come with said basketball. Cool to hear that they are working on the Resurrection wave now so hopefully we will get some teasers soon.

Interesting also that Neca mentioned they were working on Ripley 8 from Alien Resurrection when another fan asked if they could include a basketball with said figure if they made her. Wonder if thats a nod to the fact she will come with said basketball. Cool to hear that they are working on the Resurrection wave now so hopefully we will get some teasers soon.

...a basketball accessory would be fun. I can't think of any other accessories she might come with other than her flamethrower.

Just made a thread for this over in the props section. The PO just dropped on BBTS for $224.99.

Kids Logic 1/85th Scale Aliens Floating Dropship:

KLDropship1.jpg

KLDropship2.jpg

KLDropship3.jpg

KLDropship4.jpg

I'm a bit out of the loop here but what's all this latest drama involving Randy being attacked on twitter and YouTube? Is it to do with the whole Newt situation or something else?

I'm a bit out of the loop here but what's all this latest drama involving Randy being attacked on twitter and YouTube? Is it to do with the whole Newt situation or something else?

I was just reading back through the last few hours of tweets and it looks like a couple of people complaining again about Newt being an exclusive. The original tweet that appears to have started it all is unavailable. Also someone else complaining about a QC issue...

Noticed that although I didn't find the original tweets.

It worries me if it's over Newt because if Randy feels he's in a damned if he does damned if he doesn't situation it might be a further dissuading factor in making certain unlikely characters. Personally I'd rather they be made even if as exclusives than not be made at all.

...the whole thing started a few months back, when someone spoke defending his liking of Alien³ and Randy giving his typical "anything but the first two films are crap" comment, that started a back and forth about facts and opinions. The guy was blocked and a couple of days ago posted a long nasty rant against NECA's QC issues, bad customer service and specially against the way Randy represents the company and the way he interacts with people on Twitter. Some people might feel that there's truth on his words, but it's obvious the video was more about his personal beef with Randy. Someone else posted a reaction video in defense of NECA yesterday.

And there's also people who spent a lot of money on Newt and who are angry that Randy said "plan B" came through and will be announced next week, but I mean come on, if they had Twitter accounts and followed NECA they should have known that was a given :p

I watched the video of the guy complaining, he has some valid points. Particularly about QC, but after 19 minutes of his tyrate ( I lost interest). Don't get me wrong, I am not a fan of todays forced PC atmosphere, but at the same time, there is more than one way to make your point ( in most cases), with out resorting to an snide, condesending rant. I dont know if he was tring to be funny or just a jack%@* ( phrasing in a joking manner but being sincere in point of issue ) .

As customers we have all bought poor quality items from company's (NECA being no different). A certain level of issues is to be expected. But #$@ , these are action figures / collectables / " big boy toys " ( apologizes to any female collectors, as I am unaware of the corresponding colloquialism for women............. my attempt to be funny, but failing at it ) what ever you want to call them. We are not talking about a product that requires a recall for safety issues or consumer fraud from a disreputable company.

Speaking for myself (ha ha ) I have had several "out of the box" QC issues, one in particular I am not happy with NECA@ CS, but oh well----- Deal with it or more on. Word of mouth being the best or worse advertisement, NECA should be concerned about customer feedback. Randy, on twitter is a level of proof of that, I am unaware of another company with that active of a response,Q/A system. .......end of defense of NECA

Neca's CS is hard to deal with ( three months after contacted CS, having to re-forward the original email string to multiple CS reps, being put on waiting list) no response, told to returned item for exchange or refund from a store I was at 150 miles away, I said "F-I-D-O" not worth the aggravation.

As consumers we should have a reasonable expectation of having items we are willing to purchase, produced from manufacturer's, and the ability to acquire said items with as little "BS" as possible ( ie: Newt... no need to elaborate ) The mentality that we as consumers should be ecstatic about what we get and move along, doesn't hold up. ( thats a way to see products fail ), A large scale recurring quality issue with products doesn't help sales, as was mentioned in the guys video, I would may a couple extra bucks, if figures did not break in two minutes.

OK.............. I am sorry for the long rant, been a long long day

Back