NECA 7" TDK Joker, Reeve Superman, Adam West Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's my broken one. I'm most certain when I open it the left leg will just fall off completely.

167tlon.png

Actually what that might be is two right legs. My first west batman had that same problem and the same gap. I just thought it needed to be moved when i opened it. Still a crappy defect if so though.

Great pics guyver! Can't wait to find one myself! Chris Reeve Superman is the one I grew up on.

Ok Freaks, now that I am pleased that all three supes I picked up passed the important QC test, I can honestly say this is such a fun piece to pose the flexibility is insane and the detail again is spot on IMO

Honestly aside from people taking it out of the box and finding breakage, I can't understand how they are breaking the joints. I do advise heating them up with a blow dryer or warm water, which I did , then you're good to go.

Again, the key is you have to work the joints in when moving them, there not as fragile as people think they are IMO.

One thing that is annoying is the paint chipping on the wrists, no matter what removing and replacing the fists with hands are going to chip off the wrist joint paint.

Solution just paint the joint over with flesh paint. I did, no more chipping. Don't know how they painted the wrists but it was obviously the cheapest factory paint I ever saw on a wrist joint :slap

Now comes the ordeal how to find him at TRU. This is going to be a task.

Unless they have a big display that leads you in the direction to him like others have reported it's truly a pain.

No display, nothing at the TRUs I got my three CRS.

What happened was I befriended the stocking manager who is there and in charge of all shipping and receiving M-F. All week we've were contacting each other to see when it would arrive. Yesterday he told me the Box came so. I went down there.

this is the kicker it was a gigantic NECA box but when he opened it there were only two Reeve Supes just lying separately by themselves along with actual sealed labeled boxes of the Neca Commando, and couple of other boxes of Neca products that I've seen already like Pacific Rim.

That's it

Just in case we went through and opened all the other Neca boxes, in case some more Supes were mixed in...nope :pfft:

I was shocked no West Batman, no Joker were in this huge box, nada. Again just two Mr Reeve just throw in without a factory sealed box :lecture

Very poor shipping by NECA IMO.

So then I called another TRU after I purchased these two and the guy who was the store manager ( How lucky was that ) told me they had one left, and he held it for me.

When I got it, here's an interesting story how, he explained the same situation..these or at least the Reeve Superman, come separately from the usual mass product of figures that TRU receives on a daily basis.

They ship directly and have been coming separately on a UPS truck so far and he said he unboxed only three Reeve's on Monday which included the last one I picked up. He told me they were in the box floating around unboxed with the other sealed Neca figures that were part of that box.

So I chatted with him since he was the store manager and the conclusion is this, at least for now, since these Reeve's have been shipped only with a UPS truck, they are not in the system. So they can't track them yet.

To add insult, since they can't track them in the system, he advised me that customer service is of no help to us, especially since most of them are " Seasonal " at this time. He advised we just have to find someone in the store like a manager of shipping clerk that knows about these exclusives.

He also said the only way, regrettably is to see when the NECA box arrives by of course calling them on a daily basis.

BTW, TRU doesn't get UPS trucks on Sat or Sun, so don't bother with it on the weekends :lecture

IMO I don't know why Neca decided to ship these like this, again at least with my TRUs in my area, but it is extremely annoying, so I wish people luck in finding Mr Reeve's in store because the manager said to me out of all the three exclusives that are in this set, Heroclix, Joker, West Batman and Reeve Supes. Reeve's is the one they get called on everyday.

Oh I forgot to mention they do receive a UPS shipment truck everyday M-F but Neca isn't always on it..how wonderful :thud:

I

Last edited:
Great, my hopes of finding at least one of these in stores are dwindling fast!

Well I think things will get better as I think the holidays will help strengthen shipments of figures, he told me of course they are already getting more shipments of toys to gear up for the holidays.

So if stores are going to still set up the displays that have been linked, we might have a better run by Xmas.

However, my TRUs, I'm not counting on it. My goal was to find the Reeve superman in store by Black Friday, because I know my TRUs will become of a pain to find exclusives like these because of the increase amount of shoppers they will get in the holiday season.:slap

I still have my first online Reeve coming on Tuesday with another to follow so I'm hoping the QC will pass because I want to get a flawless paint QC free Reeve Supes.:lecture

Last edited:
Tell me about it. Black Friday is a nightmare. Although whatever stock my TRU gets they just put it out immediately. Two years ago I found 2 of the 6 inch boba fett's on the shelves when they were hard to find. But that's hasbro and this is Neca I'm sure the volume produced is vastly different.

Tell me about it. Black Friday is a nightmare. Although whatever stock my TRU gets they just put it out immediately. Two years ago I found 2 of the 6 inch boba fett's on the shelves when they were hard to find. But that's hasbro and this is Neca I'm sure the volume produced is vastly different.

I don't know about your TRUs, but mine after Black Friday up to XMAS have been proven to be unreliable in finding something specific like this. I can't believe it, all 10 TRUs in my area have been untrustworthy over the years. It makes no sense IMO, that not one of them helped me out once Black Friday and the shopping season hits:gah:

I went to my TRU on Weds. I saw this big box with a red NECA sticker on it in the video game/movie section I asked the guy there what came in and he showed me the West Batman and the Ledger Joker. I pulled up the Reeve Superman on my phone and asked about it. He told me that he never saw that and he couldn't check if they even had any because like you said they were never put in inventory to begin with. There's a TRU in a few towns over from my job that I'll try on my lunch break, but I wouldn't know what to ask for.

I went to my TRU on Weds. I saw this big box with a red NECA sticker on it in the video game/movie section I asked the guy there what came in and he showed me the West Batman and the Ledger Joker. I pulled up the Reeve Superman on my phone and asked about it. He told me that he never saw that and he couldn't check if they even had any because like you said they were never put in inventory to begin with. There's a TRU in a few towns over from my job that I'll try on my lunch break, but I wouldn't know what to ask for.

Well you're on the right track because that's exactly the box you want to look for the gigantic box with the Red sticker, chances are he will be in it like it was for me.

They should know by now since I told you that many have bugged TRUs about carrying Mr. Reeve's. If one won't know best to look for a manager in the store. But keep checking regardless:lecture

All in all guys, if you find a QC free Reeve Supes he is definitely one of the best DC based Neca product to own, the detail, posability, body sculpt as well as head.

And yes the design of the joints IMO

It really does look like Christopher Reeve, especially considering the scale. I'll go as far as as to say, it looks more like Reeve than the SSC premium Format....that's right, I've said it :lol

FUMFsB6.jpg

It really does look like Christopher Reeve, especially considering the scale. I'll go as far as as to say, it looks more like Reeve than the SSC premium Format....that's right, I've said it :lol

This figure really does stand out, and not just the sculpt, his body too IMO is the reeve body

Even a simple far off no frills day shot looks like a miniature Reeve in superman attire

Last edited:
Back from TRU. They had nothing. Although there was a shelf tag advertising the figures and the movies. I asked at customer service and not only did the guy no know what I was talking about but he tried to look it up in the computer too even though I told him he would not find it there.

Hi all, Just thought I would show off pics I took. Also a tip to save people a trip to TRU.
Call TRU. Ask them to look up this product code. not the TRU item code the product code.
They will look it up and confirm whats in stock. I asked the girl to tell me what the item says and its DC Superman.

634482614648-DC Superman collectable

:hi5: Thanks for the tips Supernoldy Love your collection and your paint apps on Reeve look flawless

Last edited:
Back