NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know, NECA keep saying how they got some huge surprises for everyone for the Aliens line come SDCC, so what do you expect those surprises to be >

Me personally I am hoping they actually say they got the likeness rights to make Apone and most of the marines. Besides that, the far off chance that they are going to do an Alien Queen hive set with the egg sack attachment OR a fully fledged vehicle in the line.
I don't remember him saying it was Aliens-Related.

I don't remember him saying it was Aliens-Related.

I can't remember how it was worded but I got the impression it was Aliens related being that this is the 30th anniversary. Maybe I am just assuming that because of the big 3-0?

I'm looking into customizing a Windrix figure into Apone since we are more than likely never going to get an official one. Are there any good headsculpts out there that are the "go to" heads for an Apone custom?

I contacted a guy on Custom action figures, who made an Apone using a Booker T wrestling figure head, I bought two on ebay one with straight faced and one yelling. The only thing I had to do to was give one a hair cut to fit in the helmet.

Randy gets kind of ticked lately if asked about Apone:

NECA ‏@NECA_TOYS 18h18 hours ago
NECA Retweeted R
No likeness rights and actor is not reachable. What about celebrating what has been achieved so far?

NECA added,
@NECA_TOYS what about Apone?

Randy gets kind of ticked lately if asked about Apone:

NECA Retweeted R
No likeness rights and actor is not reachable. What about celebrating what has been achieved so far?

NECA added,
@NECA_TOYS what about Apone?

I can understand his response. The way the question was phrased comes across a bit petulant.

I can understand his response. The way the question was phrased comes across a bit petulant.

There was this follow up tweet:

NECA Retweeted
Fair enough, appreciate the enthusiasm. Just trying to keep it in perspective to those who lose sight of it all

NECA added,
@NECA_TOYS oh believe me I'm honestly super pumped by what we've got but I'm also greedy and want everyone from the movie on my shelf

I don't dare ask about Apone anymore, it seems to be a sore spot with Neca. I'm sure they have tried but Al is not playing ball. I've never played the game but isn't he featured on Aliens: Colonial Marines or is that a different voice? If it's him why would he do that but not a Neca figure? Oh well, I'm grateful for what they have made and are making but like most this would be a line I'd love to see go even deeper and complete the squad even though I know that's not realistic.

I don't dare ask about Apone anymore, it seems to be a sore spot with Neca. I'm sure they have tried but Al is not playing ball. I've never played the game but isn't he featured on Aliens: Colonial Marines or is that a different voice? If it's him why would he do that but not a Neca figure? Oh well, I'm grateful for what they have made and are making but like most this would be a line I'd love to see go even deeper and complete the squad even though I know that's not realistic.

You got a badass custom Apone now! No need for an "official" one 😀

I've got a handfull of marines but for whatever reason I never actually purchased a Xenomorph (mostly scared off by the historic Neca QC issues).
So what is the best Xeno NECA has at this point?

I've got a handfull of marines but for whatever reason I never actually purchased a Xenomorph (mostly scared off by the historic Neca QC issues).
So what is the best Xeno NECA has at this point?

From my experience the 2 pack Aliens have wonky legs in part due to the packaging but you might have a hard time finding any without some warping on their legs. I can say I've never had any aliens from series 1 on through current break on me yet. Gohastings still has the blue alien warrior for $19.99 plus shipping so if you want some that would be an option or it sounds like Neca may release 2 or 3 packs of the warriors down the road. If you get some that are warped you could always try heating up the leg(s) with a hair dryer the forming it straight while it cools. Oh, the spikey thing that comes out from under the Aliens head on its back always falls out but you can put it right back in place easily.

I contacted a guy on Custom action figures, who made an Apone using a Booker T wrestling figure head, I bought two on ebay one with straight faced and one yelling. The only thing I had to do to was give one a hair cut to fit in the helmet.

I've just bought a Booker T figure, any chance you could let me know what you did to create your custom Apone using Windrix, What you did with his hands etc, This will be my first attempt.
Thanks.

This is my Apone custom made from a Windrix figure. I still have to sculpt the binoculars and paint the movie accurate camouflage from the movie. But the most important thing is done. The head is from a candyman figure.

13233250_10154142837301303_1910157485_n.jpg13183023_10154142837336303_2086956163_n.jpg13235807_10154142837291303_1167193350_n.jpg13233250_10154142837301303_1910157485_n.jpg

One good thing to also come out of that Windrix mould is that customisers do have a good base body to work off of. Still, shame that figure has gotten such a bad wrap for being a no name character since to me at least he is one of the most well produced figures NECA have done in this line.

Back