NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah where hicks miraculously cloned and thats actually who was killed, I mean I love Hicks and all but the mess started with alien 3 and this doesnt help at all.

Who said he was cloned? They just said that wasnt his body in the tube. The headless crushed body could literally be anyone.

They did a horrible job of fleshing it out. The explanation to the question "Well who's body was it?" was lamely passed off by the answer "thats a whole other story" and was totally weak, but that scenario is arguably the most plausible part of the convoluted story!

-WY finds the Sulaco first
-They pull the last surviving marine out of hypersleep to interrogate him.
-Meanwhile WY is doing tests aboard the Sulaco. (clearly evidenced by all the crap you discover on board)
-WY just stuffs an expired test subject in the tube and jettisons all the tubes to eliminate all witnesses before the 'rescue' marines get there. (and the rescue Marines would be looking for Hicks especially because he sent the message).

Boom, alien 3 is going down with Ripley somehow surviving. Crushed head, exploded chest corpse in Hick's tube is assumed to be Hicks. Big deal. Nothing in Alien 3 changed.

Anyways, this got pretty far off topic. SDCC details can't get here soon enough.

Last edited:
Who said he was cloned? They just said that wasnt his body in the tube. The headless crushed body could literally be anyone.

They did a horrible job of fleshing it out. The explanation to the question "Well who's body was it?" was lamely passed off by the answer "thats a whole other story" and was totally weak, but that scenario is arguably the most plausible part of the convoluted story!

-WY finds the Sulaco first
-They pull the last surviving marine out of hypersleep to interrogate him.
-Meanwhile WY is doing tests aboard the Sulaco. (clearly evidenced by all the crap you discover on board)
-WY just stuffs an expired test subject in the tube and jettisons all the tubes to eliminate all witnesses before the 'rescue' marines get there. (and the rescue Marines would be looking for Hicks especially because he sent the message).

Boom, alien 3 is going down with Ripley somehow surviving. Crushed head, exploded chest corpse in Hick's tube is assumed to be Hicks. Big deal. Nothing in Alien 3 changed.

Anyways, this got pretty far off topic. SDCC details can't get here soon enough.

I thought I read it somewhere, oh well doesnt change the fact it sucked. An d if WY found the Sulaco why woud they need to cover up theyre actions? they could easily make everything go away...

Where exactly were you a few months ago when this game went down in history as the biggest screw-up of all time, and Gearbox was sued twice(?) over it?
Happily blasting bugs with Hudson's pulse rifle. :wave

If you enjoyed it, then me telling you that everything about it is awful wouldn't do anything for you.
That just tells me that your dislike for it is largely irrational and incapable of being articulated in reasonable terms.

Likable/memorable characters?
Hey, be fair now. Aliens has what may be the most crowd-pleasing and quotable cast of characters of any movie, ever. It's not exactly a mark of shame to say that Colonial Marines doesn't quite achieve the same, exalted standard. :p

lol.

It's just. It's just a lazy game. The company totally screwed up. And They KNOW they did. The development for this was a complete nightmare.

They rushed this and it shows. The story sucks, the gameplay sucks. the graphics sucks. the ending really sucks, The AI really really sucked.

As a game everything just sucked. Besides being a bad alien game, it was a bad game on itself.
Ah, you played one of the console ports, I see. ;)

I thought I read it somewhere, oh well doesnt change the fact it sucked. An d if WY found the Sulaco why woud they need to cover up theyre actions? they could easily make everything go away...
I don't think so. Hicks and Ripley's treatment of Burke does not, at all, suggest that the USCM is in any way subordinated to "The Company".

This guy is defending Aliens: Colonial Marines. :lol:rotfl:lol

Happily blasting bugs with Hudson's pulse rifle. :wave

That just tells me that your dislike for it is largely irrational and incapable of being articulated in reasonable terms.

Hey, be fair now. Aliens has what may be the most crowd-pleasing and quotable cast of characters of any movie, ever. It's not exactly a mark of shame to say that Colonial Marines doesn't quite achieve the same, exalted standard. :p

Ah, you played one of the console ports, I see. ;)

I don't think so. Hicks and Ripley's treatment of Burke does not, at all, suggest that the USCM is in any way subordinated to "The Company".
You can enjoy whatever you want. Fact is, the game was terrible. It failed in literally every aspect. By today's standards, by last generation's standards...it was a POS. No heart was put into the game, though it was advertised as having more heart than any other. It was all a big, lazy scam basically.

I'm thrilled with how all of series 1 turned out for Neca Aliens and eagerly anticipate the new announcements at SDCC. I'm astounded by how many people belly ache over the eye alignment on their Hudson but aren't capable of fixing it. If you're an adult collector, shouldn't you know how to apply one dot of white paint with an applicator, and then one dot of black paint in the middle of the eyeball? I mean I know we shouldn't have to necessarily fix this, but what's stopping you guys? For the record I actually didn't have to fix my Hudson which wasn't cross eyed.

This guy is defending Aliens: Colonial Marines. :lol:rotfl:lol

You can enjoy whatever you want. Fact is, the game was terrible.
I think I'll try that logic on for size:

"You can hate whatever you want. Fact is, the game was pretty good."

Irrefutable, yes? :p

It failed in literally every aspect. By today's standards, by last generation's standards...it was a POS. No heart was put into the game, though it was advertised as having more heart than any other. It was all a big, lazy scam basically.
How, exactly? These vague, blanket assertions are not at all helpful in establishing your case.

There's literally nothing in the game that's good. How more articulate do I need to be?
The fact that you apparently cannot cite even one specific example is hardly convincing (though, of course, your judgment ought to be discounted in the first place simply for apparently having enjoyed those execrable AvP movies enough to take your user-name from a character from the same, but that's beside the point).

At least now we know that Randy Pitchfrod has an acc on SF.
Heh, I wish...

So NECA twitted they´ll be making a Bishop figure in 2014. I wonder if we´ll get a Power Loader.
I wonder if the "special" helmetless Marine with a flamethrower will be "Hive Retreat Drake" or something equally scene-specifically-silly...

...(though, of course, your judgment ought to be discounted in the first place simply for apparently having enjoyed those execrable AvP movies enough to take your user-name from a character from the same, but that's beside the point).

LOL
(I thought the same thing. Even discounting the movie around him and going only on the character, he dudnt actually. ..do anything ).

Last edited:
How, exactly? These vague, blanket assertions are not at all helpful in establishing your case.

The fact that you apparently cannot cite even one specific example is hardly convincing.

How about:

1. The AI is borderline abysmal
2. The graphics are underwhelming and were promised to be significantly better (through the initial "gameplay" trailers)
3. The character animation and voice-over timing reeks of last-gen
4. The funds SEGA provided Gearbox with were focused on Borderlands 2 while A:CM was put on the backburner, which not only represents a blemish on the game, but on the developer themselves

In the spirit of crappy entries in the Alien franchise, "any questions?"

How about:

1. The AI is borderline abysmal
2. The graphics are underwhelming and were promised to be significantly better (through the initial "gameplay" trailers)
3. The character animation and voice-over timing reeks of last-gen
4. The funds SEGA provided Gearbox with were focused on Borderlands 2 while A:CM was put on the backburner, which not only represents a blemish on the game, but on the developer themselves

In the spirit of crappy entries in the Alien franchise, "any questions?"

This. Don't forget the whole situation with Hicks being alive and switched on the Sulaco though...Jesus Christ. :rotfl:rotfl :slap

What a POS game. Could have been so much more.

Alien and Predator franchises died after the sequels to both. Don't even try mixing them on the big screen. No one has succeeded in doing so.

Back