NECA 7" TDK Joker, Reeve Superman, Adam West Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If they're on the pegs, that's because the hardcore have been in and bought all the pretty ones.

I think some folks need to remember, we're not talking Hot Toys here, this is a little 7" thing for $20.

A reminder, there's always this 3.75" from Mattel if people would prefer (with paint flaws);

View attachment 223020

personally I'd rather have this 7" (with paint flaws);

View attachment 223021

Just because it's $20 doesn't mean it'a okay to break or have paint flaws right out of the package. A figure that breaks and/or has QC issues, be it a $10 figure, $20 figure, $50 figure, $80 figure, or $200 figure is just wrong any way you look at it.

I should mention at this point that NECA figures in the UK command a premium, they're generally around the £25 mark, i.e. getting close to $40.

For those having problems
d0cc2de9bc1fed026530a2877a1dd16e.jpg

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I should mention at this point that NECA figures in the UK command a premium, they're generally around the £25 mark, i.e. getting close to $40.

With all these QC issues, maybe it's better that collectors can't get these overseas, just a thought

For those having problems
d0cc2de9bc1fed026530a2877a1dd16e.jpg

I think the WB store is ok to contact as well. Those who have contacted the WB store have replacements coming to them from what I read so far .

Speaking of the WB store, if you look at their feedback on those that ordered the CRS have all had positive results.

I really doubt these customers would lie in the feedback if it wasn't true, otherwise they would put it in the negatives or not leave feedback at all

So I'm sticking to my guns and still think this will truly be the luck on the draw if we get versions with huge QC issues or not. :lecture

No matter their history as a company, I don't see NECA ever releasing Reeves again as a movie accurate 7" figure, at most a comic or video game variation. This deal to do these figures is unique and as long as they can do it, they'll keep releasing new characters each time they do this.

Yeah I was afraid of that, I think Neca doesn't want to step on DCC or Mattel's toes knowing they have rights to DC :pfft:

MaulFan, funny you should mention the videogame version of superman, I wonder if they did this could it be the Taito version of the Superman game

Hint:for those who might not know, it was the superman arcade game that had a red and silver version of him as well as the traditional RYB costume

Another satisfied Instagram

All he said was be aware of the paint QC issues in store , he didn't have any breakage problems yet as we can see :dunno

Mine came out pretty decent. No breakage, the only bad thing is the yellow s is off center on the cape but that's not something that bothers me much. I have one more Superman on the way that should arrive tomorrow. Hopefully, that one's in good shape!

It's weird that we've never gotten a decent Christopher Reeve Superman at this scale before. I think DC Direct is the only company to come close with the New Krypton Superman which is technically based on Gary Frank's art.
b0d8b28d30e6dafcadc894e8acc74529.jpg

At this point, I'm just thankful that Neca is willing to make these at all with all the legal loopholes they have to go through.

Where are people finding shelves full, Ive been to three TRUs and they're all down to like 1 or 2 heroclix guys.

I agree, from my experience too. But at the end of the day, we're in this thread because we care about these... even though we can't just stroll down the road and buy them for $20. Ironic that I'm the one being sanguine about QC at this price point, when we can't get hold of them for anything like the intended price :slap

True. Even though I'm not a fan of Neca's non-standard 7" size, I would've liked the Superman, Batman and Joker figures.

I see some people doing damage control for NECA :dunno

No, it's no ok for a figure, even if it's $20, to break by itself.

And Neca is one of the oldest companies in the market, they deserve all the criticism they can get for stuff like that, they should've figured it out by now.

I see some people doing damage control for NECA :dunno

No, it's no ok for a figure, even if it's $20, to break by itself.

And Neca is one of the oldest companies in the market, they deserve all the criticism they can get for stuff like that, they should've figured it out by now.

I agree 100%. We should not have to boil our figures or treat super-articulated joints, that are meant to be bent and posed, like they are eggshells. Companies like Neca and DC collectibles have been in the game for years now, it's unacceptable. the only way to get them to change their ways is to vote with your wallets. I'm done with Neca, they will get no more of my hard-earned money.

Well I for one have waited too many years for a decent CRS in 6" and 7" and so far this seems to be it , since I don't have room for the 1/4 scale, I really regretted on passing on it. I know I can still get it at a decent price, but I still won't have any room.

I'm going to let myself be my own judge. Meaning, I"ll wait to see this CRS in person either getting him from TRU or receiving my first order next week.

And after I give it the proper dunk to possibly loosen the joints and handle it then I will know once and for all if this is a QC nightmare or just that there are a handful of bad eggs that people are unfortunately getting :lecture

Either way...

I agree 100%. We should not have to boil our figures or treat super-articulated joints, that are meant to be bent and posed, like they are eggshells. Companies like Neca and DC collectibles have been in the game for years now, it's unacceptable. the only way to get them to change their ways is to vote with your wallets. I'm done with Neca, they will get no more of my hard-earned money.
You mention a pretty funny paradox.

NECA: You see all these joints this figure has?
Us: Yeah, they're awesome.
NECA: It even has balljointed ankles and everything.
Us: Ohh cool.
NECA: Yeah, please don't move those...
Us: :^(

It's predictable yes, because we know NECA is prone to ****** QC.

But it's not understandable.

There are ****** $14 Marvel Universe figures that are harder to break than NECA, and will probably last longer too, sorry but if you think it's unacceptable for a figure to break by itself only when you pay hundreds of dollars, then you have the lowest of standards.

Well I for one have waited too many years for a decent CRS in 6" and 7" and so far this seems to be it , since I don't have room for the 1/4 scale, I really regretted on passing on it. I know I can still get it at a decent price, but I still won't have any room.

I'm going to let myself be my own judge. Meaning, I"ll wait to see this CRS in person either getting him from TRU or receiving my first order next week.

And after I give it the proper dunk to possibly loosen the joints and handle it then I will know once and for all if this is a QC nightmare or just that there are a handful of bad eggs that people are unfortunately getting :lecture

Either way...

I hope you get a good one, good luck (seriously, how many times have you had to say this to people buying Toys?).

But you shouldn't dismiss this as "a handful of bad eggs", NECA is well known for this.

You mention a pretty funny paradox.

NECA: You see all these joints this figure has?
Us: Yeah, they're awesome.
NECA: It even has balljointed ankles and everything.
Us: Ohh cool.
NECA: Yeah, please don't move those...
Us: :^(

It's predictable yes, because we know NECA is prone to ****** QC.

But it's not understandable.

There are ****** $14 Marvel Universe figures that are harder to break than NECA, and will probably last longer too, sorry but if you think it's unacceptable for a figure to break by itself only when you pay hundreds of dollars, then you have the lowest of standards.

I hope you get a good one, good luck (seriously, how many times have you had to say this to people buying Toys?).

But you shouldn't dismiss this as "a handful of bad eggs", NECA is well known for this.

Exactly.

Thing is GasparZizou, there are people out there getting good ones. Of course there are people who are totally down on this and don't want to play the game at all. That's fine, I'm just talking up for another perspective, not telling anyone how to think or react to it - just sharing a perspective other than outrage :)

It's not outrage though, it's frankness. I just don't see a point in acting as their PR/Damage Control crew :dunno Why not just accept these figures have bad QC instead of trying to deflect the blame for them?

Well, I got Reeve from my not so local TRU. They had 3 Reeve figures in the DC toy section next to the Mattel Adam West figures
:slap There was no DVD display or anything.

I picked the best looking one. One was completely missing the left eyebrow and another one had a weird left eye.

The one I picked looks fine and the sculpt is amazing. The only flaw is that the "S" shield is a bit smaller on top and on the top sides, so there's an equal space on top and on the sides where the sculpted diamond shape doesn't have paint, but the painted symbol is not crooked or anything, just a tiny bit smaller than it should be. Overall I'm happy with the figure.

Here's a crappy picture

KMMl1xi.jpg

Well, I got Reeve from my not so local TRU. They had 3 Reeve figures in the DC toy section next to the Mattel Adam West figures
:slap There was no DVD display or anything.

I picked the best looking one. One was completely missing the left eyebrow and another one had a weird left eye.

The one I picked looks fine and the sculpt is amazing. The only flaw is that the "S" shield is a bit smaller on top and on the top sides, so there's an equal space on top and on the sides where the sculpted diamond shape doesn't have paint, but the painted symbol is not crooked or anything, just a tiny bit smaller than it should be. Overall I'm happy with the figure.

Here's a crappy picture

KMMl1xi.jpg

Man I wish I could just drive to a TRU and get one, but I'm gonna have to get mines online, and the prices are so retarded right now :lol

Be careful with dem glass joints :lol

Just because there are different reactions, doesn't mean it's "PR/Damage Control crew". If it were, I'd never have said;

You're confusing different reactions (which I never even mentioned) with "it's ok, cause it was $20" or "it's ok, cause it's not a hot toys".

Back