NECA 7" TDK Joker, Reeve Superman, Adam West Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's interesting that they said " First Batch " I wonder if the MOS dvd online bundle is considered the first batch? So far I haven't seen anybody complain about the ones that have the Batman Movie bundles. I could be wrong. What I read on reviews and Instagram of people that received theirs with the batman films have been okay, better than okay, extremely pleased.

again I could be wrong

I imagine that the entire production run was produced at once and the cases of figures were shipped by NECA to the WB Shop to be paired with the DVD's they already had. After receiving the figures, I'm sure the WB shop just began to process the orders, open the cases and pair the DVD's with the figures. And that's not counting the figure cases shipped to TRU, whenever they were produced.

Maybe the first cases they received had the QC errors? But even then, the odds of the cases being shipped and kept together in the exact order they were manufactured/produced and then opened up and packaged and shipped in that same order seems unlikely. Probably some figures have issues and some don't, it's just the luck of the draw.

I don't get why they just can't fix those damn brittle joints, it sounds like an easy fix to me, just adjust the casting formula, ratio or whatever for the joints and make them either harder or more flexible so they are harder to break. It's not rocket science and can't possibly be too expensive.

I also remember too when people were getting their shipping notices last Thursday and I hadn't gotten mine yet, I e-mailed them and they said they were processing and shipping the orders as they got them in from the manufacturer. So it's possible that maybe the first cases they got and shipped out first were the bad QC ones.

Mine didn't even ship until this Tuesday so I imagine they went through quite a few figures/cases before they even got to ship mine, so hopefully mine are OK. I doubt it matters what DVD you order it with, I would imagine they all come from the same NECA case-pack. For example, the MoS ones are still available to order, and I doubt if you ordered one today it would be any better or any worse than one they selected to go with a Batman DVD that they have already shipped.

I also remember too when people were getting their shipping notices last Thursday and I hadn't gotten mine yet, I e-mailed them and they said they were processing and shipping the orders as they got them in from the manufacturer. So it's possible that maybe the first cases they got and shipped out first were the bad QC ones.

Mine didn't even ship until this Tuesday so I imagine they went through quite a few figures/cases before they even got to ship mine, so hopefully mine are OK. I doubt it matters what DVD you order it with, I would imagine they all come from the same NECA case-pack. For example, the MoS ones are still available to order, and I doubt if you ordered one today it would be any better or any worse than one they selected to go with a Batman DVD that they have already shipped.

I had the same situation. I didn't get my shipping update until this morning and I ordered the batman rises bundle the minute I found out or WB released the bundle options. I did contact them last week when everyone started getting their shipping notices, and they told me vaguely that they get notified when stock is available or restocked and ready to ship.

So something is definitely going on with this process

Yeah, because I placed my orders for the Superman/Mos bundle figures when they had only sold like 75 of them, and they just now started to ship mine out. And from what you have said, some people have actually gotten in the Batman/Reeve bundle already! I doubt they divided up the cases and said "ok, only open these cases for this DVD bundle, and these cases for this DVD bundle only". I'm sure they just opened them up as they got them in and paired them up with the DVDs and filled the orders. And in no particular order when he actual order was placed.

This could work to our advantage though, seeing as those who have gotten in the most recent ones have been with decent QC, I'd imagine ours that have just now shipped will be just as good. I can't imagine they would keep old cases behind to fill specific DVD bundles, I'd imagine they just go through the cases as they get them in, and the newer cases the have gotten in (the ones we should be getting figures from) may be better than the ones they started shipping out last Thursday.

Yeah, because I placed my orders for the Superman/Mos bundle figures when they had only sold like 75 of them, and they just now started to ship mine out. And from what you have said, some people have actually gotten in the Batman/Reeve bundle already! I doubt they divided up the cases and said "ok, only open these cases for this DVD bundle, and these cases for this DVD bundle only". I'm sure they just opened them up as they got them in and paired them up with the DVDs and filled the orders. And in no particular order when he actual order was placed.

This could work to our advantage though, seeing as those who have gotten in the most recent ones have been with decent QC, I'd imagine ours that have just now shipped will be just as good. I can't imagine they would keep old cases behind to fill specific DVD bundles, I'd imagine they just go through the cases as they get them in, and the newer cases the have gotten in (the ones we should be getting figures from) may be better than the ones they started shipping out last Thursday.

Be as it may, I still giving mine the warm water dunk, what do I have to lose. I'm still going to hunt these at TRU this week and do the same :lecture

Add me to the list of super sucky QC figures 20151111_204732.jpgLets start from the top. Flesh paint in the hair,check. One transvestite eyebrow, check. Crooked S symbol, check. Yellow paint bleed from the belt into the undies, check. And what the heck is with the blue wrist pegs?!?!?! Totally disappointed with this figure that I foolishly paid near 40 bucks for because I was suckered into buying a DVD I didn't want just to get him. And I even more foolishly ordered a second one from the ebay store before this one arrived to keep one "mint" in box what a joke. My West Batman sucks too.
20151111_204855.jpg
And okay I know NECA is doing us a favor with the whole DVD combo loophole thing but it would've be totes okay with me if the QC on the figure was better.

Last edited:
Add me to the list of super sucky QC figuresView attachment 222950Lets start from the top. Flesh paint in the hair,check. One transvestite eyebrow, check. Crooked S symbol, check. Yellow paint bleed from the belt into the undies, check. And what the heck is with the blue wrist pegs?!?!?! Totally disappointed with this figure that I foolishly paid near 40 bucks for because I was suckered into buying a DVD I didn't want just to get him. And I even more foolishly ordered a second one from the ebay store before this one arrived to keep one "mint" in box what a joke. My West Batman sucks too.
View attachment 222952

:horror

May I ask which DVD did you order with this?

And which did did you get with the second one

this is getting ridiculous!!! I no longer give DC collectibles any money. Neca is about to join the list. this $%## is unacceptable for collector figures. :slap

:horror

May I ask which DVD did you order with this?

And which did did you get with the second one

With this one I got The Man Steel. And Batman Begins with the second fig which hasn't arrived yet.
Found an Adam West in TRU and his leg snapped off at the knee and my West from Ebay has horrible eyes I will most likely swap the heads and return the busted fig to TRU
and oh yeah my TRU west's wrist peg broke too :slap
had to drill it out to get the other hand back on....nice.

Last edited:
Add me to the list of super sucky QC figuresView attachment 222950Lets start from the top. Flesh paint in the hair,check. One transvestite eyebrow, check. Crooked S symbol, check. Yellow paint bleed from the belt into the undies, check. And what the heck is with the blue wrist pegs?!?!?! Totally disappointed with this figure that I foolishly paid near 40 bucks for because I was suckered into buying a DVD I didn't want just to get him. And I even more foolishly ordered a second one from the ebay store before this one arrived to keep one "mint" in box what a joke. My West Batman sucks too.

That check list is the stuff nightmares are made of. :horror

JtUxKl0.jpg

I remember issues like these when their Predator figures came out, especially noticeable in the Classic Predator figure. The first production run was OK, I saw some with some issues like missing parts, sloppy, thick paint apps and some breakage issues.

The next production run has a bit thinner paint, but the spots and paint wash/gloss on the head were very heavily applied and did not look good. And some had some very heavy seam lines running down the top of the head. I even saw some with no brown paint applied to the head at all, just the yellow plastic and black spots paint apps.

And I don't even want to talk about the issues from series 3. From the packaging to the actual figures themselves, it was not very good. Luckily Predator production has moved factories since then and has improved quite a bit, with some slip-ups here and there.

Even take the Aliens Genocide figures for example. the initial 2-pack was pretty well done with some breakage issues, and the recent re-release of the figures using the same mold have some pretty major molding issues, parts misalignment and other things.

It looks like most of the issues with the Supes posted above are mostly paint bleed/error issues. I've seen figures with molding errors, paint glob clumps and other issues.

View attachment 222952
And okay I know NECA is doing us a favor with the whole DVD combo loophole thing but it would've be totes okay with me if the QC on the figure was better.

I don't know if NECA covertly use the UK as a dumping ground for their b-stock, but this describes almost every one of their figures I see on the pegs at my FLCS.

Really wish they could tighten up their QC, I'd love to give them more of my money.

Just because it's $20 doesn't mean it'a okay to break or have paint flaws right out of the package. A figure that breaks and/or has QC issues, be it a $10 figure, $20 figure, $50 figure, $80 figure, or $200 figure is just wrong any way you look at it.

Just because it's $20 doesn't mean it'a okay to break or have paint flaws right out of the package. A figure that breaks and/or has QC issues, be it a $10 figure, $20 figure, $50 figure, $80 figure, or $200 figure is just wrong any way you look at it.
Amen! to that, I totally agree.

I'm wondering with all these QC issues with CRS will Neca do a reissue of the release?

I don't think I ever saw Neca rerelease any figure that was 100% to the original.

All I've seen is the next or newer version idea have more refinement in the joints in the past.

eX: the First Predator line never got redone with better QC joints. Sure with the newer waves that followed had fixed the issues and the repainted versions had fixed areas as well, but those were the repaints, they didn't even come close to looking like the very first releases.

I know the Elder Predator was completely reworked to look like the movie accurate version, but that's about it.

Does anyone know if Neca ever rereleased a figure from any line that had QC issues that were fixed and it still looked like the original

And I'm not talking about repaints, I know they redid the Hicks and Hudson with helmets, but I don't think the originals even had breakage problems
So I wonder if Neca will even try

No matter their history as a company, I don't see NECA ever releasing Reeves again as a movie accurate 7" figure, at most a comic or video game variation. This deal to do these figures is unique and as long as they can do it, they'll keep releasing new characters each time they do this.

Back