NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did the mod on the dropship. Thank you for the advice. Definitely was a pain with the diecast, but looks much better now. Also did some mods to the derelict. Repainted it closer to the actual look, angled it like it was in the film, mounted in on the base, and created a (crappy) environment for it. Image1463662240.584012.jpgImage1463662250.479884.jpgImage1463662259.200001.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In a fairly recent post, Randy actually referred to Matthews as "unreachable" or "Can't be reached" (one of those two phrases). He is a man who appreciates his solitude and is on record as having moved at least once to escape public recognition. They never directly said he declined. In fact in 2006 or 07, he was directly quoted as being totally open to a figure so long as "looks like him" (a shot at the hot toys figure) and he "gets paid" but it seems in his older age he has retired away from the limelight and is not an easy man to find.

Also how do you mean 'questionable'? Not worth the hassle or you have a better plan? If the better plan is not doing a Dietrich, then I must respectfully disagree, sir! One way or another, she is needed.

If thats true then its not so much they cannot get his likeness , just that he may be asking for too much for it to be worth it OR he's too hard to reach.

You know, just getting back from looking over the Predator figure topic and seeing how cool the newer releases are makes me excited for the rest of the Alien line down the road. If Vaz and Newt are any indication we are hopefully going to get better and more detailed figures in the line the further it goes on just like the Predator line is getting currently.

Randy is back on Twitter:

NECA ‏@NECA_TOYS 19h19 hours ago
NECA Retweeted
huge announcement and reveal coming possibly on monday
NECA added,
@NECA_TOYS u have been very quiet recently. What miracles do u have in store for us now?!

NECA Retweeted
we sure do - some major news is about to drop within the next week
NECA added,
@NECA_TOYS things have been quiet for a few.Usually this means we have some awesomeness of some sort on the way. How are things going Randy?

NECA Retweeted
so so so so so busy
NECA added,
@NECA_TOYS So so so so so quite..........

And a couple more..

NECA Retweeted
a full on NUKE - believe that
NECA added,
@NECA_TOYS Randy's been puttin in work, when that happens you know he's about to Drop a good news bomb on us!

NECA Retweeted
something great, really really great that i have had in the works for ages
NECA added,
@NECA_TOYS nothing worse when randy hasn't tweeted for days!i have been bored out of my head !must be something good on the agenda #neca

Is there a significance to May 23rd..

NECA ‏@NECA_TOYS 17h17 hours ago
NECA Retweeted
no but there is a reason we are announcing it on Monday.... only hint I am giving
NECA added,
@NECA_TOYS Maybe a monster Monday announcement?

Does the heat applied with hairdryer trick work with the tail-fins and straightening those up on the dropship? I don't own one, but saw one in packaging and it seemed like the packaging is what pushes down the fins. Maybe giving them a blast of hot air, straightening them then cold may help.

And a couple more..

NECA Retweeted
a full on NUKE - believe that

It makes me think of Duke Nukem. Maybe a 1/4 scale version? It probably isn't that, but when he said NUKE, that's what came to mind.

I'm pretty sure the fins are die cast. If so, it wouldn't work. But I will try it this weekend (unless someone else can confirm it is/is not die cast)

The big news could be something else and not aliens related though. CobraShadowJoes has already seen what's in store and said it's going to cause meltdowns.

Couldn't be Mad Max related, surely...

The big news could be something else and not aliens related though. CobraShadowJoes has already seen what's in store and said it's going to cause meltdowns.

Couldn't be Mad Max related, surely...

I admit having Mad Max Mondays would be cool, but is having figures for that movie really that highly wanted by the geek fandom at large ? Enough to cause a meltdown as they are saying this announcement will cause ?

I picked up the 1/4 scale 1979 Alien from a local store yesterday. There were two in the store. One had the translucent lips covering most of the teeth. The other one had shorter lips and more of the teeth were showing. I went for the version with the shorter lips. This is actually going to be a birthday present for me on Sunday. So I haven't gotten to open it yet. It looks really awesome in the package though.

Does this figure need a 1/4 scale figure stand to stand up on a shelf? I may have to order one from eBay if it can't stand up. I had to do that for my Arkham Knight Batman because he kept falling over.

I'm pretty sure the fins are die cast. If so, it wouldn't work. But I will try it this weekend (unless someone else can confirm it is/is not die cast)

I read on YT that the fins are diecast. What a stupid rookie maneuver by Neca. I know I should be happy that I'm getting anything at all, even though it's like having a full belly but the food tasted like ****.

I picked up the 1/4 scale 1979 Alien from a local store yesterday. There were two in the store. One had the translucent lips covering most of the teeth. The other one had shorter lips and more of the teeth were showing. I went for the version with the shorter lips. This is actually going to be a birthday present for me on Sunday. So I haven't gotten to open it yet. It looks really awesome in the package though.

Does this figure need a 1/4 scale figure stand to stand up on a shelf? I may have to order one from eBay if it can't stand up. I had to do that for my Arkham Knight Batman because he kept falling over.

It can stand on its own but I would highly recommend the Kaiser stand to be safe. Its on Amazon and ebay I think the size is the 18 - 26" version, I may have the size wrong but I think that's the one. I got a black one from Amazon for around $10.

Does the heat applied with hairdryer trick work with the tail-fins and straightening those up on the dropship? I don't own one, but saw one in packaging and it seemed like the packaging is what pushes down the fins. Maybe giving them a blast of hot air, straightening them then cold may help.

Poooosssibly.

The bottom fins are diecast, but the the top fins are not. I tried the heat trick to fix the whacky flat top ones, but the problem is the heat causes the glue to let go! Applying pressure to them when hot caused them to lift up off of the tail itself.

What little progress i made by trying to straighten them was quickly undone as they cooled. They want to go back to their regular position.

Maybe if you just commit to taking them off and super heating them, you may have more luck. When I realized the top assembly was coming up I quit applying heat.

It can stand on its own but I would highly recommend the Kaiser stand to be safe. Its on Amazon and ebay I think the size is the 18 - 26" version, I may have the size wrong but I think that's the one. I got a black one from Amazon for around $10.

Thank you for the information. That really helped a lot. I just ordered the 16 to 26 inch stand. I think it might be taller than my stand I got for Arkham Knight Batman, but I'm not sure. The stand for my Batman works, but the part that hold the waist doesn't sit snug in the base. It doesn't fall over so it is ok, but I might have to order another stand in the 16 to 26 inch model if it works better.

Back